Annapolis, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 25, 2013
I now have two children at Germantown Elementary. The school is in the process of getting certified as a Primary Years Programme school, which is the elementary school version of the International Baccalaureate programme. The focus is really on getting kids to be inquisitive, critical thinkers and to be able to weave together all of the various subject matters to make connections to the larger World. Our Principal, Mr. Reap, is very focused on providing the best education to each student. He is a wonderful leader and listener, which is important to parents. We have a beautiful new facility, and the only drawback to that is that our school has grown in size rapidly... but I think that is mostly because of the reputation for a quality education, great teachers and an excellent Principal who was recently awarded the Agnes Meyer Distinguished Educational Leader award in 2013 by the Washington Post.

Posted September 23, 2013
Germantown with PYP International Baccalaureate program, dedicated principal and outstanding staff is a great place to learn and grow. The schools second language is Italian, where even parts of morning announcements are said in Italian! In 3rd grade students can choose to play string instruments, in 4th and 5th addition to stings also wind instruments with band for advanced students. Choir is available for 4th and 5th graders. PTA and parent volunteers are very active and support the school with many fun activities, like field trips, wellness activities, walks to school, tasting events, winter rumpus evenings, movie nights, international nights and so on. My children have a great group of friends they play with outside after school and will go to middle school together!

Posted January 17, 2012
I have been a parent at GES for 7 years. If my children did not have to leave the school, they wouldn't. The teachers are great and the principal is very attentive to the needs of the students, parents and staff. Overall, I give GES A+++++.

Posted October 06, 2011
My daughter has been going to Germantown Elementary School since Kindergarten and I think it is a wonderful school. She has learned so much since being at Germantown. Mr. Reap does an excellent job as Principal. He really cares about the students and their families and ensuring that students excel in their education. My daughter is now in the 3rd grade and I really like her teacher Mrs. DeWalle. This school is a hidden gem in Annapolis and deserves a 5 star rating!

Posted January 07, 2011
We have nothing but great things to say about GES... Our girls are in there second year there, attending 3rd and 5th grades. Their tracers are super attentive, the principal is amazing and hard working (he knew my girls by first name within 4days of attendance). There is a awesome sense if pride and community at this school, the PTA is super strong and parental involvement adds a warm and welcoming feeling at events. I fell they do an amazing job of utilizing their Title 1 dollars in providing enrichment for the students. I would, and do recommend GES to anyone and everyone!

Posted November 18, 2010
Our experience at Germantown has been great. I am very happy that we decided to give it a try. I have two kids there currently, one in kindergarden and one in fourth grade. The transition was seamless and my kids are both happy and thriving there. Academically, I feel their math curriculum is excellent, and generally speaking, they are very willing to work with your child to make sure the learning is conducted so as to optimize their abilities. It is also wonderful to be a part of a community school and have my kids' friends in the neighborhood. The staff is wonderful and just as caring as any I encountered in the private school they were attending. I would highly recommend it to any parents considering making the switch

Posted June 17, 2010
We have a great thing going at GES. I still get those quizzical looks from parents with kids at those other schools, but they just don't know. Two kids there have just finished their second years. The one won't stop reading long enough to eat, the other is a certifiable math whiz. The place is a gem.

Germantown Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
Nice community school that is very diverse. The parents a very involved. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good local public school.

Germantown Elementary School 0

Posted December 11, 2009
My daughter is in her first year at Germantown and we have loved the experience. Her response on her first day of school captures our/her experience. Sarah walked out and, when asked her day went, she said: Great. I love school. That feeling hasn t diminished! The strengths of the school in our experience has been Sarah s teacher (I d put her against any kindergarten teacher in the nation), the great community of parents who wait outside for their kids each day, a responsive Principal and a warm energy. No school is perfect. I wish that there was better and timelier communication with parents and there was a better system for volunteers. However, these are small improvements that the Principal, the teachers and parents continue to work on. In the end, we are thrilled with our daughter's love of learning and love of her school!

Posted June 20, 2009
I absolutely recommend Germantown. My daughter just finish kindergarden there and she received a lot of attention from the teachers and had a great time. Her classmates were very sweet and they all took care of each other. Her K's teacher was excellent, they have a wonderful K staff. The principal is very involved and he knows the kids names. The school's staff knows every kid and they are always aware of them and know where they are, you feel that you kid is well taken care of. The school is quiet and the children are well behaved. They do a lot of fun activities like international night, dominoes with dad, etc. Every parent in Annapolis should come and visit this school, before going for private. The school has excellent resources in its teachers, staff and programs. The new building will be built thanks to the efforts of the community.

Germantown Elementary School
1411 Cedar Park Rd, Annapolis, MD  21401
Last modified Germantown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Germantown Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top