Baltimore, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted March 03, 2014
St. Casimir is a warm and welcoming environment for students and parents. A great blend of academics and social engagement. It's a great option for private school in the city.

Posted March 03, 2014
Great school that's actually *in* the city. My child has loved her time there so far and we intend to enroll her again next year. It's clear that she is learning a good deal but, perhaps as importantly, and enjoying learning. My only complaint (and it's minor) is that they follow the county for weather-related delays/closures even though the school is, as I said, decidedly in the city and most students either live in the area or have parents who work in the area).

Posted December 12, 2013
The school helps kids become kind and bright young adults.The teachers are Respectful and go out of their way to help the students. This school is a top choice with small classes and plenty of extra activities for students.

Posted October 16, 2013
My children have been going to St. Casimir school since they were in pre-k. I am amazed at all the things they are doing in the school. Most private schools in Baltimore have testing for enrollment. St. Casimir does not have a test to enroll students. The school is very diverse! Students are in this school because the want to be in the school. It is unfair to compare St Casimir with other schools in the area, just because we don't turn children away. Anyone can come to the school regardless of an admissions test. I do have to say every year, I see the school improving. My first grader is reading more and more every day. She is a confident student who comes to school ready to learn. The teachers have many roles in the school. Well. Due to funding, teachers take on different extra jobs, aside from their contracted job. Teachers do not have a whole lot of extra resources, the must make due with what they have. They make due. Exceedingly! The teachers continue to find ways to give the students the best education possible. Teachers are always looking for grants and other ways to enhance learning. There is so much more that this school has to offer!

Posted August 17, 2013
I have two sons enrolled at St. Casimirs. My oldest is in 5th grade and has been there since PK-4 and my youngest is in first grade and also started in PK4. I cannot say enough about this school. The teachers are amazing and really care. The children are thoughtful, well-behaved, great kids. The principal is always looking to improve the curriculum, extracurricular activities and the school facilities. Please do yourself a favor and schedule an open house. You will not be disappointed.

St Casimir Catholic School 4

Posted February 28, 2013
My son has attended St. Casimir School for two year and we are pleased with the school. The teachers and staff are knowledgeable, caring and willing to work with the children/parents when needed. Overall, the kids are challenged academically and the environment is warm and friendly. Whenever I pick-up my son, I see lots of smiles and hugs and that means a lot to us. For clarification purposes, it is a community based school, but we don't live in the community (in fact, we are not even Catholic) and we have been welcomed with open arms. I definitely recommend that parents give this school a look before taking a pass based on old reviews.

Posted August 02, 2010
There's a high drop out rate for kids that attended St. Casmir formerly Father Kolbe!

Posted August 10, 2009
I have 3 kids in St. Casimir (formerly Father Kolbe) going from preschool through middle school, and I cannot be happier. It's such a close environment. The teachers are very willing to work with parents and kids when a child has a need. The teachers are so dedicated, putting in way more time than they are compensated for. The school takes a whole-person learning approach, so that includes community service, environmental issues, music, art, etc. Not teaching to the standardized test, which is so common these days. Incidentally, I am not a parishioner and not from Baltimore, and have never felt that had any bearing on anything regarding the school.

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted April 22, 2009

St Casimir Catholic School
1035 South Kenwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified St Casimir Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Casimir Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top