Annapolis, MD
Students enrolled: 2,158

Posted September 24, 2013
Broadneck is an amazing positive high school. I absolutely love it here, and would never trade high schools. The teachers get to know the students well, and we have an awesome supportive principal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Broadneck so much. I am sad that I'm graduating. So many positive people, top-notch education, great clubs, music, sports, etc. We have an amazing, welcoming student body and I couldn't ask for more.

Broadneck High School 4

Posted May 26, 2012
As a former student of BHS, I believe that it is an above average high school with some specific drawbacks. If your child is natrually interested in taking advantage of the high school experience (challenging classes, sports, clubs, etc.) the possibilities are endless. However, I like many other students had to deal with some outside issues while in high school which translated into drug use, skipping classes, and low grades. While it is not the school's job to "fix" students, little to nothing was said when students would talk about getting drunk or fighting or skipping class. So many times I'd wander in to school around 11am from the woods and there were no consequences. Its easy to skip classes, its easy to show up high, and its very easy to slip through the cracks at Broadneck. Although, with outside support I believe that Broadneck is a school very capable of helping students succeed, which is why I will be sending my children there.

Posted April 23, 2011
Excellent range of AP classes. Wonderful area to live in. Marching band and music programs are outstanding.

Broadneck High School 2

Posted March 29, 2010
My child is a freshman this year. We moved to the school district several years ago and have been very disappointed in many aspects of the school. However, Magothy River Middle School is even worse! Many of the teachers use completely inappropriate language in the classroom and put the students down all the time. The guidance office is impossible to reach and you have to be very persistant with requests in order to get something addressed. We are very disappointed and agree that the sports teams seem to take first priority in this school district.

Broadneck High School 3

Posted February 23, 2010
My son and I moved here in June from the Kansas City area. I did a lot of research on schools before moving, and chose this school because of the great reviews. There are good and bad things about the school, but overall, I'm not as happy as I'd hoped to be. My son's counselor is completely non-responsive, to the point where I had to practically stage a sit-in to get someone to talk to me. I've learned that there is a high rate of teen suicide and drug use in this school, as well as frequent fights. They have a great selection of classes, and my son seems to like all of his teachers, but the counselor and student body/student leadership leave a lot to be desired.

Posted January 03, 2010
I attend this school now as a freshman and it will be my last year. Some teachers work hard at making sure you understand everything while other seem as if they just want to get through the year with no academic goal in mind. The sports teams seem more important to the school then the academics.

Posted December 04, 2009
A few teachers make an effort while most either don't care, or would rather just do something else during the class. Some students get ignored and left out without any issues. Unless your in some program and you don't have the perfect look and grades, don't expect anything to come from this school. Some students get treated like a wall ornament while others seem to get the best treatment. The school was a disappointment to say the least.

Broadneck High School

Posted September 18, 2009
My son graduated from Broadneck this past June 2009, and I feel the teachers were very attentive to his needs. He worked hard and enjoyed the different clubs and activities the school had. I will miss being a parent there.

Posted February 07, 2008
This is my child s fifteenth different school so adapting to a new learning environment is nothing new. Broadneck seems to be very stratified with its various cliques. The staff truly seems to want to be engaged with each student, but the size of the student body does not make this practical. My child has commented on numerous occasions that the potential to be treated like a number is difficult to overcome, but is possible with persistence on behalf of the student. Overall, I would rate Broadneck at below average out of all of the high schools my child has attended.

Posted December 11, 2007
I currently have a Junior at BHS. He is an above average student and has had every opportunity to be challenged academically. He has taken mostly honors and AP courses (there are 23 to chose from). I am constantly amazed at the amount of work they expect these kids to do in each of their classes. He will be well prepared for whatever university he decides to go to. He has participated in several sports which are top in the state and very demanding. His teachers have been top-notch. The guidance department has always been helpful. Great school all around.

Broadneck High School
1265 Green Holly Dr, Annapolis, MD  21409
Last modified Broadneck High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broadneck High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top