Annapolis, MD
Before care: Yes

West Annapolis Elementary School 2

Posted September 15, 2014
My daughter went to West Annapolis from K-5th grade. I was a young mom, & could have used some guidance, but the parents, teachers and administration were snobby & unapproachable. Since my daughter didn't go to daycare, she missed a lot of school her 1st yr, b/c she caught everything. Her teacher & the staff were not understanding, they would speak to me like a child, & "scold" me for her absence. When my daughter didn't learn her X tables, it didn't matter, they just moved on, no extra help was provided or offered. When the section was done, she had to sit in another classroom, while the kids who did learn them had an ice cream party. I tried to get involved, but it's hard to interact with people who already formed a negative opinion about you. If I did that in my job, if I treated patients like idiots or scolded them b/c they didn't know why they were sick, I would get fired. We are back on the shore now, & she is so much happier. She is an honor role student, has a good group of friends, and is the president of her 4-H club. If your child isn't thriving - change their environment. I wish I would have moved us back 1/2 through her 1st year at West Annapolis.

Posted August 28, 2011
My son attended WAES 2010-2011. I am an active duty service member that was stationed at the USNA. I absolutely loved the school. The school is very sensitive to the needs of active duty children. My son made wonderful friends. He thrived in the school. The principal was very visible and information was always well-communicated. His teacher was open and honest about my son and I appreciated it. They foster a kind environment that is very welcoming.

Posted July 04, 2008
small classes, awesome teachers and administrators... high parent involvement which means so many opportunities for the children

Posted May 05, 2008
Both of my children attended and it is almost like a free private school w/ normal people in it!

Posted January 25, 2006
What a fantastic school with top-notch teachers and an excellent principal. One or both of our children have been with the school since 2000...and they are more than welcoming to military. Diverse, there is tremendous parental involvement without mention of socio economic status (there is a very broad range). This is the type of school most parents want for their child...stressing not only academics, but inclusion, discipline and respect for self, others and authority.

Posted April 25, 2005
Being from a prior military service member, with the constant moving, I was afraid my son wouldn't adjust since he was decided to put him into an ECI program. West Annapolis has a really good program unfortunately it will no longer be available after the end of this school year. I am really hurt with the decision to close the program. So trying to find another school with their credentials will be very hard, especially when it comes to my son actually enjoyed his teachers and classmates. He has really come A very long way. SO my hats off to everyone at the school, from teachers to the principle to the staff. I will miss them all. Take care.

Posted February 24, 2005

West Annapolis Elementary School
210 Annapolis St, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified West Annapolis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Annapolis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top