St. Rose of Lima School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $106,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Sweep tile

Posted October 8, 2009

In my opinion, it is an average school. Nothing special about it. It could be better if the principle improved her ability to communicate with the parents. When parents have issues that require addressing, she refuses to meet in a timely matter. Her attitude towards the parents is unacceptable and I see no sign of it improving. I predict that this school will close within 2 years due to lack of enrollment which could be attributed to her lack of interest in the opinions of the parents.

Posted July 30, 2009

My daughter just finished her first year at St. Rose and had a wonderful experience. The small setting worked perfect in providing her with teacher one-on-one time. She received an excellent foundation and I look forward to her future graduation from 8th grade.

Posted February 18, 2009

My grandchildren attend here and are doing well. With smaller class sizes they receive move individualized attention when it is needed to excel.

Posted August 28, 2008

I would not waste my money on this school. Sub standard facility, teachers that are marginally qualified, heavy handed disipline, curriculum that lags behind public schools, inability to handle special needs children, students attending on vouchers get away with murder, whereas full tuition paying students live by a separate, more strick set of rules. You'd be better off stuffing your money in a matress.

Posted May 16, 2008

While the elementary program at St. Rose is wonderful, the middle school program is horrible. Wouldn't recommend the middle school to anyone. Feel that we have wasted alot of money the last couple of years.

Posted July 10, 2007

Teachers and administrators are committed to the well-being, discipline and education of all students, and children need to learn that all actions have consequences, even minor 'offenses?'. Techhnology is always being upgraded through grants and donations.

Posted June 6, 2007

I have a child in St. Rose and I have also had a child in public schools. My daughter is getting the one on one that every child deserves and I love the fact that the teachers care about their students. Everyone should be so lucky to experience a school that is small and gives the children the attention that they all deserve. There is no comparison to a public school. They are horrible and I am glad that I have my daughter in a private school. It is sad that some parents feel differnetly. My child will be very successful and it will be because of St. Rose. Keep up the great work.

Posted May 6, 2007

All of my children attended St. Rose of Lima. The quality of education surpassed anything being offered in the local public schools. If you want a Catholic education, discipline in the classroom and a caring, supportive atmosphere then this is your school. The principal and staff are committed to provide a cirriculum that will prepare your child for high school. Most graduates will attend college. All of my children were accepted into the Catholic High School and College of their choice. They all attribute their success to the quality of education they received which began at St. Rose of Lima.

Posted August 28, 2006

I am a second generation student and graduate of St. Rose, and my 3 children now attend St. Rose. We really like the small classes, and feel the school provides the proper discipline and learning that children need. I have many happy memories as a child at St. Rose, and my children are now making their own memories. We will be staying the full 8 years, and like it! : )

Posted April 26, 2006

I attended St. Rose and I must add that it lacks in the academic and social expansion for their students. Their limited electives (which are not eve electives at all) refuses to allow creativity and expression through the art they choose. Not only is it not chosen but the music program is small and unexceptable. The academic views of the school are ridiculous. They can't even compare with the public school. In my opinion, what is the point of paying for private school if the education is worse. Lastly I would like to say that if you believe your child's education is paramount, do not send them to St. Rose.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 25, 2006

ok i am def not a parent but i am a graduate of SRL from the class of 2005...i really never knew how much i enjoyed St. Rose until after i had graduated...i think the teachers i had really bond with the children and help them with everything they can..they have soo many extra curricular activities that they offer...I made soo many good friends there and my sister still goes there and loves it..i think it was one of the best experiences of my life
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2006

My children have been attending St. Rose of Lima School for 5 years now. I have never felt so safe, and thrilled with how they interact with all of the children. They offer art, music(choir a/instruments), library, Spanish, after school activities, provide daycare. The school and church host a carnival every year. I have never heard any negative feed back from the children pre-k through 8th grade or their parents(which majority families return and graduate thru 8th grade. They offer special help to many of the children after school and Title one services. They teach Christianity, and provide services to the surrounding neighborhood. What a great way to teach your children not only academically but also growing as whole rounded people and helping the community and people in need. Our family loves the school the friends they have made and are very close to the teachers and vice versa.

Posted September 26, 2005

My Son attended St.Rose of Lima, and I was very very displeased with the school and with the learning. The interest in on the problem children, and not on the children who want to learn. they are not working miricales, they are turning a blind eye to the problems in the school. It appears, that if you have money to spend they will take it and keep the child no matter what they do. I found it a very poor experience. (just from the partent point of view)

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious