9-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son is going into his Junior year, although initially I was sceptical due to the appearance of the school I through that to the wind due to the passion of the football coach..... Thank God I did!! The teachers, office staff, athletic staff have all so wonderful, so up lifting and so motivational to my son!! I thank God I mad the choice I did...... Appearances can be very underestimating.... To say the least!!

St. Frances Academy is a school that is very different from other high schools. Most high schools look for students who are in the upper 15 to 10 percent of their class. St. Frances will take students that other schools will reject for various reasons and give them a chance. Most who graduate from St. Frances are accepted in a variety of colleges and succeed. While the school focuses on the student and his or her needs--physically, socially, academically, spiritually , and emotionally--it does cater to the very bright student as well as students who struggle. If a student buys into the program and eventually graduates, he/she is usually very successful. Students have attended Georgetown, Jesuit Wheeling, Notre Dame University, Loyola University, Boston College, University of Maryland, Coppin University, Morgan State University, Towson State University, Wake Forest, Xavier in New Orleans, Frostburg, and many others as well as junior colleges. St. Frances takes students from nowhere to College. Call to schedule a visit or shadow day for your child.

Well balanced and informative school. They really set the bar high. The time and interest in my child's education is greatly appreciated.

I love it recommend it to ALL baketball OR football players the football team did their thing this year, YEAH REE !!!!!

my son is going to graduate from st frances and he will do well in college with the level of education and preparation he recieved at st frances academy

St Frances Academy is a school for basket ball. If you don't play basket ball you don't stand a chance. The academics are below standard. The Sister to Sister class is suppose to be a sister's rite of passage, however, my daughter learned to crochet and nothing else. Now crocheting is okay but to me that is not an activity that should be learned during a class period. Most of all St Frances is no accrediated by the State of Maryland. Another thing takes place when you transfer your child from St. Frances to a regular school that is accrediated you will find that the child does not have the required credits to move on. In order to get the credits the child has to attend summer school or one of the community colleges. In my opinion St Frances serves a purpose, I don't know what it is. Don't send your child to St Frances without fully investigating the school, the administrators and teachers.

I enjoyed my son going to SFA I had to take him out because I couldn't afford anymore.He went fo 2 years. I like the fact that the teachers and staff stayed on top of him nd the thing was the staff cared

Saint Frances is excellent and whoever graduates from there leaves with skills like no others.

I don't have any stars to give at this time. I'm very disappointed with SFA. Exactly what are they learning in there? I don't have a clue to why the teacher allow the kids to tell her to shut up.

I am a student @ St. Frances Academy. I enjoy coming to school everyday. I also play basketball, i will be graduating in the year of 2009. I would like to see several changes happen before then i would like more support from our family's and from the school community. There are lots of afterschool things to do @ our school it is just up to the student body to to advantage of what we have. Some people think that there child is better in a public school i mean that is there choice. I know that in 2009 when i leave S.F.A that all that i wanted to complete during my journey will be completed. I love my school the excellent job done by our staff members of trying the honest best to keep us students on the right path. So Yes send your children to St. Frances.

Last modified St Frances Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12