9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I went here for two years and knew I made a huge mistake in the first month of freshman year. If you're not a lacrosse player, didn't go to the elementary school, or your parents are middle to lower class, or not from "acceptable areas" you are treated like an nonentity by teachers and students alike. Most academics were really lame, but a few teachers were good. In short, a lot of $ for nominal Catholic values and a lot of posturing and posing. I transferred to another local Catholic high school and was very happy there.

Talk about a waste of money, there are plenty of HS who bend over backwards to help accommodate class schedules. The teachers do NOT motivate the students, nor do they invest time or energy for students to excel. Also another problem if you son't have an A in a class no honors or AP classes. JOKE!! The school is old, smells and is completely outdated in technology.. Also beware the parents are clique, and so are the kids if you don't fit in good luck surviving. Shameful, there are other Catholic schools to invest in, this school waste of 12K. Move on.

Great high school! My daughter had only 11 other students in her honors algebra class. The faculty is outstanding and prepare the students well for a college curriculum.

St. Mary s is an awesome school. I think the website www.greatschools.org should remove ratings written more than two or three years ago, which are absolutely outdated. I have a senior at the school, and we are very pleased. The quality of teachers and education is phenomenal. St. Mary s students get accepted to the top colleges and universities nationwide. My daughter loves it and so do we.

I went to school here from K-12. I also played lacrosse. I enjoyed the school very much. The teachers were caring and the education was awesome. Looking back i will admit that the school was definately 'cliquey'. The clique's were basically sports cliques (not just lax) and then everyone else. Everyone does get along with everyone else pretty well but its definately diffult to make friends if you don't play a sport or you didn't join before high school. So i would recommend either joining the school in the elementary years or if you are going to come for high school be willing to play a sport. You don't have to be an established athlete, just be willing to play a sport. They have Varsity, JV and club for just about every sport. Its a small school (for good reason) so there is no where to really hide. This school is primarily for extroverts or at least those willing to make an effort to make friends. If you are one of those types you will make some really awesome friends. How can i put this delicately? This isn't a school for introverts or quite types. The school offers a wholistic educational approach, not just academics.

If you are looking for a cliquey school filled with stuck up snobs. St. Mary's is the school for you. Only good reason to put your child there is for education. Socially you won't get much unless you play lacrosse, and or went to st. marys elementary. Save your money and put your child somewhere else. I'm sure spalding has more to offer than this school.

I am a Junior at SMA and I love it. I play lacrosse and Ive been a three year varsity starter and i do think that there is some favrotism for laxers. I think that I shoul have gotten into trouble for alot of stuff that I think I would have if I went to Annapolis High. I have noticied that when i went to SMA before 7th grade (when they start lacrosse for students) I got in trouble more and hung out with people less. Now that Im on scholarship for lax I go to alot of parties, get in truoble less and girls 'notice' me more.

The School politics and the lack of respect shown equally to all students is a problem that the school needs to resolve

We have three children going through and love it more each year. In the past two years alone, the improvements (academic, outreach, clubs, lministry, leadership, etc) have been fantastic. PS. None of my children play lax. Try soccer, cross-country, track, rowing and basketball --- get involved, try new things, be open!

I am a student here and i think that the school could be a bit more hands on. It is mainly pointed toward lacrosse. Not my favorite

Last modified St Marys High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12