No rating

Institute Of Notre Dame

Private | 9-12 | 346 students

We are best known for development of women leaders.

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $180,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted yesterday

I am a graduate of IND and my daughter is attending IND now. My daughter has loved IND since the first time she stepped into the school, just as I did. The teachers are great and always willing to help students when needed. The diverse curriculum has allowed my daughter to choose classes she is interested in and she has begun to flourish. The building is amazing - old and beautiful, but inviting and tech savvy for high school girls. The staff and faculty are friendly, smart and they always seem to be there for students and their families. IND is a wonderful school, I would recommend it to any young lady looking to get a quality education in a warm and friendly environment.

Posted Sunday, September 28, 2014

I attended IND and the years I spent there were some of the best years of my life. Not only did I meet other wonderful women who became great friends, but I was more than prepared for college and graduate school. The close-knit, family feel of IND makes for a welcoming learning atmosphere and fosters a fierce pride in the school. Anytime someone asks me where I attended high school, I proudly say IND! That will never change.

Posted Friday, September 26, 2014

From the first time my daughter set foot inside IND, she felt at home. There is such a strong, welcoming sense of community here. A perfect combination of diverse backgrounds, challenging academics, focus on faith and service, and REAL LIFE experiences. This is a school that is truly committed to preparing these ladies to be tomorrow's capable, competent, and fearless leaders. No better place for my daughter or yours.

Posted Friday, September 26, 2014

I attended the Institute of Notre Dame and it was the best experience one could ever want. The guiding principles that are set out for the school, the high expectations for the students and the small class sizes were key to getting a great education. To this day, I still call on things that I learned as a teen while at IND. The close knit friendships, the guidance from great teachers and the overall experience was wonderful. If I had a daughter, I would send her to IND.

Posted Friday, September 26, 2014

IND has absolutely every quality that you are looking for in a private school except the haughty atmosphere. Best kept secret in Baltimore!

Posted October 27, 2013

My school is a place where my child has flourished. She has found her gifts and has had the opportunity to expand those gifts. She has made life long friends from all over the counties and Baltimore City. She has tried new experiences and learned to be a wonderful advocate for herself and others. She has become independent and a well rounded student.

Posted August 14, 2013

Institute of Notre Dame is a wonderful school. It provides young girls the space to grow personally and academically as a result of it's supportive environment and rigorous courses. The school's commitment to service, character and academics as evident as you walk throughout the halls of the school. The staff are friendly and are invested in the development of each of their students. Students are offered a variety of courses and are engaged in the classroom with the latest technology (i.e. tablets) and with stellar teachers. As a relative of a student athlete, I have witnessed the practice of sportsmanship on and off of the court and am impressed with the overall atmosphere of the school. If you are looking for a place for your child to grow, be challenged in a safe way and to learn how to interact with and support others, Institute of Notre Dame is the place for your child and your family.

Posted August 13, 2013

I transferred to IND my Junior yr. Administration,teachers and students are phenomenal. I feel as tho I have attended IND since Freshman yr. Everyone has made me feel welcome.I have joined clubs,participated in athletics and the academics are top notch. I absolutely love this school.

Posted August 12, 2013

Best Experience of my life! It built the foundation for a successful college career! I LOVE IND!

Posted August 12, 2013

The Institute of Notre Dame is one of Baltimore's little gems. This all girl school in the heart of the city teaches the girls the meaning of service each and every day through peer mentoring, Hilde's Helpers, K.I.N.D. and many other opportunities. Each girl has the potential to shine in the areas of math, science, technology, engineering, history, literature, writing, foreign languages, art, music, theater, sports and leadership. The friendships that form at this school last a lifetime. You can feel the warmth when you walk through the doors each and every day. As the girls walk through this historic building they are surrounded with the latest in technology and education teaching techniques. The faculty ranges from the new to seasoned educators each offering a wide variety of experiences and points of view. There is room for every kind of girl at this school from the Theresian scholar to students with different needs but each looking forward to their next step of college and beyond.

