Our Lady of Victory School

Private | PK-8 | 432 students

We are best known for learning enviroment.

Living in Baltimore

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $85,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Sweep tile

Posted February 11, 2014

This is a great school. The teachers are experienced and really care for the students, wanting them all to succeed. The new principal has made great changes bringing new technology to the school and focusing on critical thinking and preparing students for the future. There is a new focus on arts and culture which I also love.

Posted January 31, 2014

I would give this school a zero stars if the option was available. Terrible environment, lazy teachers, uncaring administrators. But you don't have to take my opinion about the school--send your child there and see it for yourself.

Posted January 25, 2014

This school is on the decline...and at a fast rate thanks to the new leadership. The attendance at this school is at a record low; the "leadership" appears to be more concerned with the amount of funds coming in rather than anything else. Very disturbing to see what was once a great school become such a sad place to be.

Posted May 22, 2013

While this year has been one of great change, I still have utter faith in the school, it's faculty and leadership. Absolutely love how they prepared my oldest child for high school, and how well they've handled my middle schooler and positioned him for success. The science teacher is one of the best I've ever known, the music teacher actually teaches them music, the art teacher (only part-time) inspires her students to great work and really, all the teachers give it their very best everyday. I would like to see things like art and music be regular classes rather than extras and I'd like to see a greater offering of foreign languages. I do think the strength of the school comes from the fact that it's really like a big family. That's one of the first things I noticed when we transferred to OLV after our school was closed. It's our strength together that makes the school what is and will keep it growing strong over the years. If I had to make the choice again, I'd still choose OLV. It's that good.

Posted February 16, 2012

The quality of instruction is on a fast decline. Discipline is lacking which for many is a reason they turn to Catholic schools. Favortism is a big problem in the middle school. Honors are not given to those with top marks. Middle school science is poor. The kids are left with no time to be kids and credit is not given for hard work.

Posted April 11, 2011

I had two children attend Our Lady of Victory school. Throughout their years from Kindergarten through eighth grade they were challenged academically and spiritually. They were well prepared for the rigors of high school and college. Even more important is the fact that they were exposed to good values and religious content to prepare them for the lessons and challenges in the world that they will meet. I was very pleased with the education that my children received at this school.

Posted April 9, 2011

We chose Our Lady of Victory school for our children because of the close knit community and it's teachers. Our children were very happy and did very well at Our Lady of Victory. The school and teachers gave our children the foundation and tools that they needed to do well in high school and to go on to college. The christian atmosphere was their on a daily basis for our children. They always wanted to be a part of the extra activities that the school had going on and enjoyed the time they were there. Being a part of that as a parent, we made many friendships and have nothing but good memories from OLV. I am still involved with OLV and feel that our first interest is always the children and doing what is best for them.

Posted April 8, 2011

Our Lady of Victory is a wonderful school! I am a mother of two children. One started in kindergarten and graduated from OLV 9yrs later, and now is very successful in high school, thanks to the education that they received from the dedicated teachers at Our Lady of Victory. And my other child started in pre-kindergarten and is now in 4th grade and absolutely loves their teacher and school! I am very satisfied with the education and the family like atmosphere here at OLV! I am happy that my children had/have the opportunity to attend OLV.

Posted April 8, 2011

I have been working at Our Lady of Victory for a while now, and am still amazed with the community we have. The students are kind, caring, and helpful. They are excited to come to school each day. The teachers are warm and enthusiastic. There is a place for almost every kind of learner here. Advanced students are challenged. Kids who are struggling get help. The teachers really care about the students and their success. A great testament to this is the number of graduates who come back to visit and share their stories. Almost every time they thank their teachers here for pushing them in middle school, because they were well-prepared for high school and beyond. There are also numerous special classes for all students: art, music, gym, as well as computers and library skills. We have a band, and many varying clubs for the students to join. The best way to see if OLV is right for your family is to visit. Once you get here you will know if this is the right fit for you. Call to schedule a shadow day and your child will get to see the classes and school (and lunch!) first-hand. Tours are available every day, just call or come in and visit.

Posted April 8, 2011

I am the parent of two children who attended OLV from Kindergarten through 8th Grade. OLV provided an excellent academic foundation for achieving success in both High School and College. The strong Christian values and discipline instilled in the classroom and daily activities provide an environment conducive to learning. When it came time for my grandson to attend school, OLV was my first and only choice. Through the hard work and dedication of the faculty and staff, he is maturing and making excellent progress in academics and social skills. Having been a teacher at OLV for the past 12 years I can truly appreciate all the good things OLV has to offer in and out of the classroom.

