Annapolis, MD
Students enrolled: 1,507

Posted April 24, 2015
I graduated Annapolis High School ten years ago. I took either honors classes or AP classes and it was an awesome experience. I learned a tremendous amount from the teachers the Math and Spanish departments really stood out. My friends are shocked when I say I learned Spanish just through high school they say well I took Spanish in high school too, how did you learn so much? It is a testament to the school s awesome Spanish teachers at the time. Math was great, I was well prepared entering UMD with what I learned at Annapolis. Annapolis High boasts an IB program which is as intense a program as there is for USA High School academics. My sister went through the program and with her extremely hard work and dedication to education ended up getting enough money in scholarships to pay for her entire schooling. If you work hard and apply yourself here then great things can come to you. On top of the excellent education students can get when they apply themselves, the diversity at Annapolis High is great and showed me the real world . In life you deal with people of all different backgrounds and Annapolis gives you this. I hope to send my kids to this school one day.

Annapolis High School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
This school literally sucks. I moved from a school that teachers care about you and going to school was fun, NOT HERE. In any school students are what make a school, everyday there are atleast 3-5 fights a day, teachers dont care, principal could care less. Its ridiculous!! The ratings should be a -10 out of 10. Dont go here, dont put your kid here, if you do, you have made the BIGGEST mistake of your life.

Posted April 01, 2014
I Love Annapolis Senior High. The staff is amazing, caring and by far the best teachers my children have ever had. The administration is caring and on top of it all. The IB Program and the PV Magnet make this school extra special but the entire high school is great. I think that the diversity of the community is one of its major strengths. So happy to be a part of this community, my child is triving!

Posted August 06, 2013
I am currently enrolled in the PVA magnet at Annapolis High and I love it there! I encourage incoming 9th graders who love fine arts to join our sophisticated facility!

Posted March 12, 2013
My ninth grader is loving AHS. His teachers are very committed and caring, he is challenged academically, and he has plenty of opportunities for clubs, athletics, and other activities. The school holds regular after-school drop in meetings that provide an opportunity for 9th grade parents to touch-base with teachers. The active PTA keeps parents aware of important dates and results of games and student successes. AHS is a great place with excellent staff.

Posted February 19, 2013
My daughter came to AHS after being in private school from K-8 and we were a little nervous about the transition. She has had a great experience here and loves her school. She loves the diversity of kids, caring teachers and opportunities to participate in a multitude of programs. The staff has a lot on their plate working with such a diverse population but they seem to always strive to provide the additional services needed by some of our kids. We love AHS and try to spread the word to anyone who asks.

Posted January 20, 2012
Annapolis High School have excellent IB, AP and Honors programs. Our daughter transferred into the IB Program from overseas. She found the teachers and faculty to be caring and encouraging. The IB program is very challenging, but was a good fit for our daughter. The teachers are excellent educators, who challenge their students to broaden their research and views. They graduate to be thoughtful and articulate young adults ready to take on new challenges in college/university.

Posted December 27, 2011
I attend AHS. It has an awful reputation and, yes, bad things happen here, just like at every high school. But we also have good things. We have a good SGA, good teachers, smart students, etc. Other schools get their problems swept under the rug but at AHS, everyone knows everything that goes on here. Don't be scared to send your student here. It's an excellent school and I love attending it.

Posted March 16, 2011
I was originally concerned about my son attending Annapolis High School, but this was the school of his choice. I have to tell you I have been nothing but thrilled with the school. The teachers are great, the administration works as a team. I am very impressed and happy with our choice to send him to Annapolis. It would be great to see more parent involvement, but I know that is a sign of the make up of the school. Many students don't have parents who are involved with their lives, let alone their school.

Annapolis High School

Posted November 03, 2009
Students at AHS are more involved, socially, and politically aware than kids I know who attend other area schools.

Annapolis High School
2700 Riva Rd, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Annapolis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annapolis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top