Posted June 6, 2013

Words cannot describe my love for IND!! This school hands-down made me the woman I am today. Your class truly becomes your family, and there is no place in the world I feel more at home! The history and traditions are beautiful and inspiring. And, as far as Catholic schools go, the diversity is great, and there really are few boundaries between groups. I ended my four years by getting into my dream college, and have since graduated at the top of my college class (and for the record, I wasn't even close to the top while I was at IND--a true credit to their level of rigor). I always say that if I strike it rich, I'll give half the money to my alma mater! Sounds cheesy---but it is a magical place! ---An '07 Alumna

Posted June 15, 2012

I'm an incoming sophomore at IND, and my freshman year was AMAZING!! You would think it would be hard making friends at a new school, but it wasn't!! I love how the teachers interact with us in class and make all of us participate. The tablet pcs are a good idea too because it can help with the learning experience. Their are also many activities at the school and we have weekly assemblies. Their is always something going on!! I used to dread coming to school, but now I'm excited to wake up in the morning and attend!

Posted May 19, 2012

A very proud IND Alumna, I recommend this school to every young women aspiring to be the best woman she can be. Even though I didnt realize the legacy that an IND graduate holds when I was a student I am ever so proud of it now. I love the comrarderie of INDians near and far. Thank You IND for teaching me how to be a woman and preparing me for my future. Loving submitted, Alumna from the 90's!!

Posted January 26, 2012

My daughter graduated from IND in 2011. WE both loved it!. IND encourages self awareness and self confidence and prepares the young ladies to become successful adults. My daughter thrived in the small, family like environment. Although she now attends a university where one of her classes was larger then her graduating class,the life lessons she learned has enabled her to make that large enviorment into a smaller one. I will be forever grateful to the teachers and administrators. Her guidance counselor was especially helpful her senior year with applications and recommendations. I am always compleneted on how lovely my daughter is and I know that a lot of that comes from her years at IND.

Posted December 29, 2011

I graduated from IND many years ago and it was a great experience and has served me well in my professional and personal life. It prepared me well for college at Georgetown and I'm most grateful for the self confidence it engendered for me to become a nurse practitioner and then a national consultant to medical groups and hospitals in transforming healthcare as well as authoring articles and a book that's used nationally. LOVE and still support IND to this day and would highly recommend.

Posted September 16, 2011

Fantastic school! We spent a long time deciding which school would be best to send our girls. There are many excellent schools in the Baltimore area, however IND stood out amongst their peers in a number of different areas (Mangeable fee schedules/Payment options/Scholarship opportunities/Teachers/Hours/Technology/Leadership development/Affiliations with CND & SU/Transport/Lunch provisions/Hard working Mother & Father groups). It has so far provided a welcoming, positive, no nonsense, and supportive environment for our girls and it is heartening to see our girls so genuinely happy!!

Posted March 4, 2011

We have been really pleased with this school. It's a great value for the money, too. Teachers are very involved and caring. Also, the technology program prepares students for the world today.

Posted May 8, 2010

I absolutely hated this school. This was the worst experience of my life. The guidance department was awful, my applications and transcripts were sent to the wrong schools causing me to miss going to college. So I have no college degree and no idea of what to do. The students are stuck up and and in their own cliques. I wish I could go back in time and go somewhere else. I can only hope that this school gets shut down.

Posted September 19, 2009

I think that IND is the best school because of it's diverse population. Everyone has a lot of different and unique interests so everything is really fun and interesting.

Posted September 17, 2009

The Institute of Notre Dame is a diverse school who embraces the young ladies individuality as well as their ethniticity. They celebrate their differences and learn how to get along as sisters. They also have wonderful traditions that they have been celebrating for over 150 years.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

• Dr. Mary Funke/Ann Seeley
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • All girls
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes