Posted November 13, 2011
I was a student there in 2002-2006, the children were cruel and actually made a teacher quit from the harrassment. The students make cliques and picked on the outcasts. I only experienced two teachers in which we're truely inspiring, Ms. Jackson, grade 4, and Ms. Pelosack, grade 8. The librarians were also very informative, but overall the staff sucked. They were very rude and looked down on parents who were not to their "qualifications"

Posted August 25, 2011
As a non-catholic, I hated going to this school. The kids were mean spirited and the faculty didn't care. It was a horrible experience and I'm glad it closed.

Shrine of the Sacred Heart School 5

Posted November 05, 2009
I have been a Shrine parent for 6 years now, and am extremely pleased with my children's education. I have 3 enrolled at the Shrine and all have been there since PreK. The school is small, with one class per grade and 12-18 students per class. All of the teachers get to know the students very well, and make the extra effort to provide individual support for each child. There is a wonderful Spanish education program beginning in PreK, and my children have shown solid academic progress every year. The school is very culturally diverse, and celebrates that every year with Diversity Day highlighting all of the families' heritages and traditions. They participate in social justice projects and receive a wonderful moral/ethical/religious education as well. All in all, I feel it has been the perfect choice for my children.

Posted August 31, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009
Its a good school, but i feel that im not challenged very well in our classes

Posted June 07, 2009

Posted June 07, 2009
Mediocre at best. The teachers complain about kids more than they teach them. Parents aren't welcome. I guess only certain parents receive decent treatment.

Posted February 01, 2009
I am very pleased with the pre-k program.Academics are pesented but in a fun way. The teacher is nurturing to the children and supportive to the parents. This was a good choice for us this year.

Posted November 16, 2008

Shrine of the Sacred Heart School 2

Posted March 12, 2008

Shrine of the Sacred Heart School
5800 Smith Ave, Baltimore, MD  21209
Last modified Shrine of the Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Shrine of the Sacred Heart School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.