Baltimore, MD

Posted January 05, 2015
This school is fantastic. I have watched my little girl turn into a confident and competent young woman with a life mission.

Posted September 19, 2013
this school was amazing. It teaches you to be a leader and a stronger more independent woman. Was it diverse? LOL no there where only 10 black girls when I went. However, it showed me how to deal with all types of women and people for that matter. This schol is hard but it gets you ready for college. If you honestly find something wrong with that then high school might not be for you. Good luck to you future sailors. " Do you know why we are sailors? Just because we sail off to different places and far away lands, you always come home! "

Posted July 28, 2013
I WOULD recommend Mount de Sales. Mount de Sales is a college preparatory school so of course classes are going to be harder but it's truly worth it. I've learned more at Mount de Sales than at my former public school. At the school I used to attend classes were easy and it wasn't difficult to achieve an A on any test or quiz. Mount de Sales pushes you further in your studies and challenges you along the way. Yes, we might get a lot of homework, but we have extended homerooms and study halls that allow us to do homework in. Usually, I come home with thirty minutes to one hour of written homework which isn't bad at all. We do have groups but everyone gets along and you can talk to anyone without them ignoring you. In religion class, the teachers aren't sexist about girls. The class is bringing us closer to God and teaches us about the role of a woman. The role is to be a mother through parenthood, sisterhood, etc. Not to "be a servant to men" Men and woman are equal in God's eyes. The school does take sports team seriously. A new turf field was put in for the athletes, and many sports banquets are put together to "honor" (Im not sure if that's the right word) all athletes.

Posted July 25, 2013
I would not recommend Mount de Sales to anyone who wants a true high school experience. After my freshmen year, I had two good teachers. Classes are extremely hard, over the top, and I spend 4-5 hours a day and even more on weekends doing homework, on top of sports. I am a big athlete, but the sports here are uncompetitive and the school does not take them seriously. The school itself is falling down, and it is not big enough for the number of students it holds. Unlike others claim, the girls do form clique-like groups, and they do not have a sisterly environment. Unless you have a brother or a close friend who is a boy, there is no way to meet anyone new. In religion class, we learned all about rules of the church, and it drove me away from Catholicism. The teachers are sexist against girls; they only think we are to marry a man, "be their servant" (an actual quote from religion class), and reproduce. If you have a belief that contradicts theirs, you are not allowed to express it. I am definitely planning to transfer out. Not worth the money.

Posted December 21, 2010
It's the perfect school for anyone who wants to feel welcome and feel like they're part of the family. The day I shadowed there, and now as I'm attending, I know this was one of the best decisions I've made.

Posted December 20, 2010
I'm currently a freshman at Mount de Sales, and I really like it. My mom attended the school, and so, it was great when I got accepted. There is a lot of diversity at this school and the girls are friendly overall. I also enjoy MdSA's focus on morality and Catholic values. The teachers are all very kind and caring, which encourages the Catholic faith that is so important to the school. We are constantly participating in pro-life activities like March for Life, and through this pro-life attitude, the teachers help to convey the great value of the human person. The sports teams are phenomenal, as are the academics. Mount de Sales offers a wide range of extra-curriculars and clubs. There is always something fun going on at this school, so we never have a dull day. The environment is very nice, and the people are caring, friendly, and helpful. I thoroughly enjoy attending such a fine school.

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted June 29, 2008

Mount De Sales High School 4

Posted March 13, 2008

Posted December 26, 2007

Mount De Sales High School
700 Academy Road, Baltimore, MD  21228
Last modified Mount De Sales High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mount De Sales High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top