York, ME
Before care: Yes

Posted September 05, 2014
i came here for 6th grade and was mamed by a tiger, licked by a cat, and bitten by a dog
2 people found this helpful

York Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
Went through a full four years here. I am now at the high school. Middle school I have to say is the worst EVER!!!! The teachers are horrible and complain about their job and how they don't get paid enough. They don't follow through with rules and are really immature. You can go to any other school in York and it's wonderful but the middle school is just not good

Posted May 17, 2012
aha a ha a ah ah ah a h ah ahah h ah ah a h ah hah a a h ah ah a a h aha ha h ah ah

Posted March 26, 2012
This school is horrible!! I am currently a 7th grader and they are horrible with grading too. When my dad went to school he he would get a 70 and it would be a C here you get a 70 and its a D-. That is crazy!! They don't trust us they treat us like kindergarteners!!! NO INDEPENDENCE!! If you have an issue you see the guidance counselor right? Well the ones here just say there is nothing we can do about it. OR lets just talk. If someone punches you in the face YOU PUNCH BACK but if you punch back you get in more trouble then the person who punched you because you punched back.. This school doesn't make sense.. I have to stay here 1 more year then seriously I am going to a private school if they even let me in with the grades I'm getting because of this school. All I have to say is this is just a wacked up school.. I'm sorry but this school wasted 3 years of my life and it's gonna waste 1 more year because were looping. We are having the same teachers that we had this year NEXT year.. God.. this will be greate

Posted March 31, 2011
This school is horrible bullying happenes and teachers don't care! No there is no wrist cutting I am a student there and I am begging my parents to let me go to berwick academy. They might not let me in because of the horrible teaching I am getting low grades I don't get bored they just don't explane stuff to get kids to pass. They just asseume u know it all. It isn't right!

Posted April 13, 2010
I just moved to york middle school in 7th grade and I think its a good school, I love the schedual and the laptops and the recess, I just don't vary much care for the grading system, which is if you get below a 70 you fail. Besides that, I think its an awesome school.

Posted February 11, 2010
I go to York Middle School, all I can say is the teachers are awful, with the exception of a very few. I know your probably thinking. 'Well he's just an angry kid.' I assure you it is terrible.

York Middle School 5

Posted December 18, 2009
As a former student and now a parent of an 8th grader with learning disabilities, I have to say that I am nothing but thrilled with the school. I feel that communication is great (thanks to e-mail) with all levels of the staff. Their athletic program is excellent and offering a bride array of options. The curriculum can be demanding, but being a previous student; I expect it and made the choice to raise my children in York because of it. With an education from York, Ivy League can eventually be an option that your child can feel well prepared for. I can not say the same for some of the surrounding area schools. I would absolutely recommend York to anyone thinking of moving, its a great community, school district and the saying 'it takes a village to raise a child' is not lost here, but rather embraced.

Posted December 16, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
Reviews on this sight are very inacurate. My two daughters just entered this school, from where we were living in Missouri. They love it! The teachers are all here to help and we keep in contact by email and they are always there to help. There are tons of after school activities. I volunteer at the school and let me just tell you.. Drugs? Wrist-cutting? No they are not problems!! The kids at YMS are very well disciplined, respectful, and get a great education!! Don't send your kids to private school, its just a waste of money, when you can go to YMS for free.

York Middle School
30 Organug Rd, York, ME  03909
Last modified York Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
York Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top