PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

My children attended this school for two years and what a disservice to the community. My children are so far behind as a result of this day care center like environment. The staff lack leadership and professional development and literally babysit the children. This "school" should be closed.

You should consider public school before sending your child to this school. There are several problems from the top down. A change in total structure is needed.

As a relatively new African American parent to the Annapolis area, I took on the task of visiting the various schools in the area. After a frustrating search, I found Book of Life Academy, a very diverse Christian private school. During my quest for a good school, I noticed the lack of diversity in the private schools in the area. Although I was convinced that private school was the answer for her considering the test scores at 'zoned' school in my area, I was extremely concerned that she would not have any friends that look like her in the private schools that we visited. Although it is true that some children don't see color, it is also true that children like to blend in and not stick out. BOL Academy has been a true blessing to our family. My daughter excells academically and spiritually!

I am thrilled with the progress my two six year olds are experiencing at Book of Life. I would recommend this school for any child. God is certainly with the staff at the school.

**Diamond in the rough** Don't let 1970's Brick Exterior, or the below average website fool you, classrooms are as bright and colorful, as the diverse student population. My children ages (4-6) have been attending Book of Life Academy for 2 years now and I could not be more impressed with the awesome job the school does of not only teaching academics (My children were reading at 4, writing cursive by 5, etc) but most importantly they are dedicated to teaching at the start of every school day the word of God!!! My 4 year old knew 26 memory verses by the end of the school year!!! My six year old would recite paragraph after paragraph of the Bible, putting me to shame :) The staff are friendly and warm and I could not have asked for a better environment for my children at an unbelievable price per month. Christian Education!!!

Last modified Book Of Life Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5