3-12|Private

Bad
Good

The Harbour School At Annapolis 1

Posted October 13, 2014
I went to The Harbour School for 11 years. I had some great experiences, but the school had very low academic standards. Also not to mention a VERY abusive,mean spirited High School math teacher who told students"they will never be able to do fractions because they are learning disabled." The Harbour School though means well, they paint a very false picture of the real world. For example, they embody an everybody gets a trophy type mentality. With little to no chances to get into good colleges, I strongly recomend against sending your child to The Harbour School. The School also accepts behavior that is not acceptable for the work place and that is not appropriate to do as an adult. When I went to public school before harbour, I remember that if you wanted to get on Honor Roll, it just wasn't enough to show up. You actually had to complete the work, and if you had all As and Bs you got a reward, if you got one C you were left empty handed. Harbour also did have a sensory room , where you can go cool off and relax, It was nice but I don't believe thats a good way to show students what the real world is like.

Posted April 25, 2013
After enduring the frustrations of a public school system that didn't have the resources to help my brother, my family was relieved to find The Harbour School in Annapolis. Because of its compelling, innovative, and individualized approach for students with learning differences, The Harbour School was the absolute best fit for my brother. We always have felt thankful for the wonderful educational experience my brother had at The Harbour School, as his self-confidence and self-esteem rose markedly. We were thrilled when he began to discover new interests through The Harbour School's outstanding extracurricular sports and arts programs; his participation in these activities further enhanced his social development. In addition to forming lasting friendships with fellow students, my brother also felt the daily compassion from Harbour s dedicated staff. Lastly, my brother drew inspiration from the enthusiasm for learning that the school's director, Dr. Linda Jacobs, always imparted to Harbour students. Moreover, my family felt reassured that someone with Dr. Jacobs' expertise and track record with special-needs education was at the helm during my brother's educational journey.

Posted November 11, 2011
I relied on this website due to moving from out of town and am pleased with my area. The main reason I moved to this area was the excellent school district. I have been lucky enough to get to know students that go to this school and am so pleased on how they've developed over the years. Per the parents, the students receive an individualized education and the students I know that go their have flourish.

The Harbour School At Annapolis 2

Posted November 10, 2011
This school is full of inexperienced teachers at the lower levels, and burn-outs in the upper school, all who are terrified of the adminstrator, who is a controlling, personality-disordered individual whose sole purpose in life is to make money. She does this by firing those who have the most experience and who dare to tell her what is best for the students, and replacing them with pretty teachers who do not have degrees in education, who are fresh out of college, or teachers who bear more resemblence to Bob Cratchitt, keeping their mouths shut while they collect their measly pay. The self serving murals which she has paid several thousands of dollars for only serves to underline her narcissism, and flaunts the fact that she is more willing to spend tuition money on homages to herself than textbooks (of which there are NONE!) Although the school is on par with the public and other private schools, it certainly is not worth paying for. It is funny how the 5 star review here touts "parental involvement" when parents are not even allowed to volunteer during the school day! Sounds like lies to me! Don't be fooled by the pretty building, and the ipads.

The Harbour School At Annapolis 1

Posted February 08, 2011
This school has been a nightmare for me and my wife!! warning do not send your child to this school please trust me. I pulled my son out but not soon enough before the damage that has scared my child for life from the neglect of this faulty, they will not, I repeat will not give your child the tools to succeed and will hold back secrets that your child has address to certain faulty members that they told my child to never to tell YOUR PARENTS!! Please for your safety and your child, DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!! you have been warned!

The Harbour School At Annapolis 3

Posted May 09, 2010
This school has many wonderful staff members, but they are being burned out because of the self-serving decisions of the director. Classes are getting bigger each year and the individual attention previously afforded students is being diluted by the overburdened staff.

Posted March 10, 2010
As a mother of a Harbour School graduate, I am more than delighted with my son's success as an adult. I attribute much of his success to the education and guidance he received at The Harbour School. The Director took a very personal interest in him and to this day, he thinks of her as a second back up mother.

The Harbour School At Annapolis 3

Posted May 09, 2008
This is a fabulous school, with many fabulous teachers. I interned here for a year, and made many wonderful friends. I also can vouch for the committment of most of the people that work here. However, I must say, the director is a money hungry, horrible, selfish person. She definitely has an agenda that overshadows what is best for the children.

Posted January 10, 2005
We have been more than pleased with the Harbour School. Our son had transferred from a public Elementary school. (Please note, this school serves children between 6 and 21. The biggest advantages we see here is:a)outstanding parental involvement b)low student teacher ratios and c)caring teachers and administration. The Harbour School is an A+ school. I only wish that our soon would have started here earlier. This school provides opportunities to children who would never have the chance to participate in normal school activities.

The Harbour School At Annapolis
1277 Green Holly Drive, Annapolis, MD  21409
Last modified The Harbour School At Annapolis is a Private school that serves grades 3-12