PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am very impressed with this school, my daughter has been going to SHM for 4 years now and my 3 year old was just enrolled to the Jr. pre-k. They not only teach the children the basics but they also teach them good manners and to be respectful and more independent.

well I must say that it depends on the child as to how well they will do.No matter what school you go to you will alwaus have promblems.Weather it be with other kids or the teacher.My son went there for 3 years and I was very happy with the teachers and the students,but he needed more help then they could give him.he still could not read.so I put him into a public school and he is doing great.But I am always at the school checking on himand making sure that he gets what he needs.And when you send your child to a cathlioc school you should no some teachers are going to be strict.they were when I went there.That is part of why I sent my son there, there is no perfest school your child will learn as best they can at any school and dont forget you must be involved.

The only reason most parents send their children to this school is because many of the public schools in the area have a demographic make-up that they are not happy with. Unfortunately, the children will suffer because the curriculum at SHMS is terrible...the middle school teachers do as they please, and most parents remain oblivious to the fact that their children are receiving an inadequate education compared to a public school. Technology is outdated, and most teachers do not incorporate it into their curriculum. It is a shame this school is still open and robbing hard-working parents of their money.

We have a new principal, Ms. Pam Walters and she has gone above her job duties to assist my son with a reading disability. I wasn't happy with one of the teachers from a prior year because she didn't do what she said she would do. Ms. Walters made certain that my son was getting the tutoring that he needed. She privately tutored my son once a week until Unv. of Md (pals program) came in to work with him. Mrs. Remsky who is the 4th grade teacher worked with my son on a one to one basis. So, far I'm very pleased with the help my son is getting at SHM. Thank you, Joanne Bayles

I would like to commment the New Student's comment about SHM. Dear New Student and others reading, I have written on this website before about how much I liked SMH but with this student's comment, and others I have heard, about the school, I am starting to second guess myself. I loved SHM and they did an OK job with preparing me for High School. I got into Loyola Blakefield so they had to of done something right. Anyways, in my high school experience, you are not going to like everyone you meet. Now Im not saying that the people over at SHM shouldnt be 'nice', all Im saying is that that, in a weird way, is preparing you for high school. The same thing with the teachers. If you are failing a class, you are not going to get extra credit from all the teachers, only the really nice ones.

I am a new student here and no one is actually nice, neither the students or the teachers. And that's just sad, because I expected better from this school. Spanish is substituted for watching movies. Teachers occasionally lie about when projects are due, making students rush to get it done-for no reason. If you are expecting catholic, good-quality education from this school, chances are, you will not get it. Don't sent your kids here, I'm begging you. My life is miserable here, and I'm failing in classes I've never even come close to failing in before just because the teachers never give us chances to get our grades higher, ever.

I absolutly love SHM, not only do my two children attend, but I will have another child attending soon. The principle is fantasic, spiitural and a wonderful person for the children to follow as an example. Her heart is huge and her adminstative tallents are spectacular. She is a wonderful leader that brings God into room and everyone's heart. I encourage you to place your children in SHM, they will be safe, they will learn from teachers who have a master's degree and place your child's best interest first. My children are well educated and I wouldn't even consider another school. From Pre-k to 8th. Your child will receive an outstanding education. The Youth Group organizes events for all the children to particapte in along with other extracurricular activities. Art and Sports are strong also. Awards are giving out yearly for the amazing talents these children develope.

I attended shm so i knew when i had a child he would attend.I feel so safe knowing that he is there and getting the education he needs.But not just for the grades i feel that the enviroment is safe for my son i would not send him anywhere else.this school will work with you anyway they can and they have done that with me and i appriciate it.

Last modified Sacred Heart of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8