Baltimore, MD

Posted March 26, 2015
Montessori is not a good fit for every child. That said, my child had a horrible experience at this school in the Montessori program. The teacher was unapproachable and easily offended when you asked basic questions about her instruction i.e. "How are you measuring my child's progress?" The class sizes are over crowded, nothing is done about bullying behavior and the administration regards parental concerns as attacks, rather than taking them in stride as areas that need improvement. In addition, the principal (Dates) is extremely unprofessional and unaccommodating, and she allows her staff to be just as callous as she. Above all, the building is old and in bad need of renovation and the materials are outdated. Other than learning school routines, my child learned NOTHING at this school. Along with a other parents who didn't return, I removed my child mid-year and it was the BEST decision I ever made. Look elsewhere to spend your hard earned money.

St Pius X School 4

Posted September 05, 2014
It's sad to see comments such as "posted August 5, 2014". The popular gossip in this school is that dministrators removed their children due to a lack of confidence in the school. I've heard this from more than one parent that I ran into (outside of school events). Those who attend the meetings, volunteer and generally show interest in the whole child (as is the Montessori concept) have a different view. Also, the "mean girl" comment: does that extend to involved dads? Too bad your experience is negative, but I can vouch for a positive experience. Most detractors don't buy into the Montessori concept and frankly, there are other schools that should meet their needs. No school is perfect, including St. Piux, but it's definitely not as bad as some have described here. Had a bad experience last year, but based on the new teachers, I feel a positive change in the works.

Posted August 05, 2014
St. Pius X. Many of the parents that volunteer are mean girls on steroids. The curriculum is so bad the administration has and is transferring their own children to other schools. The school is lacking in every kind (technology, etc.) of anything that is used today. There is basically NO second language course (one day a week starting in 3rd grade doesn't cut it). No official designated coaches for any sport. Do nothings about bullying. Financial help to who they want not who needs it. Too many of the teachers and administration don t smile when they greet students or parents. It seems as though the folks that work there are unhappy and it does impact the learning process.

Posted October 14, 2013
St. Pius X is a wonderful school. They teachers are always available to meet with you to discuss your child's progress, and the principal is very accessible as well. The families are very involved in volunteering for all events and are extremely friendly. While everyone has their friends that they are closest to, all of the students are kind to each other. My sons are in the 2nd grade and the Montessori Primary program.

Posted April 27, 2011
St. Pius X School has an incredible group of parents who work well with the faculty to create a great school community. I am honored to know them all.

St Pius X School 2

Posted November 24, 2010
my child attended this school for pre-k. i found that the teacher was very set in her ways and didn't provide a diverse learning environment. i would only recommend this school if your child is an auditory learner. the curriculum did not teach to the various learning styles of the children in the class. even though the literature and the principal said they did. we decided it was actually better to send our child to an area public school than for them to remain at SPX. We loved the family environment but the academics and the learning environment didn't meet our standards, needs or expectations. i heard there was new leadership in place so hopefully this is a change for the better.

Posted March 26, 2010
My son transferred to St. Pius X in the 5th grade from another catholic school in the city. I was extremely overwhelmed by the principal, teachers, staff, students and parents. They welcomed my son with open arms and he made friends immediately. The academics are much more challenging and the extra curricular activites are amaxing. He is involved in activities that have opened his world to new possibilities that he can continue with in high school. Thank God we transferred him, if not he would have missed out on so much!!! I have experienced the other, St. Pius X is the BEST!!!

Posted March 24, 2010
St Pius is a disappointment!!! The teachers are rude and unmotivated... I rarely see any teacher smiling... a few things that need to improve in the school is replacing the carpet to tile in the classrooms, get a cafeteria, and get a new principle since kids are dropping like flies at this school... if you are going to pay extra money for a private school i would recommend you run far far away from St Pius and FYI the public schools around St Pius provide a better education

St Pius X School

Posted November 07, 2009
the quick respond ,to any of my concern about my son

Posted November 04, 2009
St. Pius X provides a nurturing learning environment where each child is known by name by all the teachers, staff, and students. The teachers and the administration work very closely with the parents to ensure that the school delivers a high quality experience academically, emotionally, and spiritually.

St Pius X School