Bad
Good

My son attended Annapolis Elementary for 2 years and I was greatly dissapointed. After searching for a good school and reading the positive reviews on this website, I was surprised to have such an opposing opinion. The school lacked a community atmosphere. The teachers send home packets of worksheets that have been completed during class as "busy work." The students spend a lot of time learning through whole group instruction, rather than small groups. The teachers also lacked formal assessment data and documentation to identify how my son was performing. We have now moved and are sending our son to another school. We are much happier with the atmosphere and the staff at his new school.

AES is an OUTSTANDING school, My oldest son attended K-3 and my younger son Pre-K, I wish they could continue but we are moving out of state. The ENTIRE staff is so friendly and caring. The Principal is Excellent, the teachers are excellent, even the office staff is excellent. We have loved every year at AES!!!

This is an awesome school. Steeped in Annapolis tradition and right downtown. I hope it is there forever

I have been very impressed with the administration of Annapolis elementary. The teachers are caring and well educated. The Arts program and the parent interaction is fabulous! My child has enjoyed her first year in this school. Even though the school is diverse, everyone is treated the same and is encouraged to do their best! Thanks Annapolis Elementary for making me and my child feel comfortable and successful!

Last modified Annapolis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.