Posted April 02, 2014
A great school. The staff are very interactive with parents, and caring. My daughter struggled academically at other schools, but she excels here. I can't say enough good things about Phoenix.

Posted June 03, 2013
My son had the pleasure of attending this school in the 2012-2013 school year. It was so apparent on the first day how the teachers on up truly want each & every student to receive the best education they can. While it is true this is not an "ordinary school," everyone there does what they can to ensure as much of a normal environment as possible. The teachers sometimes have a lot of their plates, but each one I have encountered thus far are EXTREMELY professional and only want what is best for their students. My son has excelled so much because of the Phoenix Center, he is actually going back to his home school in the fall =) Thank you to the teachers & staff of the Phoenix Center!

Phoenix Center - Annapolis 0

Posted April 28, 2010
My best advice to anyone who has a child with learning and emotional disabilities. Homeschool your child and stay as far away from the public school system as you can get.

Posted June 12, 2009
I personally went to this school and only had the chance of graduation because of them. The teachers and staff helped me through my personal and educational obstacles and helped me to excell!

Phoenix Center - Annapolis 1

Posted May 21, 2008

Phoenix Center - Annapolis 4

Posted September 04, 2007
My son is in middle school at this facility and has done very well. The faculty and staff seem well trained to deal with the executive function difficulties inherent with ADHD and other disorders that may co-exist with this condition. The uniform policy is a fantastic idea implemented this year (2007). Positive feedback reinforces their good behaviors and a time out room is available as needed. I guess due to the nature of the school it prevents an active parent volunteer program which I would like to see in place. I'm not sure if this is for privacy issues or not. Overall I think it is a good school and has made a huge difference for my child. The small classes allow for much more focused attention. I had heard rumors that it had a checkered past but they must have taken steps to rectify the situation.

Phoenix Center - Annapolis 1

Posted August 09, 2007
Utter disappointment. This is supposed to be a school for children with emotional disabilities. It's nothing more than a glorified babysitting service and they overreact to everything. The goal is to get the kids to be as compliant as possible so they can send them back to their main schools. They send home the kids who are not compliant, i.e., the kids who are truly disabled and need to be there. If Anne Arundel County is not prepared to foot the bill to institutionalize the kids who are severely disabled, then it needs to staff this school with professionals who can handle their needs. Every one of these kids has the right to an education and the county shouldn't just wash their hands of them.

Phoenix Center - Annapolis
291 Locust Ave, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Phoenix Center - Annapolis is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoenix Center - Annapolis Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top