No rating

The Seton Keough High School

Private | 9-12 | 300 students

The Seton Keough High School is known for its STEM program, Project Lead the Way

Living in Baltimore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $169,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted November 5, 2013

My daughter graduated from SKHS in 2013. I could not have dreamed a better high school experience for my daughter than the experience she had at SKHS. She blossomed at this school. The teachers are wonderful and treat the students like they are their own family members. While the academics, the resources, the athletics, and the arts programs are excellent, the school culture is a once in a lifetime experience. The culture is one of sisterhood, tradition, and freedom of expression. This school is an environment that allows and encourages each student to fulfill her individual potential while being a member of one, cohesive student body. There is a love for each other regardless of class. Juniors and Seniors intermingle well with Spohpomores and Freshmen supportively. My daughter had many achievements and was well prepared for college. My daughter truly loved her school while attending, and misses it now that she has graduated. This school is a treasure chest filled with limitless gems!!

Posted October 2, 2013

Seton Keough has great teachers, a great community, and provides an academically challenging and rewarding education.

Posted August 8, 2013

My daughter graduated from SKHS in 2011 and has reaped the benefits of the all the gifts this school has to offer. She is a third year nursing student and is successful because SKHS provided her with a solid foundation in not only the sciences, but also in the arts, sports, and friendships she has made. Walking the halls at Seton Keough, the girls feel the energy, confidence and inspiration of their classmates, and the knowledge and experience of their teachers, and become more involved in their school because they feel the warmth and caring of those around them in the school. Seton Keough is a place where every girl can be her self. Every girl can try new things and be supported by their classmates. Teachers attend and cheer at sporting events and travel to support the choir. Seton Keough exemplifies spirituality, embraces not only the Catholic faith, but also welcomes others of other religious denominations. Seton Keough does not have a huge student body, but they sure have the spirit of a very large school. Everyone pitches in and gives of themselves to make sure each student's four years of high school are academically, emotionally and spiritually fulfilling.

Posted August 8, 2013

The staff at the Seton Keough High School shape the student experience. The teachers, administrators, and staff generate a warm environment wherein students are encouraged to learn, pursue their passions, and achieve their academic goals. Because the curriculum is oriented for college entrance, students are prepared to tackle the rigors of college courses after they graduate from Seton Keough. Perhaps most importantly is the social justice coursework. Based on Catholic social teachings, students learn the principles of morality and adopt decision-making skills rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ. These classes shape the students' worldview and round out their thinking to include not only the rational but the religious aspects. As an alum, I applaud Seton Keough and am proud to be a Gator.

Posted July 26, 2013

I graduated from Archbishop Keough in 1970. I am pleased that my granddaughter has chosen Seton Keough as her high school of choice.

Posted October 15, 2009

As a former student, I think that SK is a wonderful school. The curriculum definitely gives you a good base in preparation for college. GO GATORS!

Posted October 20, 2008

I am Seinor at SKHS and i love it! It is the best program for learning disablieties with Ms. Meers!

Posted October 16, 2008

SKHS is the best high school ever. I feel like I can be myself here, make friends for life, get an awesome education, go to college, achieve my dream job, etc. This school just inspires me to no end. I think the techers are nice and helpful and the students diverse and friendly. So I definitely recommend it for any girl.

Posted August 13, 2008

I am a former student of Seton Keough. It has been several years since I have been back but I know that while I was a student, I loved every minute of it. Is it strict? Of course, isn't it supposed to be? I remember getting in trouble with Sister Pat and knowing that what i did was wrong, so I did the punishment. It is all to help us become stong, independent women. If I had daughters and lived in Baltimore still, this is definitely the school they would attend. Great education, great family involvement, the teachers were awesome...and some are still there from when I attended.

Posted July 8, 2008

Seton keough was not a gud school. I decided to transfer out my junior year. The academics arent where they should be for a college prep school. My mom decided with me t hat it would be in my best interest to leave this school. I am still deciding where to I want to go, but seton keough high school wasn't worth the trouble.

