Baltimore, MD

Posted April 23, 2015
At ArchBishop Borders, during the initial parent teacher visits prior to the beginning of the first semester, the parents had an opportunity to review the curriculum with the teachers. I was pleased with the ample opportunities to gain insight from the teachers and how approachable they were from the onset. I did however have concerns about the curriculum not being challenging enough for Pre K-4 as my daughter had already, at that point been reading more complex material then they would experience during the school year. However, the added challenge of another language curbed my initial concerns. The teachers throughout the year have remained the most important part of the equation for me. They assisted me through understanding the schedule, homework assignments, identifying behavioral concerns and much more. Some of the teachers also utilize class dojo to provide the parents with additional information and insight to their children's behavior while at school a welcome addition. The teachers are usually available for a 15 minutes after dismissal to answer quick questions and scheduling a conference or visit isn't difficult.

Posted April 23, 2015
Archbishop Borders is an excellent choice for parents interested in a co-ed, dual-language, Catholic, community school. My son is in his second year of the five-day, full-day preschool. Three logistical advantages are that we could start him at three years of age, there is an aftercare program available, and this is one of the most affordable private schools in Baltimore City. From an academic standpoint, the curriculum is well-balanced, spiritual, active, and culturally inspiring. His teachers are nurturing, patient, involved, and structured. In addition, the school facilities are an ideal scale and setting for religious, academic, and multicultural growth. Most importantly, my wife and I could not be more pleased with our son's development in both the English and Spanish language. Lastly, the school's community is diverse, respectful, and engaged. Overall, my wife and I have are extremely satisfied with our son's growth at Borders and confident this is the right school for our family.

Posted March 24, 2015
Our daughter is currently in the Pre-K 4 (4 years old) program and we could not be happier. With the help of my wife at home our daughter has become an avid speaker of Spanish in only one school year, so much so that our in-laws visiting from South America were able to communicate with her without translation. We will be back next year for sure.

Posted March 17, 2015
This is a fantastic school option for anyone seeking a multicultural, multilingual learning environment for their children! This is Baltimore City's first and only dual-immersion, Spanish-English language school. My daughter is in the pre-K class, a full-day program where Spanish is the instructional language full-day in all subjects at least 10 days per month. I am very pleased with the curriculum, teachers and Principal. Another great feature of the school is the pre-K 3 program for parents with children that are 3 years old. The Parent Teacher committee is evolving into a solid organization with committed fundraisers, idea generators, strategic planning expertise, special event planners, and parents experienced with logistics as well. We highly recommend Archbishop Borders for any family living in Harford County, Anne Arundel or Baltimore County, as well as the City.

Posted February 27, 2015
Great imersion school, bilingual Englis, Spanish! Great teachers, very diverse population, wonderful parents! Love the school!

Posted January 30, 2015
This is a incredible private school. I graduated from here and I had the best elementary and middle school years. I am so happy that I attended this school. The faculty staff members care about nurturing the students with care and helping them to strive for excellence. -Paul Zheng, graduate and class of 2014

Archbishop Borders School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
Our oldest daughter started pre-k 4 there in 2012-2013 with zero spanish experience and now as she finishes kindergarten she is speaking exclusively in Spanish on Spanish days. The unique mix of students (some are English-primary speakers while others are spanish-primary) has really accelerated her learning. Plus, having the challenge of learning a second language has helped her remain focused and engaged at school as she does not get bored. The principal is very accessible and open to feedback from parents and the staff is very caring and dedicated. We get along great with the other parents and there really is a sense of community. Our other daughter will be starting pre-k 3 in the fall for 2014-2015. While the school is currently without some important components, such as a playground, modern cafeteria, and sports teams they are in the middle of a massive renovation and are expected to have those things by 2015. Lastly although it is a private school it is very diverse, both ethnically and socioeconomically and the tuition for those of us who pay it is less than half what you would expect to pay at a typical private school.

Archbishop Borders School 0

Posted March 23, 2010
This is a terrific diversified school. Academics keep student intrigued.

Posted February 21, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010

Archbishop Borders School
201 South Conkling Street, Baltimore, MD  21224
Last modified Archbishop Borders School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Archbishop Borders School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top