No rating

St Ambrose Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $61,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted February 14, 2012

I am so pleased to be spending my fifth year teaching at St. Ambrose Catholic School! The staff and administration are kind and welcoming. They make the students feel welcome and secure in their academic pursuits. The staff truly works as a team and they put the interests and the needs of the students first and foremost. I am happy to call St. Ambrose School my "home".
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 2, 2012

St. Ambrose is a great school,my son graduated from there 5 years ago and was prepared for high school and the world. Know my grandson attend and is doing excellent.

Posted March 10, 2010

I love and appreciate St. Ambrose Catholic School, I have 2 children, 1 neice and a grandson who attended St. Ambrose. My daughter recently graduated and was very well prepared to meet the challanges of high school. The teachers at St. Ambrose are very supportive, Ms. Sanders, the principle knows every student personally. St. Ambrose provided a safe learning environment and I especially appreciate the after school program.

Posted March 2, 2010

St. Ambrose is the best my son is in kindergarten and he is doing very well.

Posted December 1, 2009

I love this school. Everyone the was and still is like my 2nd family. I attend this school from k-8 and now I'm a senior in high school. Everyone should send there kids to this school, its the best ever
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 10, 2009

What else can I say but I love the school!!!! I'm a single parent in the Baltimore area and looked at several schools before enrolling my child. The office staff, administration and teachers are willing to help, they want to help our children succeed, that's it! I know it's not offend people say thanks for a job well done but, Mrs. Gonzales and everyone at Saint Ambrose, thanks!!

Posted June 11, 2009

I used to attend St.Ambrose from K-8 and now Im a sophmore in high school. The school was great to me. I loved it there. It was like a second home to me. I used to walk to school every morning and I felt completely at ease and safe there. My favorite teach was Ms. A, the science teacher because she pushed me to do my best. -JTC
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 3, 2009

I have 2 children at St Ambrose with my oldest being in his 5th year there. The New Principal Mrs Carter is great!! The teachers truly are interested and invested in their students education. The extra-Curricular activities are in outstanding and most activities include children as early as 1st grade. If you are looking for a private school education at a reasonable cost St Ambrose is the place to be. The only program lacking is the PK4 class but from K up the education is outstanding!

Posted March 30, 2006

I am really impressed with the sixth grade teavhers this year (2006). All of the teachers have taken an active role in my childs progress. I would like to see more extracurriculum activites such as a chess club, debate club etc. Parent involvement is very low. Few come to the PTA meetings.

Posted August 22, 2005

I think the school needs upgraded amenties to help the children feel more comfortable in their learning environment, such as air-conditioning, the halls needs more brighter lights, and more after-school activities. I think alot of the students are being passed on to the next grade level because the parents are paying for their education, and they are not learning the academic skills they will need when they leave the school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 18, 2004

St. Ambrose is a very good school to go to. The teachers at St. Ambrose helped me prepare for high school and not only high school but for the everyday world. I learned how to conduct myself in public places. St. Ambrose has helped me alot and educated me well. I am now on the honor Roll at Northwestern High School.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4506 Park Heights Avenue