No rating

Calvert Hall College High School

Private | 9-12 | 299 students

Living in Baltimore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $238,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,150.

Posted October 19, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Calvert Hall College HS. My son is a Sophomore this year, and I wanted to write this review because I don't think we are what most people consider a "typical" Calvert Hall family. We are not Catholic, and my son is not athletic. I'll admit I had reservations when we first applied, but they were quickly put aside when I saw what a great school this is. The boys are required to take religion courses and attend Mass occasionally, but he never feels marginalized or like anyone is proselytizing. There is an ever-present culture of kindness at this school. Obviously, sports are a huge part of Calvert Hall, but there are so many other activities available that my son's lack of interest in sports is no big deal. I've seen so much growth on his part since he started attending this school. He is learning to advocate for himself; a direct result of the staff being dedicated and responsive to the students. He is being challenged academically, enjoys all of his classes, and likes his teachers. He talks with me about what he's learning all the time, definitely a good sign! Opting to send my son to CHC was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Posted June 13, 2011

Calvert Hall is a fantastic school. I graduated from CHC in 2006, and found myself more than adequately prepared for the academic, athletic, and social rigors of college. If I have sons, I will strongly encourage them to consider becoming Cardinals as well.

Posted June 7, 2011

My son just finished his freshman year at Calvert Hall and I cannot say enough positive things about this great school and the excellent teachers who love teaching there! He has always been a very good student but he is really being challenged. More importantly, he is maturing into a fine young man! The sports program is extremely competitive but he enjoys the challenge. As a parent, I would strongly recommend Calvert Hall. I know that my son will be well prepared for college and college life... and my son has never been happier.

Posted April 25, 2010

Calvert Hall is an incredible school. I'm currently a senior in the class of 2010, and I can't say enough how truly glad I am that I've attended this school for the past four years. I've been diagnosed with various conditions, including Aspergers Syndrome, ADD, depression, anxiety disorders, and a few others, and Calvert Hall's faculty has worked with me every step of the way, making sure I get what I need to get an education, whether that be allowing me to take my tests in a separate room or talking to other students who may not understand my situation as well as they should. Because of the help Calvert Hall has given me, I've decided to become a teacher myself. To anyone with special needs like mine, I recommend this school highly.

Posted October 26, 2009

Awesome teachers, who lead the boys to manhood. Could not think of a better place to send a son. Thanks Calvert Hall!

Posted August 29, 2009

My son will be a Junior this year at Calvert Hall and I can certainly say that this is the best high school in Maryland. From the first time, we walked through the doors in 2007, I felt that this would be the place for my son to grow and excel. As a single parent living in Baltimore City, the money spent on Calvert Hall is well worth the sacrifice. I see the end results in my son already. He's mature, well rounded and is preparing to be the first person in my immediate family to attend college. I highly recommend this school to any parent that is looking for an institution that has it all. Go Cardinals!!! :-)

Posted August 17, 2009

My son is a rising junior at CHC. Both my wife and I love the school but most importantly our son loves it. Upon graduation he will become a member of an eternal band of unified brothers...known as the CHC alumni.

Posted May 15, 2009

I'm an alum of Calvert Hall and have to credit the academic, athletic, and leadership opportunities afforded me there to my success in life. Calvert Hall prepared me for success in an Ivy League school, a successful career as a military officer, and now a rewarding career in business. Above all, there is a life-long camaraderie that few other schools could match.

Posted February 7, 2009

Great mix of blue and white collar with a little zesty catholic guilt on top. Definitely prepares young men to be leaders in business and in the community.

Posted August 2, 2008

My son will be starting his Senior year at Calvert Hall. It is the best school in the we could have sent our only child to. The staff, leadership, parents club and everything associated with the school is top notch. My son is extremly well prepared for college and he has grown into such a well rounded and intell young man. My husband and I both believe the school supports our techings and the reinforce what the possitive aspects of his life. The dicipline is well balanced and we just really love it... I cannot wait to have a grandson, we already know what high school his will be attending....

Posted July 31, 2008

What a great experience my son has had at Calvert Hall!

Posted September 14, 2004

Calvert Hall is an awesome school! My son just started his sophomore year. In his first full year he grew up very quickly. Calvert Hall teaches the importance of staying organized, balancing classes, homework, sports and other extracurricular activities. My son was never so involved in school before attending Calvert Hall. The school spirit exudes when you walk through the door. The teachers are all excellent and really and truly care about my son's education and his life.

Posted June 7, 2004

We have had two sons graduate from Calvert Hall. I cannot help but feel a little jealous! I wish that I had this quality of education in high school. Both were more than ready for college. One word of advice for prospective poparents - you will be shown two lecture halls and told that, for example, in English class, your son will be there two days a week with a hundred other students. Don't be put off by this - it is a benefit. The students are being prepared for college, and my sons said that the lecture format two days a week, along with small sections (15 - 20) the other days was the best way to learn. This is what they are doing in college, and they were accustomed to it when the other students were struggling to adapt. I recommend CHC without reservation.

Posted June 2, 2004

This is my sons first year at Calvert Hall, he loves this school. It is a great way to learn and develop. This school has great dances and other things for boys. I love this school.

Posted May 29, 2004

Personally in my first two Years at the Hall it has been pure hell. If you are looking for a true college prep school this is it.

Posted February 23, 2004

Although we had no previous connections to Calvert Hall College, our family became a CHC Family from the moment our oldest son (now a Junior) stepped foot in the halls. We're eagerly awaiting our second son to begin his journey at CHC, beginning in Sept. 2004. Having two sons enter into their manhood at CHC, molded in the Calvert Hall tradition...we wouldn't have it any other way. We're indebted to Calvert Hall.

Posted February 23, 2004

AS a proud parent of 2 Calvert Hall graduates, I feel the cost was money well spent. Both of my sons were involved with the outstanding music program which kept them pleasantly active & provided them with great frienships that will last for years to come. The teachers really care about all students & willingly help when needed. My boys speak enthusiastically about their challenging high school education, but admit they learned & grew because of their Calvert Hall experience.

Posted August 22, 2003

The staff at CHC is readily available to assist with any problems or concerns you may have. School pride is very high and the students work together to achieve goals. The sports programs at CHC are some of the best in the state.

Posted August 22, 2003

I am very proud to have my child attend. They very much care about the students. They teach teenagers the importance of hard work and accountability, and most importantly, integrity and character.

Posted August 19, 2003

You can't do better, no matter what the tuition.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8102 Lasalle Road