Bad
Good

My child went to this school for Kindergarten. I just really loved this school. She learned a lot there for 3 month.A Lot! And a safety for kids are high there too. I liked how everything was organized.As we moved she had to change the school. I am planning to move to that area again that she can go to that school again.

My daughter went to West Annapolis from K-5th grade. I was a young mom, & could have used some guidance, but the parents, teachers and administration were snobby & unapproachable. Since my daughter didn't go to daycare, she missed a lot of school her 1st yr, b/c she caught everything. Her teacher & the staff were not understanding, they would speak to me like a child, & "scold" me for her absence. When my daughter didn't learn her X tables, it didn't matter, they just moved on, no extra help was provided or offered. When the section was done, she had to sit in another classroom, while the kids who did learn them had an ice cream party. I tried to get involved, but it's hard to interact with people who already formed a negative opinion about you. If I did that in my job, if I treated patients like idiots or scolded them b/c they didn't know why they were sick, I would get fired. We are back on the shore now, & she is so much happier. She is an honor role student, has a good group of friends, and is the president of her 4-H club. If your child isn't thriving - change their environment. I wish I would have moved us back 1/2 through her 1st year at West Annapolis.

My son attended WAES 2010-2011. I am an active duty service member that was stationed at the USNA. I absolutely loved the school. The school is very sensitive to the needs of active duty children. My son made wonderful friends. He thrived in the school. The principal was very visible and information was always well-communicated. His teacher was open and honest about my son and I appreciated it. They foster a kind environment that is very welcoming.

small classes, awesome teachers and administrators... high parent involvement which means so many opportunities for the children

Both of my children attended and it is almost like a free private school w/ normal people in it!

Last modified West Annapolis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.