No rating

St Pius X School

Private | PK-8

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted October 17, 2009

St. Pius is very diverse and my son comes home sharing something new everyday. I love how he's grown and flourished in just a few short weeks!

Posted October 17, 2009

Teachers are spectacular, environment fosters confidence and creativity.

Posted October 17, 2009

St. Pius is a wonderful place. It has an amazing community of students, parents, teachers and administration. Each student is valued at St.Pius X School.

Posted October 17, 2009

it is like a family. I love the staff, location and everything about it

Posted October 17, 2009

The teachers care about the students development in all areas. Even though my son is only three, he has learned things that will last him a lifetime.

Posted October 17, 2009

St Pius X. offers to it's student a love of God and a family togetherness. Students are prepared in all aspects of the learning pie and it is complete

Posted October 16, 2009

St Pius allows students to flourish academically as well as thrive in an environment where the kids feel safe, cared for, and loved.

Posted October 15, 2009

St Pius offers a quality education in an exceptional environment. A catholic parish school, it re-enforces the values that we teach at home and our children learn in church. The community of involved parents is extraordinary.

Posted October 15, 2009

It is genuinely concerned about the success of its students. It fosters an exceptional academic environment surrounded by spiritually filled virtues.

Posted October 15, 2009

In addition to being academically challenging for students, St. Pius X school also teaches community outreach and the importance of volunteerism to the children. Everyone's goal is to educate children to be good people and good citizens of our world.

Posted October 15, 2009

I love St. Pius X School because the administrative team, faculty and staff provide a loving environment for academic excellence. We are a family!

Posted September 16, 2009

St. Pius X School strives to inspire young minds and foster a love for life-long learning. The school community is based in a strong faith community and supportive neighborhood community. Great starts for great minds!

Posted November 16, 2008

My children are alumni of this great school. Academically they were slightly above average students. They learned more about respect and responsibility at St. Pius X School then their peers at other schools in the Baltimore area. They continue to hold the friendships they developed at St. Pius dear to their hearts. I know both could name almost everyone in their classes and have been in countless weddings of their grade school friends. They both attended Catholic High Schools and colleges and have jobs paying significantly more than their parents! Parent involvement in extra curricular activities along with quality teaching made them what they are today.

Posted November 4, 2008

Our daughter has been enrolled at spx since the first grade. We chose the school and then became parishoners because of our school choice. We do not live in that particular parish. The children look happy, and there is a sense of family; a tone we attribute to our principal. She knows every child's name and promotes an open door policy for parents. The school has excelled academicaly in the past 3 years and we decided to keep our child there during the middle school years for this reason. There is also a tremendous parental involvement especially with fathers. We have never had a negative experience with any of our daughter's teachers. These professionals work hard for little pay. Their dedication is truely inspiring. James and deborah o'connor

Posted October 18, 2008

this school is really poor no cafeteria no air conditioning no good cleaning people bad furniture suh as cracked chairs and broken desks i would not recommend this school for yor child

Posted October 18, 2008

My son is currently in the 1st grade, having attended SPX since Pre-K. He truly loves school and looks forward to going every day. I feel that the diversity found at SPX is one of the school's best attributes. It warms my heart to see children of all races playing together and developing life-long friendships. I am also delighted with the number of opportunities the children have to participate in various service projects. The school is dedicated to developing students with strong social consciences. The families that we have met there have been some of the nicest, most down-to-earth, progressive people that we know. SPX has become a second home for our family. Although we are not thrilled with our 25 minute commute to SPX, we wouldn't send our son anywhere else!

Posted October 15, 2008

Both of my children have been students of SPX since their inital school experience in the Pre K level. We have been apart of the SPX Family since 2003. I realize that in hard times that some families may have to withdraw and comit to a public school experience for economical reasons but I must say from my own standpoint every dollar that I put towards my children's education is well spent at SPX. I am a strong believer that your child's environment has as much as an impact as the actual educational portion of 'learning'. I do feel sorry for those people who have posted negative reviews on this site. Perhaps there was not enough parent involvement, I truley believe that is a major key to your child's success in their educational career. SPX ' not just a school, a

Posted October 10, 2008

I have had 3 children at SPX. One is now in high school while the other 2 remain at SPX and will graduate from there. It has been the best decision I have ever made in the raising of my children. They have grown spiritually, emotionally and academically. My oldest was very prepared for high school and is excelling. The teachers at SPX are well qualified in their academics as well as their caring, nurturing attitude toward the students. The administration is second to none and when I drop my children off in the morning, I know that they are with people that truly care about them as students and people.

Posted September 13, 2008

Very poorly run school, going downhill fast. They are losing students and perhaps now teachers. We were not pleased with this school at all.

Posted August 6, 2008

My son attended prek last year at St. Pius and I would highly recommend the school. I felt that each and every child recieved personal attention and thrived throughout the school year.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6432 York Road