Posted April 8, 2011

I attended OLV from kindergarden through 8th grade. The faculty at the school was spectacular, and going to OLV built my foundation for my future. This is an excellent school and I feel blessed, proud, and thankful that I've had the opportunity to graduate from OLV.

Posted April 7, 2011

I am a graduate and currently have three children attending OLV. I am very pleased with the education they are receiving. They are challenged academically and receive assistance when necessary. I am very proud of my children and how well they are excelling. I am very happy with how the teachers have helped them over the years. My oldest daughter received a scholarship to her first choice high school and I thank the OLV teachers for helping her achieve her goal! OLV offers so many wonderful after school clubs and community service activities for the children. All you need to do is walk through the doors to know that you have become part of a large, loving family.

Posted April 7, 2011

This school is excellent! It provides a great academic foundation in a safe and friendly environment. Parents are made to feel welcome and the graduates excel in the high school of their choice.

Posted April 7, 2011

OLV provides a solid education, with good discipline in a Catholic School environment. I am a parent of three daughters who are graduates. One is still in college, two are successful in their careers. I am also a teacher here, and have been at OLV for 19 years. Thinking I needed more money to pay for my youngest child's expensive college tuition, I left and worked at area public elementary schools and half of a year at a local middle school (rated a Blue Ribbon school). Believe me, you CANNOT compare what is acceptable behavior in the public middle schools with OLV. The fact that police are on guard in the schools is a big clue. If your child is in Gifted and Talented, they have a chance, but what I experienced even in those classes, showed lack of structure and huge discipline problems. If your child is in standard classes, they are put together with children who have varying types of special needs, with IEP'S, from emotional, psychological to learning disabilities. I came back to OLV the next year and am very happy here. Those who have written negative comments, go talk directly with your teacher if you have issues. Our salaries are certainly NOT WHAT KEEPS US HERE.

Posted April 7, 2011

I have been teaching at OLV for 21 yrs. and have been a part of a wonderful family. We at OLV are a family and all of the children that walk through our doors become part of that family. We strive to educate and develop well rounded children how become adults that can make a difference in the world today. Our students go on to become well informed and well educated young people. I have a grandchild now and he will be attending OLV in a couple of years. I am looking forward to him also becoming that child that will make a difference in the world today.

Posted April 7, 2011

My children attended Our Lady of Victory School from Pre-K through 8th grade. They both had a positive and fun experience through out there time there. They each participated in many activities/clubs avaiable at OLV. They graduated and had very successful High School and College experiences due to there great education they received at Our Lady of Victory School.

Posted April 7, 2011

Our Lady of Victory School is a wonderful school. My Nephew went to OLV for 9 years. The curriculum is great and the Teachers are very dedicated and caring. They have a wonderful faculty and staff and are always willing to help in any way that they can. I would sincerely recommend this school for anyone. I am also a Teacher at OLV, and have been teaching for many years at this school!

Posted April 7, 2011

Being a part of the student alumni of Our Lady of Victory, I was not only able to see the never ending satisfaction of the parent, but I was also able to enjoy a piece of that satisfaction as well. Our Lady of Victory offered more then just technical and academic support, they also offered an emotional and more personal type of support to help each individual grow to their maximum potential. There is a very open-ended learning environment that is abundant in resources, including but not limited too the extracurricular clubs/groups such as the theater and drama department, as well as the well-known scrabble club. By including these groups into the school's curriculum, the child is offered several outlets to expand their knowledge and taste. Academically, the school challenges it's students and staff to push forward and develop new ways of solving problems. The students have many alternatives such as after-school tutoring and a on-campus guidance counselor that they can use as resources to help them maintain a positive attitude, as well as teachers who love and care about each and every student. I'm proud to say that I am a graduate of Our Lady of Victory :)

Posted March 30, 2011

My daughter attended this school for nine years, from Kindergarten through grade 8. She is now graduating high school, and has had a very solid foundation due to her years at OLV. Not only was she prepared academically for high school, but more importantly, she has held on to the values instilled during her years at OLV. The teachers and staff of Our Lady of Victory served as role models and guides to help her develop into the caring, self-assured young lady she has become. I would highly recommend Our Lady of Victory due to its strong academics and dedicated faculty. The Science and Technology Wing is a great bonus, too!

Posted March 30, 2011

My children have experienced an excellent education at OLV. The teachers use a variety of instructional techniques, and teach to many different types of learners. They also go out of their way to meet with families when students are struggling. Many exciting clubs such as Scrabble, band, cheerleading, drama, and various art-related clubs are offered, as are sports like soccer and basketball. Please consider this school for your child or children. You won't regret it! Stop by the office to make an appointment and see what makes our school great!

Asian 6% N/A

• Gym

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Thomas E. Riddle
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (410) 242-8867

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook