Bad
Good

Posted July 20, 2016
My son has been at RKE since PreK. We are entering 4th grade this year. We were sad to see the old school go, but the new one is magnificent and my son says "I feel like I'm in high school!" - don't rush it kid! The teachers are amazing and the communication between parent and teacher is stellar. The principal is now in her 3rd year and she has brought a fresh new perspective and works well with the staff to keep things running smoothly. She attends all PTA meetings and listens to parent concerns and ideas. I could go on and on about how wonderful RKE is. We are so blessed that this was our first experience in a public school system. I was raised in private school and was a little worried about how public school would work. My son has thrived and is even in advanced math and reading classes. I credit this school for those accomplishments.

Posted April 28, 2015
My daughter has been there since Kindergarten. She is now in 2nd grade. I absolutely love this school. She has excelled wonderfully and had great teachers. She is currently in Mrs. Shaul's class who is a total gem and wonderful with the kids.

Posted October 20, 2014
I have had three children attend this school, and I will be very sad when our time here comes to and end. There are so many opportunities for children at RKE - clubs, teams, sports, etc - that every child can find his/her niche. The teachers are top notch and get to know each child as an individual. I couldn't have asked for a better start for my kids' educations - and when they moved up to middle school, they were exceedingly prepared, both socially and academically.

Rolling Knolls Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2013
I called about having a tour, meet and greet to answer some questions I have about the school, curriculum, discipline and core values. The principals secretary told me in a rude tone..."if this is the school your zoned to go to you just enroll and attend, this isn't a private school". I remained polite and asked her to take my name and number and forward it to the principal. After 7 days I didn't hear a word from the school. I called again, to have the same lady, again rude say "didn't you call last week, I already took your information". I asked her to forward it again since the principal hasn't called me yet. After three weeks wait I still hadn't received a call. I tried again, and spoke with a different office staff. Finally the principal called she did not give me a warm feeling, she was reluctant to give me a tour making excuses about it. I flat out asked her you won't meet with me? She gave in and set an appt. and told me to do my homework first so we aren't here all day. If this is the treatment I get before my child attends how will it be if you do have a problem once we are here. The office staff is rude, I'm not impressed but keeping and open mind.

Rolling Knolls Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2012
I agree with another parent, the office staff are rude and do not think it is important to be helpful or respectful to parents. Also, the K staff think it is their job to police what snack I send to school with my child. The other day I packed a snack that was sugar free and was vitamin fortified, sort of like gummy vites. I got a note that said "Please do not send candy as a snack" Really? Where is that rule written? Why are cookies, pudding and fruit roll ups ok but not sugar free gummy rings? My kid eats very healthy food 90% of the time. I think gummy rings once a month is fine. At least I pack a snack everyday--some parents do bother and their kids get the FREE snacks we parents were required to buy at the start of the year. Then my kid wants to know why he can't have those snacks too. Take your Michelle Obama communism and mind-control and shove it!

Rolling Knolls Elementary School

Posted March 15, 2010
I am extremely happy with the commitment and service offered by the faculty and staff of this school. I agree with the post on 24 July that my experience with the school has been a very positive one.

Posted July 24, 2009
I must respond to the last post. I am sorry that you had a bad experiance, but I have a 3rd grader and a PK at RKE and my experiance has been absolutely contrary. I have been very active in my child's classroom, which is encouraged by the staff, and can tell without a doubt that the children are in no way seperated by abaility or aptitude. My children's classes have always held children running the complete gamut and the staff and teachers: from the principle, teachers, counselors, to the lunch monitors know the kids names and really seem to care about their success. Sincerely, I have been quite impressed.

Rolling Knolls Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2009
I transferrred my child from a private school after 4 years of having 30+ kids per classroom. Rolling Knolls seemed to offer a smaller class size and what I saw was a challenging curriculum. Within the first couple months I soon realized that the individual classes per grade are seperated out to the smartest kids, the middle of the road kids and the goof-offs. Be wary when attending this school.

Posted May 30, 2004
I am very proud to be a parent of 2 students that have attended Rolling Knolls since Pre-K. RKE has a very diverse population and the principal and teachers do their very best to meet the needs of all students. I have been pleased with the Saxxon Math and Open Court Reading programs. Overall, the County needs to focus a bit more on gifted and talented students at the elementary level and allow them the same access to extra services as they allow challenged students. RKE has an extremely active PTA that provides many extras for the students and teachers. Parents are encouraged to participate in their child's education and are welcomed in most classrooms. RKE provides a well-rounded education and the music, art, PE and media programs are strong. Stop in, look around, talk with the students! You would have to pay alot of money to get a comparable private school.

Posted February 09, 2004
We switched our child from private school to Rolling Knolls Elementary and have been extremely happy with our decision. Our daughter is doing more challenging academic work at Rolling Knolls. As a Kindergartener, she is already starting to read, as well as add and subtract. The small student/teacher ratio is fantastic, better than the private school, and the commitment and skill of the teachers is very impressive. I watched one teacher keep a room of 31 (two classes working together) 5 year-olds engaged and interested for an entire morning! Finally, the school has excellent (quantity & quality) parent involvement, which shows in the ambiance of the school, and our principal is top notch - both kids and parents love her. I would highly recommend Rolling Knolls!

Rolling Knolls Elementary School
1985 Valley Rd, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Rolling Knolls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.