PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I was a student there in 2002-2006, the children were cruel and actually made a teacher quit from the harrassment. The students make cliques and picked on the outcasts. I only experienced two teachers in which we're truely inspiring, Ms. Jackson, grade 4, and Ms. Pelosack, grade 8. The librarians were also very informative, but overall the staff sucked. They were very rude and looked down on parents who were not to their "qualifications"

As a non-catholic, I hated going to this school. The kids were mean spirited and the faculty didn't care. It was a horrible experience and I'm glad it closed.

I have been a Shrine parent for 6 years now, and am extremely pleased with my children's education. I have 3 enrolled at the Shrine and all have been there since PreK. The school is small, with one class per grade and 12-18 students per class. All of the teachers get to know the students very well, and make the extra effort to provide individual support for each child. There is a wonderful Spanish education program beginning in PreK, and my children have shown solid academic progress every year. The school is very culturally diverse, and celebrates that every year with Diversity Day highlighting all of the families' heritages and traditions. They participate in social justice projects and receive a wonderful moral/ethical/religious education as well. All in all, I feel it has been the perfect choice for my children.

Its a good school, but i feel that im not challenged very well in our classes

Mediocre at best. The teachers complain about kids more than they teach them. Parents aren't welcome. I guess only certain parents receive decent treatment.

I am very pleased with the pre-k program.Academics are pesented but in a fun way. The teacher is nurturing to the children and supportive to the parents. This was a good choice for us this year.

The Shrine of the Sacred Heart School is excellent. The principal and the teachers provide an atmosphere of learning, caring and respect. The tuition and fees are as reasonable as one can expect from a small private school these days. At the Shrine of the Sacred Heart you will get real value for your dollars spent. You will get even more value if you take an active roll in the school and your childs education, both of which are encouraged and supported by the great staff we enjoy here.

I've been a 'Shrine Parent' for six years and I love this school. It has provided a wonderful learning environment for my children. Class sizes are small, the teachers truly care about the students. The School also offers soccer and basketball teams as well as many other important and fun programs and activities. If you are looking for a great school for your child please visit The Shrine of the Sacred Heart in Mt. Washington. We would love to have you join our family.

This is my child's second year at the Shrine of the Sacred Heart and we all love it! She loves going to school and is learning so much! It is a nurturing environment with plenty of specials, art, Spanish, Music, etc. The only drawback is the lack of playing fields but there are many opportunities to play team sports on nearby fields. I highly recommend the school!

This is my childs second year and I must say that it has been quite nice.I do participate in school activities and I feel that does play a major role in your childs education no matter what school they attend you must find the time. Its like saying my child plays soccer but I never attended a game. Parents you must understand where ever you send your child there will be fundraisers that make up the offset its neccessary. I feel overwhelmed as a single parent but its needed. I feel the teachers are great especially Ms. Duncan and the principal is pleasant and very approachable and if I had any of the problems discussed my child would be pulled. Don't talk about the school move on and I mean this in the most sincere way.

Last modified Shrine of the Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8