9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school prides itself in developing young males and turning them into Men who serve the community and respect everyone

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most teachers teach beyond the curriculum. By that, I mean most teach life skills and talk about what's happening out there. They form us into the men that God intends us to be. They're very effective at both teaching and guiding us.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some days there's a lot, almost overbearing. Other days, there's very little if anything. Luckily, it fluctuates frequently either direction.

In my 3 years, this school has been wonderful. It does form the person spiritually, intellectually, and physically. Like any other school, its up to the student to decide whether or not he takes heed of anything and does something with what he's been given. For the most part, of all the recent grads I've talked to who have utilized what they've learned, great things have come to them. I love this school.

Develops character: Agree

All these people who are disagreeing with this statement are obviously at a a different school than what I see. Sure, athletics are huge, but the school does focus on forming the whole person through theology class, clubs such as XBSS and NHS, and just by how tough the classes are, among others. I am truly saddened to see such negative reviews. My time at MSJ over the last 3 years has been wonderful, and I hope my last year won't dissappoint.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

All they care about is looking good in athletics, and not about educating and forming the whole person.

As a student, I am disappointed in Mount Saint Joseph. They focus entirely on athletics and not the academics that really matter. The school administration uses all of their funding for things like building new athletic facilities and scholarships for students who are good on the court, and terrible in the classroom. The school should use their money for the technology we so desperately need in this day and age, and for renovating our aging classrooms and labs. I will not be "continuing the legacy" because I will not send my future son here, that is for sure.

Mount Saint Joseph is an excellent High School for any young man. The Principle is outstanding. He is very involved in all aspects of the school. He sets a high standard for learning and discipline. Our son has thrived at MSJ. As parents we highly recommend this school.

Terrible experience with Brian Murphy, Dean of Student affairs. Bullies students, ask inappropriate questions of students. It's a matter of time before parents figure him out. Glad my son graduated. Thank God but no thanks to him. Once he targets your son, Murphy uses other students to bully the kid. The principle a nice guy but apparently helpless to interceed. You get the feeling this guy want to hurry and retire leaving the hanging job to Murphy.

It is a school that educates the whole person intellectually, morally, physically and has been a model for educating students of all level of learning ability

Last modified Mount Saint Joseph High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12