No rating

St Annes School Of Annapolis

Private | PK-8 | 216 students

Living in Annapolis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $302,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,430.

Posted July 1, 2014

As an alum now many years out of St. Annes, I credit this wonderful community for many of my core values and skill sets as a useful person in society.

Posted January 14, 2014

The August review is very out of sync with our experience and what I know to be the experience of others at St. Anne's. We have three children at St. Anne's; all have attended from the Two's program. We decided to stay with St. Anne's because of the wonderful balance of the academic and social curriculum. Academics are just top notch: project based, collaborative, but still tailored to each child's strengths. Our eldest is in first grade and he is thriving--takes risks, LOVES all subjects, including math and reading. He comes home asking to do research on topics, and if something comes up in family conversation, he already engages critically with it, exploring implications and challenging fallacious thinking. The social curriculum, though, is what really sets St. Anne's apart. The kids are learning to be kind, caring, thoughtful citizens of their communities (small or large), and I am continually struck by how good these little people are to each other. School is truly a safe place for my kids--safe for them to take challenges academically and safe for them to grow emotionally and socially. I couldn't recommend the school more.

Posted August 27, 2013

St. Anne's School is such a wonderful school. Students learn how to be independent thinkers. The administrative staff and teachers give 110% effort and always express enthusiasm for learning. Students are taught to respect and appreciate the differences and uniqueness in each other. The school celebrates all types of diversity including beliefs and ideas. Everyone, students, parents, grandparents, and staff are welcomed into the St. Anne's community. Although the tuition is rather high, unlike other schools, St. Anne's is both striving and succeeding at substantially lower its tuition over the next few years in order to make the school available to more families.

Posted August 27, 2013

Our son has been at St. Anne's School of Annapolis through preschool, pre-kindergarten and now kindergarten. We are extremely happy as is he with his time at St. Anne's. He has been challenged academically and has really learned the meaning of community and respect for others. Teachers and staff are always accessible and happy to answer any question I've had. The Parent's Association is very active and keeps parents engaged at all levels. We are extremely pleased and looking forward to sending our younger son to St. Anne's when he is old enough to attend!

Posted August 25, 2013

The St. Anne's School is a private Episcopal school nestled in the comfortable cradle of Annapolis, MD. The rich history of the school boast an even richer diversity of staff, faculty, students and alumni that have created a very unique and special learning environment. There is a loving tradition of giving back and caring via service learning that students are enriched with and they carry this into larger community as lifelong learners and leaders.

Posted August 6, 2013

I had four children attend St. Anne's School from the age of two until they graduated from 8th grade. I choose the school initially because it was an Episcopal school and I knew the fantastic reputation of Episcopal schools around the country. I was not disappointed. Every one of my children graduated with the knowledge and skill sets they needed to be successful in high school. More importantly, though, they graduated with the desire to be academically challenged and civically engaged. As a parent, I do not know how I could ask for more than to have my children's first school experience leave them with a hunger for learning and a thirst for making a difference in the world around them.

Posted May 6, 2013

We couldn't be happier with St. Anne's! The responsive classroom approach is a great fit for our son. The teachers and staff are wonderful as are the St. Anne's community of parents. Our son is being challenged academically and socially.

Posted March 11, 2013

I LOOOOOOOVE St. Anne's! I was looking at 2 other schools and ended up at St. Anne's and I'm so happy! Not only is the academic challenging but the feeling my son gets everyday from the staff there is priceless! As a parent I feel comfortable that when I drop off my son at school, that he will get the respect and love that he deserves! They are very informative and very accomodating to both the kids and their parents. Not only do I love the school but so does my son. And an 8 year old will tell me the truth. If you want a tight knit community and want your child to feel like he isn't just a number, please bring your child here. Everyone (staff, teachers, PARENTS) knows your name even though you met them once and maybe not at all! I'm still amazed by this...

Posted September 11, 2012

St. Anne's School of Annapolis provides the rare combination of truly challenging academics in a rich social education program. They truly make every family member feel like they belong. It is a second home for my children. The graduates have an outstanding track record and alum parents are so proud of the school, saying their kids were far ahead of the game when they got to high school. The staff is extremely smart, knows the research--especially brain research--and care about the kids. If you are in Annapolis and have the privilege to attend a private school, look nowhere else. We looked everywhere, and St. Anne's is the best, hands down.

