Baltimore, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted December 13, 2014
This school WAS a good school...until the new principal took over in 2011. Very sad to see such a great school go downhill so quickly. I have never seen two people turn something that was so great into a school that people view as a joke. (If I could submit this review with zero stars, I would; one star is too much.)

Our Lady Of Victory School 4

Posted November 25, 2014
I am a grandparent of two boys attending OLV - 1st & 3rd. Currently, I am a school board member in another community that has been undergoing many changes. have read the various comments here about the school. The comments are understandable. But, I content the reason for them has not been properly evaluated. To educate children today requires computer technology almost from the very start of a childs education. Such technology is expensive. I noticed the lack of computer use 3 years ago. The current administration is making a hurculean effort to get the school into today's education methods for tomorrow's workforce. That takes money and requires staff changes. That is what is going on. In my judgement, the administraion is making great progress and the staff is likewise moving to the new platform. The children are thriving in the new environment. Yes, there is a ways to go; but, you do not get there by saying we will do it next year. The future is now for the children. OLV is on that path.

Posted February 11, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are experienced and really care for the students, wanting them all to succeed. The new principal has made great changes bringing new technology to the school and focusing on critical thinking and preparing students for the future. There is a new focus on arts and culture which I also love.

Posted January 31, 2014
I would give this school a zero stars if the option was available. Terrible environment, lazy teachers, uncaring administrators. But you don't have to take my opinion about the school--send your child there and see it for yourself.

Posted January 25, 2014
This school is on the decline...and at a fast rate thanks to the new leadership. The attendance at this school is at a record low; the "leadership" appears to be more concerned with the amount of funds coming in rather than anything else. Very disturbing to see what was once a great school become such a sad place to be.

Posted May 22, 2013
While this year has been one of great change, I still have utter faith in the school, it's faculty and leadership. Absolutely love how they prepared my oldest child for high school, and how well they've handled my middle schooler and positioned him for success. The science teacher is one of the best I've ever known, the music teacher actually teaches them music, the art teacher (only part-time) inspires her students to great work and really, all the teachers give it their very best everyday. I would like to see things like art and music be regular classes rather than extras and I'd like to see a greater offering of foreign languages. I do think the strength of the school comes from the fact that it's really like a big family. That's one of the first things I noticed when we transferred to OLV after our school was closed. It's our strength together that makes the school what is and will keep it growing strong over the years. If I had to make the choice again, I'd still choose OLV. It's that good.

Our Lady Of Victory School 2

Posted February 16, 2012
The quality of instruction is on a fast decline. Discipline is lacking which for many is a reason they turn to Catholic schools. Favortism is a big problem in the middle school. Honors are not given to those with top marks. Middle school science is poor. The kids are left with no time to be kids and credit is not given for hard work.

Posted April 11, 2011
I had two children attend Our Lady of Victory school. Throughout their years from Kindergarten through eighth grade they were challenged academically and spiritually. They were well prepared for the rigors of high school and college. Even more important is the fact that they were exposed to good values and religious content to prepare them for the lessons and challenges in the world that they will meet. I was very pleased with the education that my children received at this school.

Posted April 09, 2011
We chose Our Lady of Victory school for our children because of the close knit community and it's teachers. Our children were very happy and did very well at Our Lady of Victory. The school and teachers gave our children the foundation and tools that they needed to do well in high school and to go on to college. The christian atmosphere was their on a daily basis for our children. They always wanted to be a part of the extra activities that the school had going on and enjoyed the time they were there. Being a part of that as a parent, we made many friendships and have nothing but good memories from OLV. I am still involved with OLV and feel that our first interest is always the children and doing what is best for them.

Posted April 08, 2011
Our Lady of Victory is a wonderful school! I am a mother of two children. One started in kindergarten and graduated from OLV 9yrs later, and now is very successful in high school, thanks to the education that they received from the dedicated teachers at Our Lady of Victory. And my other child started in pre-kindergarten and is now in 4th grade and absolutely loves their teacher and school! I am very satisfied with the education and the family like atmosphere here at OLV! I am happy that my children had/have the opportunity to attend OLV.

Our Lady Of Victory School
4416 Wilkens Avenue, Baltimore, MD  21229
Last modified Our Lady Of Victory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Victory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top