No rating

St Joan Of Arc School

Private | K-8

Living in Aberdeen

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $189,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted July 8, 2010

I have to agree that St Joan speaks for itself! Smaller in size but much more to offer than any schools in this county! What a surprise to go into a school that makes you feel as if you have stepped into a far away, great place. What a privelage it is to be able to say I have a child in this school! What a great feeling it is to know that I am able to provide the best of the best for my child!

Posted March 5, 2010

My son is in kindergarden this year and I also love this school, it is truly like a family. My son had some needed a little extra help and they pulled together like a team to provide the assistance he needed. I feel blessed to have my son in this school!

Posted August 28, 2009

What a wonderful, amazingly beautiful school community this is! It is truly a school family. The children,staff, and volunteers have several activities they do outside of the school that make the comradarie here self evident. When you walk in to the school, it sells it self! The first person you greet to the last person you see on your way out will welcome you and truly demonstrate the Christian example taught by the school!

Posted February 22, 2008

I can't say emough great things about St. Joan of Arc School. Many schools claim they are a family but SJA really is. Everyone cares about my child from the receptionist to the principal. Dr. Towery and Mrs. Ruth are truly a testimony of excellence in their profession. The teachers are very caring and yet hold high expectations for the kids. We also have a great PTA president and team of moms who give their hearts to the children. They are so dedicated and truly love the school. There is a great priest here who is just down to earth with the kids. I would highly recommend SJA to everyone who wants quality in a Christian environment.

Posted January 13, 2008

I can't say enough positive things about St. Joan of Arc School. Our family has had some very trying situations and the principal and assistant principal have been not only very compassionate and understanding but also challenged us to look at situations differently by giving us the help and support needed. My child's teacher has tried a number of different ways to determine how my child can learn best. I think the staff of the school really lives the christian mission and have been great examples to the children.

Posted January 13, 2008

I have have had children span a number of years in SJA. The school was always very strong but it continues to be the best under the direction of the administration. I am always so impressed as a parent by everything that is offered, the great technology, all the teaching tools, the cleanliness of the building, and the bright and cheerful welcome both by the people and the hallways. Children are taught to take pride in their work, to help others, and that prayer is important. I couldn't ask for more for my children. We have been very happy and hope our grandchildren are able to go to SJA too

Posted November 19, 2007

St. Joan of Arc used to be a good school, but it is going downhill, fast! The administration is lacking in any real leadership skills. Some of the teachers are good, but others are inexperiences, and sometimes downright inappropriate. My kids go there and we will not be returning after this year. I would recommend finding a different school!!!! The public schools in the area are better.

Posted August 27, 2007

My husband and I love SJA School. My children have gone to St. Joan of Arc School since my oldest was in second grade. He needed some learning accomadations and had an IEP. We learned of the school through another family at HIghland. The administration and teachers really learned my children's strenghths and weaknesses and teach to the strenghths. My children have grown so much in confidence, academics, and character. St. Joan of Arc School really lives acceptance of all students and teaches the students to respect everyone. What a treasure we have found in St. Joan of Arc School

Posted August 27, 2007

St. Joan of Arc School took my faminly right in and provided and excellent academic foundation, strong religious education, service activities, and good moral teaching. My oldest is a Junior in high schooland has always been placed in advance classes. We are so grateful for our years at SJA. Our youngest is still in the school and although some teachers have changed, he receives the same excellent education.

Posted August 24, 2007

We are a military family and have two children at St. Joan of Arc School. The school has been so welcoming. They understand the military culture, strive for excellence and share a faith filled school. Parents are very welcome. The teachers are great. The administration show vision, strong direction and warmth to the students and families. We love it!

Posted August 24, 2007

We are new to the Aberdeen area. We checked out several schools and none can compare to our experience at St. Joans. We have loved our experience so far, the office staff have been so helpful, other families have really reached out to us, the curriculum was fully explained, the teachers are very helpful. The school came highly recommended by other families on APG and we can see why. We look forward to our stay here.

Posted January 29, 2006

Our family loves St. Joan of Arc. Our children are receiving an excellent education by very experienced and caring teachers. St. Joan of Arc is a small school where 'everyone knows everyone'. I love St. Joan because parents are welcome in the school to assist in many different ways. I help in school often and it is wonderful to see the children learning. The morals and values that our children are taught are priceless. Our children really enjoy the 'specials' they have, such as art, music, gym, computer, library and spanish. There are also several after school clubs for the children to enjoy. We are very happy to be at St. Joan. We love this school.

Posted January 24, 2006

I have two boys currently attending SJA. Both have received an excellent education thus far in terms of rigor and a well-rounded program of study. I have found the teachers to be enthusiastic, creative, and sincere in their interest to see all children achieve success - academically... as well as socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Weekly reports come home from the teachers of the lower grades to insure the parents are aware of their child's progress. The school offers Power School which enables parents to monitor their child's grades at any time. I received a call from a teacher indicating she wanted a few extra minutes to work with my son because she knew he was struggling with a new skill. A great example of committed teachers! The music, art and gym classes are provided by highly qualified teachers. Parents are highly involved in this school! After school clubs are open to everyone.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

230 Law Street