Annapolis, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted August 23, 2014
My children have been attending Eastport Elementary for the past 2 years. I am sad to be leaving. This school has exceeded my expectations. The principle, Lynn Evans and the teachers are dedicated to meeting individual needs. The staff are wonderful. Each year they have added more and more programs to enhance the educational experience. Last year they integrated French into the curriculum and this year students will be able to participate in a variety of clubs including chess and running the last 1/2 hour of the school day on Fridays.

Posted August 02, 2013
I taught English in Middle School in another county, then I received my Masters' Degree in School Library Media so I feel I am an educated parent, grandparent and volunteer now that I am retired. I volunteer at Eastport ES and find this the warmest, most professional school in which I have ever worked. Because of the leadership of Mrs. Lynne Evans, principal of Eastport ES, all who enter the doors of this exemplary elementary school feel that they are in a family which cares for all the children and the families as well as the staff who work there daily. I cannot repeat enough great compliments for Mrs. Evans; everyone agrees and that is why she has won awards and grants for her staff and students to provide even more benefits. The volunteer tea in the spring is the best event I have ever witnessed with all the children and staff participating to thank all the community members, parents and volunteers who give countless hours willingly to this educational communityr

Posted March 07, 2012
My son is really enjoying his first year at EES. He attended a private school for three years and then we moved him over to our neighborhood school. I wish I had sent him here earlier, and that my older children had attended EES instead of private school. The classes are small, teachers very committed, with very low attrition, and the principal and staff are remarkable. My son receives special math and Language Arts instruction on a regular basis, has a uniform, and has just 14 children in his class. He has homework five nights a week, and he is enthusiastic and excited about learning. I would encourage any parents in Eastport to look closely at their wonderful neighborhood school before wasting their money at a private school, where their child will likely get a lesser education. I wish we had done so earlier!

Posted January 06, 2012
This is my daughter's first year at EES and I could not be happier. It is a very small and intimate school with very low student to teacher ratios, thus allowing for very personalized attention. The principal is caring (she knows each child by name and greets them on the curb every morning rain or shine!) and very interested in parental involvement. There is an entirely open door policy. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips and school events, and are even welcome to drop by for lunch with the child whenever they can. My daughter has a wonderful teacher who cares about each and every student in her classroom, and ensures that the students who need additional attention (to be challenged or to catch up) receive that help. We are mystified why people in Eastport choose a private education when such a fantastic school is right in their neighborhood!

Posted October 10, 2011
i have volunteered at eastport elementary school for 5 years and my children attend the school now for several years. this is a phenomenal school. my son receives extra enrichment 5 hours per week with other accelerated students. he also enjoys a very small class size, and a full-time teacher's asst in his classroom. teacher and admin retention is excellent from year-to-year because of the leadership EES enjoys in its principal. i also encourage you to check out this small, intimate, increasingly diverse school.

Posted May 11, 2009
East[port is a great school with a fantastic, caring principal and staff and an energized, eclectic student body. Students are involved in numerous activities, including Chesapeake Bay programs, music programs and science programs. Principal Evans makes sure that each student learns and loves to read, and the knowledge they gain from this shows in their enthusiasm towards learning as a whole. It is a hidden gem in Anne Arundel county

Posted April 01, 2009
This is an extraordinary school. Our daughter is completing her 3rd year at Eastport Elementary and our impressions of the school only get better every year. Take a look at the 2008 MSA (Maryland State Assessment) results - this is the only school in the county to to score 100% proficient in Grade 3 math, and is a Blue Ribbon School nominee for 2009. The staff and faculty are outstanding. I've seen them at work with the 210 students here on a weekly basis -- there is a solid foundation of mutual respect established between students and faculty.

Posted December 11, 2008
Eastport Elementary is a wonderful school with an incredible staff, from the principal down to the custodian. Children are friendly and outgoing. Last week when I was having lunch with some of the children the principal had returned from confrences and had been gone for a few day. The children sitting at the lunch table began to clap they were so excited to see her. The teachers create a safe and exciting learning enviornment. I have been to all the local elementary schools and not one is better than Eastport Elementary.

Eastport Elementary School
420 5th St, Annapolis, MD  21403
Last modified Eastport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastport Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top