Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

A note to past reviewers: A group of teenagers who are not open to having new peers join them is called a "clique," not a "click."

Just want to congratulate the students and staff on another job well done. Once again you scored higher then the state average and many surrounding high schools on the MHA and other assessment tests given to you. This in addition to a 90+% graduation rate. Both my children went through the York school system. They were well prepared for their college courses. My oldest is graduating this May with honors. My youngest is a freshmen in college and has made the Dean's list 1st semester. Thank you goes to the teachers, staff and my kids. We truly do have a gem of a school system here in York.

The school consists of basically two types of people, the people who are bound to succeed because of their parents and sucking up, and then you have the smart ones who don't get acknowledged as they should. The schools extracurricular activities are great, yes, but that doesn't reflect the poor quality of the teaching and the ill manner of both teacher and student. The students are not respected, which leads to a strong disliking of the teacher. The teachers only focus on your homework abilities, mostly, and if you need to be moved up, they won't even think about it if you don't hand in homework, which in term, leaves the student unhappy, bored, and miserable. This school could do so much better, and it is very unsatisfactory.

The only reason this school doesn't have a 5 star rating is because the people who tend to visit these sites are bitter over their experience. Sure, the school isn't perfect but it by far is one of the best schools in Maine and was recently named one of the best public high schools in the country. I will be graduating in June and I will deeply miss the connections I have made with the school and it's staff. YHS has prepared me extremely well for life after high school and as my senior year comes to a close, I am confident that the YHS faculty is the reason why I am prepared and motivated for the future. The other schools in the area (Traip, Marshwood, Wells etc.) don't even come close to comparing to York.

The school is filled with teachers who should have have been fired years ago. What a joke the science department is. The school is a perfect example of why tenure for teachers is a bad idea.

There is a lack of promotion of equality between teachers and students, and I feel that as a result, the students tend to simply view the teachers as a nuisance. there are teachers in York high school that are liked more than others. I feel the reason for that is because the teachers who are more commonly accepted have a personal respect and appreciation for the students, which comes through during class. When the students feel respected, understood, and appreciated, rather than simply people whose only purpose is to be given homework to and told to be quiet, York High School would become a closer and thus freer school!

I am a graduate from York High School and I am shocked to read what has been written about my school. My time at YHS was amazing and I have my most favorite memories in the hallways of the school. The teachers were amazing and would bend over backwards for any student. The guidance did push students to attend high colleges, but were also realistic and told the student what to expect. I think the school does have its 'clicks', but so doesn't every school, work place, organization and community. That is a fact of life! The sports at YHS are also amazing and the coaching staff does all it can to help give the players the drive needed to be competitive. I highly recommend YHS for any family moving to the seacoast.

I graduated York High School in 2003. I felt well-prepared for the outside world, and I know many of my classmates did as well. I have a strong feeling that many will go on to become entrepreneurs and help change the world. Extracurriculars at YHS are certainly extensive. The science programs are strong. I felt that math was the weakest department(based on my personal experience). I found Principal Robert Stevens to be rated well because of his character not by his ability to do anything more spectacular or different than schools A, B, or C.

Last modified York High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.