Annapolis Elementary School 1

Posted December 20, 2011
My son attended Annapolis Elementary for 2 years and I was greatly dissapointed. After searching for a good school and reading the positive reviews on this website, I was surprised to have such an opposing opinion. The school lacked a community atmosphere. The teachers send home packets of worksheets that have been completed during class as "busy work." The students spend a lot of time learning through whole group instruction, rather than small groups. The teachers also lacked formal assessment data and documentation to identify how my son was performing. We have now moved and are sending our son to another school. We are much happier with the atmosphere and the staff at his new school.

Posted July 03, 2011
AES is an OUTSTANDING school, My oldest son attended K-3 and my younger son Pre-K, I wish they could continue but we are moving out of state. The ENTIRE staff is so friendly and caring. The Principal is Excellent, the teachers are excellent, even the office staff is excellent. We have loved every year at AES!!!

Posted September 18, 2008
This is an awesome school. Steeped in Annapolis tradition and right downtown. I hope it is there forever

Annapolis Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I have been very impressed with the administration of Annapolis elementary. The teachers are caring and well educated. The Arts program and the parent interaction is fabulous! My child has enjoyed her first year in this school. Even though the school is diverse, everyone is treated the same and is encouraged to do their best! Thanks Annapolis Elementary for making me and my child feel comfortable and successful!

Posted May 23, 2007

Posted May 10, 2007

Posted April 28, 2006
Absolutely outstanding school and faculty

Annapolis Elementary School 3

Posted November 23, 2005
This school comes up average for how it functions under the current challenges of public schools under this administration. It has a nice mixture of socioeconomic student backgrounds but not enough program size to make the best of this culturally and socially diverse setting. Discipline is somewhat outdated and emotionally crippling for sensitive children. Creativity is only falsely fostered. Children's voices are not encouraged and not given feedback. Some attempt at gifted programs exist in the guise of balancing the resources given to the underpriveledged percentage at the school.

Annapolis Elementary School
180 Green St, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Annapolis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annapolis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top