Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The large resource staff ensures all learning abilities get the attention and time they need.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is an integral part to every day at the school and is found in every aspect of the program. Kids are rewarded for having good character attributes.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The small class sizes and long tenure of teaching staff make for an effective program, k-5.

Amount of homework: Agree

Follows aacps standards without being excessive. Reading is a must.

Eastport is a phenomenal school. An IB PYP school, with small classes and an amazing principal and teaching staff, Eastport offers something for all students. Because it is a full title 1 school, the resources for students are outstanding, extra math and reading teachers and an array of additional resource staff. It is community vased, woth programs at the Maritime Museum and Historic Annapolis and an array of opportunities for the kids. And the diversity within the student population offers a wonderful experience for out kids, exactly what we want from an urban school.

My children have been attending Eastport Elementary for the past 2 years. I am sad to be leaving. This school has exceeded my expectations. The principle, Lynn Evans and the teachers are dedicated to meeting individual needs. The staff are wonderful. Each year they have added more and more programs to enhance the educational experience. Last year they integrated French into the curriculum and this year students will be able to participate in a variety of clubs including chess and running the last 1/2 hour of the school day on Fridays.

I taught English in Middle School in another county, then I received my Masters' Degree in School Library Media so I feel I am an educated parent, grandparent and volunteer now that I am retired. I volunteer at Eastport ES and find this the warmest, most professional school in which I have ever worked. Because of the leadership of Mrs. Lynne Evans, principal of Eastport ES, all who enter the doors of this exemplary elementary school feel that they are in a family which cares for all the children and the families as well as the staff who work there daily. I cannot repeat enough great compliments for Mrs. Evans; everyone agrees and that is why she has won awards and grants for her staff and students to provide even more benefits. The volunteer tea in the spring is the best event I have ever witnessed with all the children and staff participating to thank all the community members, parents and volunteers who give countless hours willingly to this educational communityr

My son is really enjoying his first year at EES. He attended a private school for three years and then we moved him over to our neighborhood school. I wish I had sent him here earlier, and that my older children had attended EES instead of private school. The classes are small, teachers very committed, with very low attrition, and the principal and staff are remarkable. My son receives special math and Language Arts instruction on a regular basis, has a uniform, and has just 14 children in his class. He has homework five nights a week, and he is enthusiastic and excited about learning. I would encourage any parents in Eastport to look closely at their wonderful neighborhood school before wasting their money at a private school, where their child will likely get a lesser education. I wish we had done so earlier!

This is my daughter's first year at EES and I could not be happier. It is a very small and intimate school with very low student to teacher ratios, thus allowing for very personalized attention. The principal is caring (she knows each child by name and greets them on the curb every morning rain or shine!) and very interested in parental involvement. There is an entirely open door policy. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classroom, attend field trips and school events, and are even welcome to drop by for lunch with the child whenever they can. My daughter has a wonderful teacher who cares about each and every student in her classroom, and ensures that the students who need additional attention (to be challenged or to catch up) receive that help. We are mystified why people in Eastport choose a private education when such a fantastic school is right in their neighborhood!

i have volunteered at eastport elementary school for 5 years and my children attend the school now for several years. this is a phenomenal school. my son receives extra enrichment 5 hours per week with other accelerated students. he also enjoys a very small class size, and a full-time teacher's asst in his classroom. teacher and admin retention is excellent from year-to-year because of the leadership EES enjoys in its principal. i also encourage you to check out this small, intimate, increasingly diverse school.

Last modified Eastport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.