Archbishop Curley High School

Private | 9-12 | 560 students

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $50,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Sweep tile

Posted May 30, 2012

I wouldn't send my child to this school unless you don't mind your son being bullied. The athletes (not all of them mind you), target "different" boys and harrass them. My son was expelled for fighting back after 3 years of bullying and nothing was done to the boys doing the bullying. I also had teachers make me aware of the problem but nothing was done. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 26, 2010

Archbishop Curley High School is fantastic. My son became a whole different person after starting his freshmman year. He gained knowledge, friendships, and self esteem. The students at ABC are young men of intelligence, excellence and honor.

Posted July 27, 2006

ABC is an amazing school. Boys are taught to respect and value themselves and others as they grow into men. There is a strong academic program offering opportunities for all levels of achievement. Discipline is very important and boys are held accountable for ALL of their actions. Most importantly is the support of the faculty and staff to the families. You are not just a student when you attend Curley, you and your family become a member of a large community.

Posted March 2, 2006

My oldest son is in his second year at Archbishop Curley and he just loves it. He is doing well in school and is excelling in the music program. Every young man is encouraged to find the academic program and extra curricular activities that suits him. The teachers and school leaders are always available for the boys and for a parent conference if needed outside the regular quarterly meeting. The administrative staff is excellent as well. Anytime I have contacted the school I have been impressed with the responsiveness of the faculty and staff. The Curley men are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times. Discipline problems are dealt with fairly and swiftly but the atmosphere is not stifling for these young active males. It is also impressive how much alumni and parents involvement there is at the school. The school continues to strive and maintain excellence.

Posted February 19, 2005

My oldest son is a sophmore at Archbishop Curley. Both my husband and I are very pleased with the academics as well as the athletics and various clubs. From the first time we walked through the doors for open house we knew curley was the perfect choice. The teachers are very accommodating to the students and parents, and the administration is unequaled to any I have encountered. Curley staff is inundated with alumni who have returned to Curley to help pass on Curley pride. I feel one of the most beneficial aspects are the parent/teacher conferences held each quarter. It gives the parents time to discuss their son's classwork and attitude and also helps to form a bond between teacher/parent. My younger son will be starting Curley in the fall. He's looking forward to the new experience of High School while already being fortunate enough to be fimiliar with the school

Posted December 16, 2004

My son currently is a Junior at Curley. I am very pleased with his academics as well as the impact the school has had on him. The way the teachers and staff mold the students in to becoming gentlemen is very rewarding to the parents as well as the students. Curley implements the students to behave and act in such a manner that they are both respected by others as well as repectful. It is very hard now days to raise children to become the person we would like them to be. By sending my child to Curley, we feel as though we have an extra hand in helping us to quide him down the right path. I know that he will look back on his time at Curley, and say 'Thanks Mom & Dad' for giving me the opportunity to attend Curley. We say thank you to Curley for their efforts.

Posted October 20, 2004

My husband and I are very happy that our son wanted to attend Curley.My son also loves it.From the classroom to the football field our son is getting a great education.He has also made a lot of new friends I'm sure he will have for along time.Anyone looking for an all round perfect school this is the one!

Posted June 23, 2004

curley is a wonderful school in every way. my son transfered from another private school at the end of is sophmore year. my only regret is that he was not there for all 4 years. my son and our family plan on supporting curley every way we can in the future.

Posted February 23, 2004

Archbishop Curley is a great school with a strong family environment. The teachers really care about the boys and are part of the family. Among other things the boys are taught discipline and respect. The boys graduate well rounded and are better prepared to take on their next challenge in life. It was a great four years for my son. I only wish I would have known about them sooner as I would have sent my older son there

Posted February 23, 2004

My son went to Curley all 4 years there, and graduated in 2001. The school does not put up with non-discipline and expects parents to follow through at home as well. They teach these boys how to become morally accountable, how treat and be treated with respect. The education is excellent and the teachers there more than willing to help the young men anytime they find a need for extra help other then class, not once had my son been turned away from after school tutoring when needed if he had trouble in a subject. The music and sports programs are wonderful too, and school schedules balance out well too for the young men involved in these activities. I highly recommend Curley for any parent who is serious about their son's education and doesn't want to get lost a large unpersonalized school. This school excels in every way if your son wants to be a morally well educated young adult and well prepared for college.

Posted September 9, 2003

Curley is a great school and very family oriented. My son has never been as happy with school until he arrived at Curley. He is now a junior. Most of the teachers and administrators are really involved with the students and more than happy to work with them to help them succeed. The discipline they teach and practice is evident in the way the 'Curley men' conduct themselves at school and off campus. I have been very impressed and very happy with this school!

Posted August 26, 2003

My son graduated in 1997, his father graduated in 1972. This is by far the best High School in the state. The students come in as boys and leave as fine young men. The quality of the education is exceptional. Not only do the young men receive an excellent education, but the morals that are instilled at home are enforced by the entire staff. The best investment you can make in your child is their education. When your son graduates from Archbishop Curley, your investment was the best investment you could ever have made

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3701 Sinclair Ln