Adelphi Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 603 students

Posted February 11, 2014

I agree with the previous posts. The teachers are dedicated to the success of each child and are being led by an outstanding principal and vice principal! Dr. Ennis and Mrs. Moise expect the best from the children, staff AND parents and it translates into great academic results. It does "take a village" and we found our village in Adelphi Elementary. We pulled our son from private school where the level of what was being taught did not meet our expectations (nor would they the state if they looked into it I assume. But I digress...). We look forward to 4 more years at Adelphi.

Posted August 27, 2013

Wow! Over 680 students to feed and take care of on the first day of school...definitely a monumental task! However, as I watched the staff and admin on the first day of school...the execution of this task seemed flawless, not to mention a couple of demanding parents wanting their attention in the midst of executing their main priority - students. Thank you Adelphi Staff and administration for your unwavering focus. Thank you for your hard work and care for students and parents. You haven't disappointed my family. My two kids are happy and doing great academically and behaviorally. My middle schooler is prepared and ready because of your help, support, hardwork and care. Keep up the great work. You are all appreciated!

Posted August 21, 2013

Adelphi is a great school. The parents are very supportive and the staff is outstanding. They work collaboratively to provide rigorous instruction to all of their students. The school provides a great structure and positive environment for students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 20, 2013

I was very displeased with this school. My son started school yesterday in Kindergarten and this is a new school for him. I was not given any information of the school or what will be happening throughout the school year. First day of school we found out who his teacher is and she did not have anything for my child, he was also not in the system for lunch and they did not have any of his allergy information. I tried to speak with the Principal on today and she told me clearly that she did not have time. I expressed to her that my concerns for my child and she told me to "get over it, its the first day." She said she was not going to apologize for the bad impression that was left, not to mention we were having the conversation in the hallway not in private. The teacher was not welcoming at all. She did not have time to talk to me and let me know what to expect and how she runs the classroom. If I did not ask questions I would not know that there hours were not normal school hours. School is from 7:50-1:55. If I did not ask so many question to all of the teachers I would not know that and would have came at 3pm like most elementary school.

Posted February 12, 2010

My daughter has been at Adelphi since Kindergarden and she is now in the 6th Grade. I commened all of the staff from Mrs. Bergen, Ms Paquette, Mrs. Faulkner and all those I missed. They all have been great with my daughter and she already said she's going to miss 'Adelphi' next year. I want to thank all the staff for helping my daughter acheive her goals...she really loves to learn and I have to thank 'Adelphi' for that.

Posted July 9, 2008

My son is now in the 5th grade. He started at Adelphi in the 3rd grade. His 3rd grade teacher made the transition from private school to public school seamless. She made sure that he had a true understanding of everything that was being taught. His 4th grade teacher was even more wonderful. With a class of 31 children, she still had time to focus on each child. She knew the strengths and weaknesses of each child. The PE teacher was OUTSTANDING as was the Music teacher. He was looking forward to returning to this school, but we are moving. I regret that he will not be returning to the school. We will truely miss the staff and faculty of this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Maryland used the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The MSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2014.

65 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

65 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2014.

24 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2014.

62 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 86%N/A42%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8820 Riggs Rd