St. Michael the Archangel School

Private | PK-8 | 302 students

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $89,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Sweep tile

Posted March 27, 2014

My daughter is in kindergarten after going through 2 years of GLP at St. Michael's. She is flourishing and has really come out of her shell. I like the small class size and attention the teacher gives to each student. She is learning so much all around in this school. Evveryone is very friendly and it is a fun atmosphere to learn. People really do care about their school. All of the kids interact with each other through church and all activities.

Posted June 5, 2011

My grandson graduated from St'Michael's, was accepted into high school in all honors classses, finished this year with high honors and is taking available AP classes next year. No one could ask for a better educational background. The teachers are warm souls who give the children much confidence. St' Michael's exceeded all expectations for us.

Posted May 11, 2011

My son is in the God's Little People Pre K program at St. Michael's. I couldn't be happier with his experience here. He has matured and learned so much over the school year. The teachers are nurturing and patient and very helpful. I am pleased to see the religious values instilled in him already.

Posted January 18, 2011

My child has been at SMS for 5 years now and is doing great. The teachers not only are patient with the students, but also with the parents. They will answer any questions you have especially when you can not remember 1st grade English or 3 grade Math. This school also provides a very safe environment and great values that my child learns in school and at home.

Posted March 19, 2010

The school has the best of intentions, but as with many catholic schools in Baltimore it is simply not cutting it. When you attempt to express conerns...they are ignored and when you chose to pull your child for a different educational opportunity, the staff informs other families that you have left due to financial reasons, when you are actually sending your child to a school that is more expensive. Regardless...this is unacceptable for an administrator to share with other families your personal reasons for leaving when you have not shared them yourself.

Posted November 14, 2008

As a parent who's children are attending St. michael's I'm very unhappy with this school. I live in baltimore city so this is a better school then the city has to offer, but the teacher's are rude and the students have a very i'm better then anyone attude. I wish that the school would be more open to change and growth.

Posted November 6, 2008

I am a parent of a graduate and of a middle schooler and I am extremely proud and grateful that I was and am still able to send my children to St. Michaels. I believe that because of the experienced teachers and staff that my son is thriving at his current high school and I have no doubt that my other son with do just as well. I highly recommend St. Michaels.

Posted October 15, 2008

My daughter has been attending St. Michaels for two years now and I could not be more satisfied with the quality education she is receiving. The staff is wonderful and I am very pleased with the fact that this school focuses so much on values.

Posted April 27, 2007

Two of my 5 children attend this school. St. Michael`s is just incredible all across the board. My children have growen so much in many areas. The eduacation they receive here is comparable to none. I am so happy that my children are continuing on there faith journey here at St. Michaels. The teachers and staff are the top. I only wish SMS went all the way to the 12th grade. Choose SMS for your children, and be as blessed as we have. Blessings Denise Rosario

Posted May 3, 2006

My oldest child attends this school and has done very well. I also plan to send my youngest. We have been through two other catholic schools in the Baltimore area and find this school to be the best so far. All schools have issues, but I think SMS does a pretty good job all around.

Posted February 3, 2006

My grandson has attended this school the past two years and will be moving out of Balto County. Our family has been extremely pleased with the education he has received while here. While growing tremendously academically, he has also been taught the values of compassion, kindness, respect, love and discipline which have given him the cornerstones he will carry with him throughout his life. He will leave this school with added confidence and faith in himself. He will miss St. Michael and will always have fond memories of his time there. The faculty and teachers are the best.

Posted January 1, 2006

We had choices of other private schools (some more exclusive) closer to our home that our children had been accepted into. We continue with St. Michael's as the quality of education and extra curricular activities available can't compare with the schools near us. St. Michael's is an excellent choice for our children!

Posted July 15, 2005

When we first looked at schools for our children, we visited and interviewed 10 of the neighboring schools in our area. After that process we felt that St. Michael's was clearly our choice. We have been very pleased with the quality of the education that our children have received from this school. My son entered this year with doubts about how he learns, and know he is a confindent reader ready to try new skills. Both children were taught with excellent role models about how to behave with kindness and compassion.

Posted December 18, 2004

I know I am not supposed to make defamatory remarks here, but as a former student, I strongly advise parents to not send their child to this school. If you want your children to grow up with self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth, avoid this school at all cost. You children would be much better off being home schooled. The school also has rules that simply make no sense. The Children are also not given adequate time for lunch. Please do better for your children.
—Submitted by a student

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10 Willow Ave