Accokeek, MD

Posted August 26, 2013
I am a Grandparent who took my grandson from a failing curriculum in the Atlanta school system and was referred to Beddow by very close friends. I can't say enough good things about the school, all of the things that are necessary for a student to succeed are there. The low student to teacher ratio was a definite plus, for kids like my grandson there is no where to hide in terms of assignment completetion. The teachers are very involved in the entire educational process, not just homework checkers. Over a two year period I watched my grandson go from an underachiever to a serious student demonstrating his real potential as a student and active member of the community. Not only did the school improve his educational stature but also his self esteem by allowing him to recognize what he could achieve giving the proper environment. I owe a debt of gratitude to all the staff and administrators that I personally will never be able to repay. Thanks Beddow for being there Ted Farmer

Posted April 27, 2012
This is mychildren s first year attending the Beddow High School. In the past, they attended Prince Georges County Public Schools. As a parent, I have seen nothing but positive results from the transition. Initially, my children struggled withthe transition. Therefore, the teachers went the extra mile by spending one on one time when needed. The teachers were always nice, respectful, and always allowed my boys to keep their dignity. As a result, they have assisted me with mending my children s education back to health. Additionally, whenI drop my children off at school, I have no worries. The other children at The BeddowSchool are respectful hard working young people who see the value of getting agood education. Consequently, I don t worryabout my children picking up a lot of negativity and bringing it home I feelthat the school is a safe and comfortable environment and excellent place formy children to learn. I could not havemade a better choice.

Posted January 24, 2012
Our son has been a Beddow student since the age of 4 1/2 attending the Fort Washington Montessori campus. After he graduated from the 6th grade we joined The Beddow School in Accokeek. Needless to say, we are still extremely pleased with the school s challenging curriculum and varied electives, its dedicated staff, the diverse student body, and the Head of the school. If you are interested in investing in your children s education, I strongly encourage you to consider The Beddow School. This is an excellent private college preparatory school with an outstanding record of high school graduates earning scholarships to colleges and/or universities. If you and your child are willing to do your part in furthering their education this is the place for them. Come and join us. Helen

Posted January 24, 2011
Our first year, and so far so good; students are very supportive of each other and the environment is very friendly, respectful, takes away any concerns about mean kids; to date, teachers have been great; size has its pluses but also its limitations, overall very satisfied.

Posted June 25, 2010
Small class size Excellent teachers Safe environment Great academics 100% of graduates attend college Drama, Sailing, Music French, Spanish, Latin and German offered

Posted June 07, 2010
Wonderful school that actually values academics. If any ofl the previous negative reviewers knew anything about Montessori education they would better appreciate the founder of this school.

Posted March 10, 2010

Beddow Jr/Sr High School 1

Posted March 05, 2010
If you wan't small class sizes, this is the place to have your child attend. Please be advised that there is a reason that class sizes have remained small in as many years. Beware!!!

Posted February 17, 2010
Great principal and great academic standards as well as overall educational standards!

Beddow Jr/Sr High School 0

Posted January 16, 2010
Great school, small class size dedicated teacher

Beddow Jr/Sr High School
501 Bryan Point Road, Accokeek, MD  20607
(301) 292-1968
Last modified Beddow Jr/Sr High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Beddow Jr/Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top