Posted May 2, 2011

We love the small classes, diversity, and caring environment. The cohesive project based learning has proven to be a great approach to education. We feel that St. Anne's offers a real program that is designed to maximize a child's potential from K-8. We are truly impressed with this school.

Posted January 17, 2011

We had two children at St. Anne's who both entered in preschool. While we loved the responsive classroom and the overall atmosphere, our children were not challenged enough academically, particularly in Math an English. Enrollment had also declined significantly, and the class sizes, ironically, were too small. This is a great school for average students whose parents can afford the inflated tuition.

Posted July 8, 2009

I am a student at St. Anne's and I have to say the school has good values, amazing teachers, and lots of fun and successful students who attend. I am looking forward to continue through the school until 8th grade.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 28, 2008

This is an exceptional school, with excellent curriculum and an outstanding administration and teaching staff. Their use of the responsive classroom ensures an environment where each chid learns both academic and social skills that will serve them throughout their lives and prepare them for a 'life of consequence'. The theme, or project based, approach to the curriculum prepares them for simiilar settings in high school, college and in professional environments where projects and teammwork are key factors in success. I can never repay this school for all they have done for our child. For those around Annapolis or those looking to relocate, I would strongly recommend visiting the school and meeting with the great staff. Sending your child here will be the best decision you can make and i am unabashed in making this recommendation.

Posted November 11, 2008

We are the parents of two St. Anne's students, one a recent graduate and the other a current sixth grader. St. Anne's prepared our daughter well for high school with good study skills, an interest in participating in sports and extracurricular activities and high self esteem. The school truly prepares its students to be life long learners. Given the very individual, child centered approach, a wide variety of children can thrive at St. Anne's. We are very pleased with the investment we have made in our children's education at St. Anne's.

Posted November 10, 2008

As a parent of a St. Anne's graduate and two still at St. Anne's I can honestly say how wonderful of a school it is. My son is achieving in high school academically, socially, and doing well in the sports and music. St. Anne's hands on child centered approach to learning helps encage the student. My children never said they didn't want to go to school and have been very happy there. I feel fortunate to have found a school like St. Anne's.

Posted November 3, 2008

Currently we have two children at St. Anne's, and a third who, after 10 years at St. Anne's, recently graduated and moved on to Severn. Our kids have thrived at the school both academically and spiritually. For us, the best evidence of the strength of the school's academic program has been the success that our oldest has enjoyed so far in high school. She is in a rigorous program, including several AP level classes, and is doing very well. We would highly recommend the school.

Posted October 14, 2008

My son attended St. Anne's for middle school. As a parent of an African American male, we felt respected, loved and welcomed. We would attend St. Annes all over again. My son and I made friends for life.

Posted October 5, 2008

St.Anes is a very challenging school and I absolutly think that they prepare you for your future career in life. Although St.Annes is a great school, I feel as though it's a little too expensive. The teachers are great, and have a high level of teaching and explaining the concepts. The have a very loving, and family feeling environment there. They keep you very interactive with sports, and extra activities there! As a student, I have been at St. Annes since 6th grade and I am now in 8th grade, I will truely miss it there now that this is my graduating year!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 28, 2008

My children attended St. Anne's for several years. On a positive note I will say that the school is a nuturing environment and that they do a good job of socially preparing your child. However, the academics are greatly lacking, the school does not teach the basic fundamentals of grammar and mathematics. It also seems to depend on which teacher your child receives as to what they are taught , there is not an across the board regulated curriculum with standardized basic testing being met and taught. For the amount you pay in tuition you do not get a quality academic education.

Posted August 22, 2008

My two children attended St. Anne's from 4 years of age until they both graduated from 8th grade. The school's academics are top-notch due to the great teachers and Head of School who really has vision. Through all those years of development, my children learned respect and a love of learning. I can't imagine a better, safer environment for a child.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES
  • NAEYC
  • NAIS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Technical design and production

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor