Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 04, 2016
For coming every day to teach our children and having patience with them even in the after-school activities.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 04, 2016
By the time my girl gets in and finish her homework all she has time to do is get ready for bed. No outside at all not even on the weekend sometime.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
I can see it through my granddaughter how she is at home and with other children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I am grateful for all the teachers from pre k to 5th grade just having patience and understanding to come every day to teach our children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 04, 2016
Just coming every day and having my granddaughter come home and telling me how much she learned

Posted November 08, 2012
I HAD THE JOY OF GOING TO ABBOTTSTON IN THE EARLY 80'S. IT WAS A EXCELLEBTG SCHOOL THEN AND A EXCELLENT SCHOOL NOW. TODAY I WENT TO A HOMEGOING SERVICE FOR ONE OF MY TEACHERS WHO TAUGHT THERE MANY YEARS, MRS. MARGERINE TAYLOR. MAY YOU REST IN PARIDISE. IT WAS A BLESSING TO HAVE YOU MENTOR ME. IF WE HAD MORE MRS.TAYLORS IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM OUR KIDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF,SHE WAS ONE OF THE ONES THAT CARED. YOU WILL BE TRULLY MISSED.

Posted August 27, 2012
I love this school! Even though it is going through a very large transition from previous years the principal is coming in ready for the challenge. The teachers care, becasue it is small you get to have a personal relationship with the staff and parents. To me its like a extended family. I know my child will recieve the best education here because they CARE!!!

Abbottston Elementary School 2

Posted December 21, 2010
The past two years were great. Small classes, high staff to student ratio. Any problems were handled with dedication and care and my child got the attention they needed. This year is a different story. Since the standardized test cheating scandal investigation, staff was downsized and the school does not seem to be under control. My child gets bullied a lot. He tells because he's scared, but nothing seems to change. The staff and teachers are so busy and stressed out to look into these things. Not to mention how class size has expanded and there's kids from another grade in his class, which confuses the children since they have to figure out which grade the teacher is teaching at the moment. Also, the class is in chaos a lot of times, with children running around the room, running into things and hurting each other. I don't understand, is this normal?

Abbottston Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2009
My son is a fourth grader at Abbottston Elementary School. This is a much safer school then the one we attended two years ago. Academically I rate this school the best. I used to attend this school years ago and I am glad that my son has a chance to attend as well

Posted December 20, 2008
We have just relocated to Baltimore City from NYC and my children (1st and 5th grades) are blossoming in this school. They love the school and they love their teachers. I am impressed by the sense of unity and genuine care exhibited by the teachers and staff. I am very happy with their academic performances and impressed by the dedication of these educators. Ms Johnson is the best! (1st grade). I really appreciate the professionalism and want to thank them for helping my children adjust well to their new environment. I can't say enough.

1300 Gorsuch Ave, Baltimore, MD  21218
Last modified Abbottston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.