6-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 23, 2016
I CANNOT say enough about the teachers at AACS! They are caring, passionate, dynamic and truly love the Lord!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Yes, for the same reasons as previously stated. AACS is truly a school modeled with Christian values.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Because it is a Christian school, this is part of the core values. They are not a school that merely has Christian in the name, but seek to be Christ centered throughout. The children are held accountable and consequences are not administered without full understanding of the implications of their behavior, so the children can LEARN from both poor choices and healthy choices , which ultimately builds honesty, integrity and fairness.

Posted May 23, 2016
The teaches have a vested interest in the children both academically and spiritually. They have a passion to teach and want to see this children excel and be their best! The school is well run and very organized.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you to the entire 7th grade team at Annapolis Area Christian School! They ALL have made an impact because of their "Team" concept and cohesiveness. They are exceptional at what they do and have a passion and vested interest in the children. My son has benefited greatly this year and we are thankful for their educational and spiritual deposit into our sons life!

Posted April 17, 2014
My two sons had a wonderful middle school experience here. They were challenged, yet given extra help and attention when needed. They've made life long friends.

Posted April 17, 2014
I will try to put into words how amazing this school is! This is my 2nd year at AACS and I have a son in kindergarten and daughter in 3rd grade. My husband and I had heard nothing but good things about the school, but as parents we wanted to be sure. I took the time to review the curriculum at the lower school and talk to the teachers and visit the classrooms before we were committed to anything. I wanted a Christian education for my kids, but I also wanted the best academic education for them, as any parent will say. This school has so much to offer. The teachers have exciting ways to involve students in hands on experiences to enrich and support classroom lessons. My daughter has told me, on more than one occasion "mommy, I don't ever want to go to another school". That, to me, is all that I needed to hear to know we had made the right decision. It really set in that this was the school for our family after attending one of the weekly chapel times. That is a moving experience, you have to experience that on your own to understand what I mean, and I highly recommend you come and sit in at chapel time! We pray everyday to thank God for allowing us to have access to AACS!

Posted October 04, 2013
AACS has been an excellent choice for our son from kindergarten to the junior he is today. The faculty has consistently partnered with us to instill Christian values and nurture a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The excellent academics, arts and athletic opportunities are just icing on the cake. It is not heaven on earth and we did consider leaving in middle school. Our faith and perseverance have been rewarded. Looking back we realize that no school is immune to trouble and we have grown through the challenges. In the high school there have been great honors and AP classes to keep challenging our son. There are enough sports with the size of the school that no student is cut from making a team. The music and drama are pursued at the highest level with nearly 1/3 of the student body participating in this area. Students are able to be multisport athletes and be serious about the arts if they so choose. I would highly recommend this school to parents who earnestly want to have their child in a Christ centered learning environment with the opportunity to have diverse experiences.

Posted October 04, 2013
AACS has been an excellent choice for our son from kindergarten through his junior year. The faculty has consistently partnered with us to raise our son with Christian values and grow in his relationship with Jesus Christ. This being of primary importance to us the excellent academics ,arts and athletics are an added bonus. It is not heaven on earth and we did consider leaving in middle school. Our faith and perseverance was rewarded. No school is immune to trouble but we all grew through the challenges. In high school we are grateful for the excellent honor and AP classes to keep our son challenged. The size of the school also allows students to be multisport athletes(there are no cuts for sports teams) and seriously pursue the arts if they so choose. I would highly recommend this school to parents who are earnestly seeking to have their child in a Christ centered learning environment with the diverse opportunities of arts and athletics.

Annapolis Area Christian School - Middle School 2

Posted May 09, 2012
The lower school's strict disciplinary policies makes the environment intolerable for children that have personalities. The school has potential but they need to allow the kids to be kids. If your school student has an introverted personality, this school is a good choice. If your child is an extrovert, keep looking. Some of the teachers will key in on your extroverted child and make your child's school life miserable. They need to create a more welcoming environment for new kids. The school is somewhat cliquish. I had to withdraw my kids after this term.

716 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Annapolis Area Christian School - Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8