PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 02, 2015
My 3 children have attended NAPS for the past 7 years. The school is nurturing, structured, staffed with a dedicated team of educators, and on beautiful grounds. In addition, the tuition for our 3 children amounts to one tuition at other area independent schools. We have been so pleased with so many aspects of the program, but we've recently been impressed with new innovations and adaptations such as the I-Pad program, green school initiative, and addition of an outdoor learning center. I challenge anyone to find a better value in the Annapolis area!

Posted November 19, 2015
Thank you, NAPS, for giving my kids a great foundation. They blossomed into mature, independent, confident thinkers under your care. We could not have asked for a more nurturing environment or more caring teachers for our kids!

Posted October 20, 2015
NAPS is a top-notch school. The faculty has a depth of experience, unparalleled judgment and intuition, and they all have a remarkable enthusiasm for teaching. We love the academic caliber and unique understanding of public service which are hallmarks of the school. If you desire your child to be a future respectful, engaged citizen and leader who has learned to be thoughtful and articulate, then NAPS is your school of choice. We also appreciate the talented parent base, many of whom have leadership positions in the military, teach at USNA, or are analysts or scientists. The school is extremely adept at welcoming new students and families and has a close sense of community. Parental involvement is welcome and encouraged. We are grateful to be a part of this exceptional gem of an institution and are continually impressed with the academic approach and emphasis on citizenship.

Naval Academy Primary School 2

Posted August 29, 2015
The school claims they have addition resources for students who need extra help, however, they don't have enough to support the number of students. They tested my child without discussing with me first (which is their normal procedure in talking with other parents and the school) and when I had their test evaluated by an independent PHD, I was told immediately the test was administered wrong and my child was exactly where he should be according to his grade. Almost NO positive feedback but are quick to discuss any bad days. The most concerning was hearing from multiple parents as well as witnessing for myself, they push "learning styles" (ADD and ADHD) and the medicines that accommodate it. Over 1/2 of an entire grade was on ADD/ADHD medicine. This is extremely disturbing and I pulled my child out. He is excelling in his new school. Hummmm Excellent PreK nurturing environment but rarely will you find new teachers or staff that is not connected to the Director in some way (family friend). School is good for some but not everybody!

Posted July 31, 2015
As a military family, we have been in a variety of schools. NAPS is certainly top of our list. The school has a challenging academic program and a caring environment. My children are extremely happy there and have made many friends. They are supported by their teachers and overall have a great sense of confidence. I was concerned by the comment that NAPS is not accredited but checked with the principal and found that is untrue. NAPS is fully accredited. I would highly recommend this school. The price tag is fabulous when you compare the other private schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2015
I can gauge how effective the teachers are by how much my son learned over the course of the school year. He loves school and he constantly shows us what he is learning. My husband and I were both impressed. I should note that our son is bright and he would do well at any school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2015
My son didn't have a lot of homework in kindergarten. I feel that it was an appropriate amount give his age.

Posted May 31, 2015
This is my son's first year at NAPS and we simply love it there. He was a kindergartner this year and I feel like the school really met his needs. The teachers and principal are very responsive and accommodating in general. I am a teacher and I have been exposed to different schools. Some local schools aren't as academically challenging as they should be. However, I have been impressed with the quality of education there. My son is learning so much at NAPS. I am so glad that we chose to send him there. Not to mention, it's so reasonably priced in comparison to other private schools in the area.

Posted April 29, 2014
NAPS is a nurturing and positive learning environment. Our 3 children have thrived there over the last 6 years. Small classes, caring faculty, overall strong academics, organized systems, wonderful grounds, and a nice community of parents are pros. Cons include limited enrichment in math programs for students who excel in this subject, no instrumental music in curriculum, use of TV watching during indoor recess/aftercare/transition times, and lack of ethnic diversity. Overall, we have been extremely happy at this school and highly recommend it when we have the chance.

Posted February 03, 2014
This is a great little school. My children are in lower elementary (K and 1) and we could not be happier with their social and academic progress. In fact, we are moving to another state soon and we are having a hard time finding anything even remotely comparable in the same price range. We love that the classes are small (12-18 in K-2, even smaller in grades 3-5), 2 classes per grade, and uniforms in addition to an excellent music program, art and Spanish in addition to after school activities. It is an older building and they are bursting at the seams, but the administration is doing a great job keeping the building in good condition. We will be very sad to leave and I have heard that the curriculum is a full year ahead of the public schools on the West Coast and quite a bit ahead of Anne Arundel County Schools as well.

74 Greenbury Point Road, Annapolis, MD  21402
Last modified Naval Academy Primary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5