Posted February 19, 2008

I am a mother of two daughter's who graduated from SK. SK taught them the importance of furthering their education. They taught them morals and the importance of a Christian life. I loved the extra activities, especially Senior Farewell day. SK was the best years of our lives.

Posted October 29, 2007

This school is lacking in leadership, discipline and academics. Teachers are over all inexperienced

Posted September 6, 2005

This school was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I went to another high school before SK and SK was a blast. Class of 2003 is the best class that there ever was. Seton Keough is the best school out there with awesome teahcers. The school gives you rules to follow because in the real world you have to follow rules at work and at college and everywhere else. They weren't made to make life hell, but to better life.

Posted March 4, 2005

I think that this school is amazing! At first I didn't think I could belong, I felt very unathletic in the public schools because there were always boys there and they would make fun of anyone, but when I came here I found that I was doing much better in classes and could be helped more with less people in the class, my old school had 32 students in each class so half the students (including me) got switched in the middle of the year! I think the uniforms are fine, people are always judging on what you wear, and they can't do that here! I think the teachers are very kind too and I believe that their rules may be a bit strict but only for the best... the extracurricular activities are wonderful! I love sports and now I can play them really well because I fit in!

Posted February 16, 2005

I attend The Seton Keough High School and I feel as though I am not being educated to the fullest.I believe that administraters are unfriendly and uncorperative.Students are disciplined in an unresonable manner.I am also concerned with the saftey of myself and others, The rules that students are required to follow are upsurd: earings no larger than hoops, come on now who does that hurt?and having to wear kneehighs and stockings all year long without the option of wearing socks unless you wear the summer skirt which is only in season for about one month and a half before we arent allowed to wear them anymore.Are socks really that provacitive?I feel as though the teachers do not contain as much knowledge as I could recieve in a public school.I feel that SetonKeough is behind in education.

Posted February 8, 2005

This is a really good school it helps females focus more on school. at first when I came I did not feel that i would like it but now i really have a lot of fun here. sports are a big thing here and lots of people try out.

Posted February 23, 2004

As a former student of The Seton Keough High School, all I can say is that this school has to be the best parochial school in Baltimore city. The school has caring faculty, an outstanding curriculum and upstanding Christian morals. I have learned so much in my time at this school. This school prepares it's students for college indefinately. Seton Keough high school made college transition all too easy for me. I will carry everything I have learned from this school with me for the rest of my life.

Posted September 9, 2003

The warmth and helpfulness of older students makes the transition into high school for freshman a lot less traumatic. The principal and other leaders of the school community have great leadership qualities and at the same time can relate to the student body at a level that they willingly accept.Has always been a great school, but the faculty and staff still strive to make changes that make the whole experience more fulfilling for the student body each year. Opportunities for parent involvement make it much easier for parents to play an active part in their daughters high school years.

Posted August 26, 2003

As a graduate of The Seton Keough High School I am proud of my Alma Mater and its students for their scholarship, integrity, and character. Since my graduation in 2001 there have been several positive changes including a new principal, theater opportunities, and an improved softball field. The faculty and staff are exceptional and treat each student as an individual with unique needs. Though my learning disability hindered me greatly in my elementary and middle schools, I was able to excel in Honors and AP classes with the help and understanding of the faculty. In addition, the student body is very diverse and spirited. There are many opportunities for student leadership, and the administration is very receptive to the students needs. I am so greatful for the opportunities, education, and memories Seton Keough has given me. Most importantly, the slogan 'Women leaders for a better world' is not merely a catch phrase, but the outcome of the Seton Keough experience.

Posted August 19, 2003

My two daughters when to Seton Keough when it was called Keough and at that time it was a wonderful school. The principal at that time was a great deal of help to me. My one daughter was quite the social butterfly and school meant nothing to her. The teachers and especially the principal helped me to handle her and today I couldn't be more proud of my daughter. She is a very responsible women. Both of my daughters have turned out to be an A+ model for your school. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you once again.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2013)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Engineering

• National Honor Society

School start time
  • 8:00 am
  • Mrs. Angela Calamari
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • All girls
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Service learning
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • Latin
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered

Media arts
  • Graphics
  • Technical design and production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer time after school