No rating

Institute Of Notre Dame

Private | 9-12 | 346 students

We are best known for development of women leaders.

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $180,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted September 16, 2009

I love that everyone is loves the school. The school has the best teachers and classes to help my daughters succed and prepare for college. The girls that come out of IND are prepared for success. They are mature young ladies that have learned a that helping the communinty is important as well.I am proud to have my daughters go to IND. They arew getting the best education and making great friends.

Posted July 29, 2009

I graduated from IND in 2006 and now I am going into my 4th year at a private university. IND definitely fulfilled my expectations for a high school education. I participated in athletics year-round, as well as clubs and service activities. IND really has a family environment, and I now see that as I finish my undergraduate career at a large university. The teachers there truly care and the girls become your sisters. I would recommend IND to anyone who wants a unique education in a comfortable environment. The only thing I would change would be to add more AP classes so students have more opportunities to earn college credit.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 24, 2009

I only have positive things to say about IND. My four year experience there is truly indescribable. The teachers and faculty made such an impact on me and prepared to take on any challenge. I learned so much more than just academics, I learned how to work together with other people to make great things happen. IND is always going to be a huge part of my life.

Posted August 1, 2008

I have been a Math and Science teacher for about 15 years before joining IND and found that here as the best high school for girls. As a foreigner, I am well respected by parents, colleagues and all students, even those I did not teach. Students are well prepared for College, both academically and in extra curicular activities. At present, nearly every course is taught with the use of technology. If anyone is looking for a great high school, this is the one.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 8, 2006

I am currently a senior at IND, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school. The one thing that made me want to come to the school was the amount of history and tradition that could be found there. The academics are challenging and are a good preparation for college. Athletics have always been top ranked. The school community itself is so welcoming, that you feel right at home; just like a family. When I will graduate, I know that I will be leaving behind a very important chapter in my life. I will always hold IND close to my heart. I completely recommend this school to anyone interested in it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 11, 2006

Institute Of Notre Dame is an awful experience for any child. My child attended the school and it was almost as if she was in a caged cell. The technology department is lacking, as well as an enriched learning experience. The school does not offer a well-rounded learning atmosphere, not allowing students to go on feild trips, better yet having a campus. I would never recommend a school such as IND to any parent.

Posted November 5, 2005

IND is a great school for young ladies. The girls there are so close. They remind me of sisters!

Posted February 19, 2005

My daughter is a Senior at IND. The years have certainly flown by. My daughter has been very well prepared to enter the college world thanks to IND. The teachers are stellar and the administration in unequaled. There is a strong balance between academics and athletics and extracurricular activities. My daughters passion about the school is monstrous. She absolutely loves every aspect about the school. As she prepares to move on, part of her focus will remain on the institute that has instilled camaraderie and academic acheivement in her. She plans to become a teacher and possibly return to IND to help guide other young women through thier high school years.

Posted September 9, 2003

As a former alumni and parent of a '98 graduate I have nothing but the highest regards for their efforts to prepare students to meet challenges. For always trying to have a diverse enrollment they keep trying to be innovative in meeting the student needs.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

• Dr. Mary Funke/Ann Seeley
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • All girls
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes