Annapolis, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted May 23, 2014
Our son is just finishing Kindergarten at St. Martin's, and We have been so pleased with the school. St. Martin's was an idea atmosphere for our son, with a loving, community atmosphere, and small class sizes. My son loves school, the activities he gets to participate in, and his friends in his class. He also really loves his teacher (and feels loved by her). We were so relieved and grateful that my son's first experience with all-day school was in Mrs. Glava's class. More important than the reading and math lessons, she worked hard to instill self-esteem, compassion, and community in the kids. My son often got hand-written notes from Mrs. Glava encouraging him or pointing out something specific she was proud of. Mrs. Glava also picked up on some challenges that my son was having and managed to give him extra help without making him feel inadequate or turning him off from learning. Communication to parents was also excellent. I didn't have much interaction with Mr. Moorhead, but the interaction I did have was pleasant, and he always made himself available (I just never had to talk to him about anything.)

Posted January 03, 2014
This is an excellent school!. I have two children currently enrolled (5th and 1st grade). The teachers are incredible, very caring, passionate and extremely competent. New leadership (beginning in 2013) will grow this school into the best in the county. Small class size and make up of student population creates a great learning environment. Like all private schools in the area, tuition is expensive but well worth it.

St Martins Lutheran Church School 1

Posted May 06, 2012
this school is the worst school. All of the good teachers have left and only one replacement is good. I have learned nothing eceipt social studies math, and a little English. the principal has no leadership. All the students and staff and parents are scared of her.

St Martins Lutheran Church School 4

Posted March 10, 2012
As a student who has gone to this school for many years now, I am very happy with the education I have received. The teachers I have had at this school are wonderful and the classes are fun and interesting. I feel that I will be well-prepared for my high school career. The school is very small. One class only has 11 kids, 9 girls and 2 boys. The class sizes range from 11 to 24. Being in the same class for many years with the same people can be boring to the older students. It's not a very diverse school. Most of the kids are very close. We know each other inside and out. Personally, I have felt quite lonely here because of my shyness. The school does have problems, but they try to sort them out as best they can. There have been issues in the middle school with people's things being stolen in their lockers, but for the most part nothing bad happens here. It really does feel like being part of a family. Everyone knows each other, and we're all very friendly. I have been blessed to go here, and this place will always be my second home. I'm sure all the leaving students will take something wonderful away from St. Martin's. I know I'll take away many memories, the good and the bad.

St Martins Lutheran Church School 3

Posted February 08, 2011
The number one thing going for this very small school (K-8, with total student population of approx. 220) is the involvement of the parents. Without their involvement, the school would suffer dramatically. Teachers range from below average to very, very good; however, it is clearly a very average overall staff. Every school has its' challenges, and it is how those challenges are managed that makes all the difference. The biggest single problem is the lack of leadership among the administrators. For although several problems exist, the administration is reluctant to admit to the short comings and ill-equiped to deal with them.

St Martins Lutheran Church School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
I tranferred my two children from another private shcool in the area this year because we were not happy with the environment they were in. I knew after visiting St. Martins that things were going to be different and the change would be very positive for my children, but I did not understand just how wonderful a school could be until we started. I was not accustomed to faculty and staff so warm and nurturing to the children. Communication between the parents and the teachers is constant and helpful. We get an e-mail update from our 2nd graders teacher almost nightly so we know what they are up to and how we can reenforce the lessons at home. Wonderful school, wonderful teachers, wonderful staff!!

Posted October 26, 2009
I am a parent and have 1 child in currently and another that graduated in St. Martin's. You could not ask for a more caring and knowledgeable staff. The small classes make for a more intimate learning experience!

Posted September 27, 2009
My son has been attending St. Martin's since Pre-k and he is now in 2nd grade, I love this school! I believe the small classes, excellent teachers, loving, family oriented atmosphere all make this school a hidden gem. The school goes from Pre-K through 8th, is centrally located in the city of Annapolis, has inter-mural sports, and has after school care for kids who parents work. I highly recommend the school.

Posted July 03, 2007
I am a parent of two elementary aged children who attend St. Martin's Lutheran School. We have lived in three different States and the education that my children have received here far outweighs the other schools. Class sizes are small and the staff is involved and caring.The curriculum is academically challenging (appropriately). The students learn a good foundation of the 'three R's' and build upon that. We have been extremely pleased!

St Martins Lutheran Church School
1120 Spa Road, Annapolis, MD  21403
(410) 269-1955
Last modified St Martins Lutheran Church School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Martins Lutheran Church School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top