Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,225

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 24, 2015
I graduated from Calvert Hall in 2004 and had a well rounded very positive experience. I am an active alumni member as a result of appreciation for the values and skills I developed while attending Calvert Hall. I established some of the best friendships in my life during my 4 years here with both colleagues and teachers. I still keep in touch with the majority of these individuals today. Overall, I feel it was the challenges presented to me during my time at Calvert Hall that prepared me for my journey thru college and into the professional business world.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 18, 2015
The best part of this school is the teachers, particularly those in the honors and AP classes. They are willing to work with students when they have difficulty, and put forth genuine effort to communicate with parents.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted June 18, 2015
I'm not sure it's the school that develops the respect. Children learn that from home as well as school and those that are respectful at home are respectful in school. Those that are bullies will always be bullies, and Calvert Hall does have bullies just like any other school.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 18, 2015
The teachers absolutely! The administration - no! They are very good at making you think they genuinely care about the students, but then they do "investigations" involving rumors by some crazy misinformed parents and the investigation involves your child HOWEVER you are not told about it. This is very underhanded and disrespectful. Love the teachers - some of them genuinely care about all these students and are willing to put in extra time to work with those that need help and tutoring.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 18, 2015
Calvert Hall is a good school IF you child is taking Honors and AP courses. Their academics for these two groups of students is worth the tuition, otherwise, this may not be the best use of your income. Some of the teachers are outstanding and genuinely care about the kids. However, at least one teacher was ostracized for working so diligently with his students and was targeted because of his sexual preference. If you have son who is homosexual, be careful attending this school because even though this is 2015, the administration is not tolerant of homosexuality and they frown on this children.

Calvert Hall College High School 4

Posted June 18, 2015
If you child is taking Honors and AP courses, it is worth paying the tuition for this school. If not, don't spend your money. There are teachers that genuinely care about the students and take time to work with them. The administration is filled with homo-phobes. If your son is gay, do NOT send him to this school as he will be treated disrespectfully by the administration. Even though this is 2015, they are one place that is NOT tolerant of anyone that doesn't "fit their mold". Academically the honors program and AP classes are top notch.

Posted October 19, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about Calvert Hall College HS. My son is a Sophomore this year, and I wanted to write this review because I don't think we are what most people consider a "typical" Calvert Hall family. We are not Catholic, and my son is not athletic. I'll admit I had reservations when we first applied, but they were quickly put aside when I saw what a great school this is. The boys are required to take religion courses and attend Mass occasionally, but he never feels marginalized or like anyone is proselytizing. There is an ever-present culture of kindness at this school. Obviously, sports are a huge part of Calvert Hall, but there are so many other activities available that my son's lack of interest in sports is no big deal. I've seen so much growth on his part since he started attending this school. He is learning to advocate for himself; a direct result of the staff being dedicated and responsive to the students. He is being challenged academically, enjoys all of his classes, and likes his teachers. He talks with me about what he's learning all the time, definitely a good sign! Opting to send my son to CHC was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Posted June 13, 2011
Calvert Hall is a fantastic school. I graduated from CHC in 2006, and found myself more than adequately prepared for the academic, athletic, and social rigors of college. If I have sons, I will strongly encourage them to consider becoming Cardinals as well.

Posted June 07, 2011
My son just finished his freshman year at Calvert Hall and I cannot say enough positive things about this great school and the excellent teachers who love teaching there! He has always been a very good student but he is really being challenged. More importantly, he is maturing into a fine young man! The sports program is extremely competitive but he enjoys the challenge. As a parent, I would strongly recommend Calvert Hall. I know that my son will be well prepared for college and college life... and my son has never been happier.

Posted April 25, 2010
Calvert Hall is an incredible school. I'm currently a senior in the class of 2010, and I can't say enough how truly glad I am that I've attended this school for the past four years. I've been diagnosed with various conditions, including Aspergers Syndrome, ADD, depression, anxiety disorders, and a few others, and Calvert Hall's faculty has worked with me every step of the way, making sure I get what I need to get an education, whether that be allowing me to take my tests in a separate room or talking to other students who may not understand my situation as well as they should. Because of the help Calvert Hall has given me, I've decided to become a teacher myself. To anyone with special needs like mine, I recommend this school highly.

8102 Lasalle Road, Baltimore, MD  21286
Last modified Calvert Hall College High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Calvert Hall College High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top