Brixham Montessori Friends School 5

Posted December 12, 2010
My daughter had the good fortune to spend 2 weeks in BMFS camp past summer. My daughter loved it and was excited to return to camp each day. My daughter normally resistes going to school or camp, but as soon as she walked in the door at BMFS, she went straight to a work station and began her "work." The teachers and staff were gentle, nurturing and respectful with each child. I wish we had something like BMFS in my hometown of Philadelphia and am using BMFS as a model in my kindergarten search for my daughter here in Philly.

Brixham Montessori Friends School 4

Posted October 21, 2010
My child is in his third year at BMFS. We are very pleased of his intelectual, and social development; and Brixham certainly should be given some credit. The first thing we saw, at three years old, was an improvement in his way to diffuse problems with other kids before it escalated. The teachers are caring and are aware of difficult relationships between kids if they develop. The school is not cheap, but neither are well qualified teachers. I am very glad we sent our child to BMFS and plan to send out second (after the 1st is in public!).

Brixham Montessori Friends School 3

Posted September 29, 2010
Brixham is a Cash Cow. The Toddler program is a joke. Taking off for a week so you can sit while they adjust to the space is painful. All they have to do is cry and the poor parent is rushed back in! How about door greeters who can take the child out of the car diffusing the separation factor! I was handed a day old bag of soiled underwear with the entire poop still inside. The front office is a disaster of disorganization. The head of the school acts like parents are completely ignorant and has little people skills. The flexibility of hours is misleading Always have your pocket books handy for donations! The front walk wasn t even scrapped after it snowed but shovels were politely displayed at the entrance (are the parents suppose to do this too, after they break their necks getting the kids inside?!).

Brixham Montessori Friends School 5

Posted July 09, 2007
BMFS is truly the best kept secret around. The curriculum: amazing! Each child thrives in it. Student/teacher ratio is the best and it makes a difference on the attention these children get. Teachers/ staff are happy and content and so students/ parents are happy and content. I love BMFS! Mother of 1st year elementary students

Brixham Montessori Friends School
18 Brickyard Court, York, ME  03909
Last modified Brixham Montessori Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Brixham Montessori Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top