Posted January 14, 2014
I am a happy mom of two children at Mills Parole and I think it's a great place. The teachers are very caring and want the students to do their best. The new principal and vice principal are great. They seem very caring and interested in the kids. Mr. Walker comes out every morning to help the traffic. Mrs. Meyers is always available and helps the kids. The Mills Parole staff is a great team!

Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2013
While I agree this school could use some work, I don't agree with the assessment of the principal, Mrs. Meyers. She is very engaging and a supporter of the children. She has offered to bring my son to afterschool activities on 2 separate occasions - just because. She attends local sporting events that feature the students, even though her children are adults out of the school system - and I'm not talking about just school related. I am not a fan of the new Vice Principal, however, as he seems to be attempting to prove how tough he is with the students. But with an entirely new leadership team this year I am willing to give them a chance to develop and grow the curriculum and leadership. Now, for those terrible lunches...I have to pack lunch for my children everyday! It is a shame the "hot" lunches are of such poor quality! When I attended public school, in Baltimore no less, we looked forward to hot lunches. When children are well nourished it lends itself to a learning environment and re-energizes the students for the 2nd half of the day. I sat through a lunch period and was just appalled at the slop presented to those children. No wonder my kids wont eat that stuff!

Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
I concur with the review from 2011. In fact, things have continued to deteriorate at this school. On the first day of school, Susan Myers, the new principal, stood outside of the school and "glared" at the students and parents as they entered the school. She wasn't engaging at all and this is leadership! I will be moving out of this school district this year and looking forward to moving my kids to a school district where there's true leadership that is interested in fostering a better learning environment.

Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
All my children disliked the school strongly and also disliked the uniforms. My thought of majority of the teachers is that they were very un professional. And when my children went to another school they got better grades, learned more, and wasnt influenced badly as they was of here. They thought the lunches werent very tasty and learned very distrubing things that were talked about with friends and written in the poorley sanitized bathrooms. I suggest you dont enroll your child here with all do respect of mills parole.

Posted March 23, 2011
Mills Parole Elementary is a great school it gives kids the education and skills every kid needs great lunches and excellent students.Also the teachers AMAZING they have so much knowlegde you can't find at a regular school if you want your kid to get a good education and have fun during the process also if you want him/her to go to college sign them up for Mills Parole Elementary today!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 22, 2009
Great school and teacher. I love Mills Parole. I attend this school as well as my two young sons.

Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
My daughter has been attending Mills-Parole since pre-k (now a 3rd grader). I love the principle and staff. They give each student their full undivided attention which I love, and it has made my daughter the straight A student that she is today. Kudos to the staff at MILLS-PAROLE ELEMENTARY!

Posted July 27, 2007
I credit Mrs Adam and her great staff of teachers. For helping me to educate my girls with an excellent elementary school education.

Posted March 15, 2006
Both my son's started school at this school. I have to say this is the most engaging, caring, and outstanding group of professionals I have ever met. I can't say enough about Mrs. Adams, the principal, she is just amazing and she, like the rest of her staff, truly care for these children. It may take more effort but the staff will not let your cild fall by the way side. As a parent I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children.

Posted May 24, 2005
I have a second grader who is currently attending this school. I would not dream of moving until he can finnish 5th grade there. The staff that has taught my son have gone above and beyond to make sure that he recieved everything he needed. I can say from the principal all the way down to the cafe staff deserve a raise. Low score or no scores these people care. I know for sure that our parents have to step up and give the academic support at home as much as possible. The reinforcement is paramount in supporting the faculty in educating our children. It is our job as much as it is theirs. O. Johnson

Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School
103 Chinquapin Round Rd, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter S. Mills - Parole Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top