Posted January 06, 2014
I would like to commend Mrs. Robinson, 6th Grade Science Teacher. She always goes above and beyond and truly exemplifies what a "teacher" is. My son adores her and she is always helpful and challenging my son in his studies as an IB student.

Posted August 21, 2013
Annapolis Middle School i think this school is amazing i am still attending the school and this fall ill be in 8th grade i have made lifetime friends and learned lots of stuff and my class is actually the last class to not use the common core i love this school and everyone there it its fun but educational there are plenty of books to read and clubs to join the teachers are nice and very resourceful i have a friend who just joined the school this year and thought he was going to be an outcast but he has tons of friends so you wont have to worry about your kids being bullied at all because the teachers and administrators are always in the hallway watching during class time and transitions but lastly the school is really good when it comes to projects and homework because it prepares you for college

Posted May 09, 2012
AMS is probably the best ib middle school in the U.S. The teachers, the principal, and staff are great. There are lots of options for encore classes and highly advanced core classes. I moved from this rated 5/10 school to a 9/10 school and I still think AMS is better at teaching and has a better eviroment.

Posted May 09, 2012
The Best MYP(Middle School International Baccalaureate Program) School in the United States of America. Everyone there loved the School, Program, and staff.

Posted March 07, 2012
I am lucky enough to have two children at AMS. They are very different learners, but both are getting a great deal out of the excellent IB program. The teachers, administrators, and staff at AMS are fantastic. They know the children well, and contact parents with any concerns. The teachers are very responsive and committed. My children are academically challenged and are as enthusiastic about learning as I can expect them, as middle-schoolers, to be. Free after-school homework help is available a few times a week, after school clubs and enrichment activities are excellent, and parent involvement is good. The school is led by a strong principal who cares about the children and supports the teachers very well.

Posted August 01, 2011
I went to Annapolis Middle for 2 years until my parents switched me into the private school system. I loved the school. The kids were welcoming and fun to be around. If you didn't 'get smart' you could literally glide through socially at AMS. My parents switched me because they felt the school wasn't challenging enough. That would be the only problem I see in AMS. The custodians do an incredible job with the halls and bathrooms. 75% of teachers you will love. (there's always that one teacher who gets on your nerves :) ) The teachers are incredible yet firm with the kids who refuse to participate. The IB program, to me, is just a title until the program starts in 10th grade at the high school. The curiculam is the same as any other school. Though the class sizes are big, it's a chance to get to know everyone. You have all of your core classes with basically the same people so you get to know those 15 or so kids really well. All in all, AMS has a reputation that they didn't earn. That all the kids shoot up and other crazy allegations. AMS has it's quirks, just like all other schools. I loved the school, and I am missing everyone there over the summer. GO DRAGONS!!!

Annapolis Middle School 4

Posted May 25, 2011
Our son is just finishing up 6th grade at AMS. We were very nervous about his transition from a private school to public school. The transition went very well. The teachers and staff have been amazing!! They are very comitted to making it a positive learning enviornment. The IB program is just what our son needed academically. He has surpassed our expectations and has gained so much confidence!! We are so proud of him and thankful to AMS.

Posted August 11, 2010
My children are having an excellent experience at AMS. The staff and teachers are responsive to requests and seem to really enjoy their job.

Annapolis Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted April 15, 2009
So far this year my 6th grader is having an awesome school experience at Annap. Middle. Her teachers are exceptional and we are impressed with the IB (International Baccalaureate) program and how it relates her classes to each other and to the world. I love the new uniforms. They really seem to make a difference in the students. The after school activities offered are many and varied. Finally, I look forward to the change from 4 class periods a day this year to 7 next year. I really think AMS is a great choice for Annapolis middle schoolers.

Annapolis Middle School
1399 Forest Dr, Annapolis, MD  21403
Last modified Annapolis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annapolis Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top