PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We love this school. The sense of community, accountability, and family values are clearly exhibited in the staff and the students. Everybody is kind, caring, and attentive. We are clearly informed about our child's daily activities, accomplishments, and areas for improvement. We feel that our child's teachers truly care. Communication is very important to us, and our child's teacher communicates with us often. The children all know one another and the parents know one another as well. We feel that SFA is a very safe and caring atmosphere that allows our child to express herself and be herself while instilling a strong sense of caring for others as well.

Excellent school for my kids,transferring from another state to SFA had made an easy transition for my children.We feel very welcome by the school and the community of SFA.One of our concern about moving here in Maryland is bullying,we just want to put our kids in a safe school and also offer good academics.3 years in SFA and going for 4 years now, we are happy we made the right choice of choosing the school .great school for preparing your child to high school.

SFA is a community focusing on each child as special, unique and important. The education is excellent. When your child leaves for high school, the local high schools know that the kids from SFA are prepared and ready for the rigor and curriculum they face in secondary education. The sense of community is the most valuable aspect of the school. I know that at any given time, my child knows several of the teachers and other admin staff well enough to confide in them or seek out help if needed. The principal is ivy league educated and has a vision for the school that I believe will make it one of the best places for education in our great city of Baltimore. Additionally the school is seeking out an IB recognition, preparing students a foundation for learning that can be applied in both high school and in college. We love St Francis!

We totally HATED this school and that's tough for anyone to say. We struggled with teachers who were not certified and found it to be a very cold and uncaring environment especially for our son who suffers from a disability. Catholic schools are terribly underfunded and the teachers at this school are not certified. You get better quality teachers from charter schools because most are certified and because they are run just like private schools but because they are under the public school umbrella your child will get equal rights and there's no funding issue about getting extra support. I had no idea catholic schools were unable to support kids with learning disabilities. All they did was call us every day to pick up our child instead of helping her. I would never ever recommend this school to anyone. Try some of the charters you'll save money and probably get a better education experience for your child.

St. Francis of Assisi School located in Mayfield is a wonderful school and community. The school offers excellent academics, two days of physical education, music, art and amazing school plays. The parents are very involved in the school. Parents have the opportunity to volunteer for classroom and school events. There are after school activities such as band, choir, digital photo club, soccer and track and field events. SFA is a great place from pre-school to grade eight!

I have had two children go through St. Francis of Assisi and could not be more pleased with their education. They were both completely thrilled with St. Francis. My husband and I are still very active with the school in many ways. The love and devotion of the teachers is outstanding. The quality of the teaching and the learning is great. The teachers are totally committed to their vocation. The amount of extra time given to students in after school coach classes and clubs is better than I have seen other schools. The commitment of parents is incredible also. There are parents who volunteer their own time to run different clubs in the school to give the children more opportunities. Although many may say that tuition is getting out of hand and that is what is keeping them from private schools, you get so much for your money at St. Francis. The benefits of the fine education that is received there is well worth the money.

I have never felt such a strong sense of community as I do at Saint Francis. Going to Catholic elementary school myself, I was so pleased that the same values and education are holding root in an ever-changing society. It has been a pleasure working and interacting with all the students, families, and staff. Saint Francis is not only where I work; it has become my second home.

We are a non-Catholic family that had some misgivings about a Catholic school education for our children but have found the school to teach the values of kindness, giving and open-mindedness that put our concerns to rest. It's the kind of place where all of the teachers know all of the children and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved as a parent. The school is a cherished part of the larger neighborhood and community and provides my children a place where they can feel very safe, giving them the opprotunity to grow academically, emotionally and socially. We've been very happy with our choice od schools with St. Francis.

St. Francis of Assisi school has a wonderful community.You feel like you are part of a family.The academics are very strong and there are many extracurricular activities to choose from.This is by far the best Catholic school in the area.

St. Francis offers the best of all worlds--a wonderful community atmosphere, strong academics, caring teachers, great sports program, commitment to service, spirituality, and a school that feels like home. My child has flourished here, making friends, learning, growing intellectually and emotionally. I encourage anyone looking for a Pre-K or elementary school to visit SFA to see it "in action"!

Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8