PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The Wilkes school is a wonderful school in the heart of Baltimore. They provide the most caring and thoughtful education. I am very happy that my son is going there. It is the best school I could have dreamed of for my children. It is a true privilege to be part of the school community. Thank you to all the teachers and staff for making it such a special place.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework for the pre-K is perfect. The children just need to draw or write about a different word or concept each week. It is creative, low pressure, high reward and high learning experience.

My daughter was a nervous wreck when she started at Wilkes. After a year, everyone (friends, doctors, teachers, relatives) was amazed at how much she changed: she is now an outgoing, happy, well-adjusted, confident kid. This school has done more for my daughter than any amount of therapy or special instruction could have done, because they CARE about her. There has been some research recently that shows that the bond between the teacher and the student is more important in educational outcomes than any particular instructional approach and I would say my daughter's experience at Wilkes is a perfect example of this. The teachers and staff at this school are really devoted to their students. My daughter CRIED last spring whenever she thought about the school year ending. There isn't a single teacher or staff member there she doesn't like, and coming from my daughter, that's saying a lot. So, yes, highly recommended!

SUCH a nice school. We have been overwhelmed by the caring and commitment from all levels of the staff, not just the instructors (although they are amazing), but the also administrators, support staff, everyone. The second you walk in the door, you feel so welcomed. It's an amazing place.

My child will enter 3rd grade this fall. She's been there since K. We LOVE this school. The academics are rigorous and the standards are high, but the teachers really, really care about the children. One day last year my child told me that she cried at lunch b/c she missed me. When I asked what did her teacher do, she said that her teacher hugged her and let her sit near her. It made me love the school even more! She received the best language arts instruction, bar none! She is an excited and passionate (if distracted) student and it has been a pleasure to watch her develop leadership skills and true thinking and problem solving skills. And, having the many Mt. Vernon institutions as her classroom is amazing. When they learned about and celebrated the War of 1812 last year they walked across the street for personalized instruction at the MD Historical Society. They attend the various festivals at the Washington Monument and how can you beat having the main branch of the Enoch Pratt as your school library?

I went there for 4th and 5th grade. It is a great school. The teachers care about each student. I really loved social studies, science, and arts there. It was so cool to make movies in social studies. It was great to have Mt. Vernon be my classroom. Enoch Pratt was my library, and the Walters was my art room. The teachers taught me how to love learning. It was like a second home to me. I wish it went beyond 5th grade.

I transferred to this school last year in 4th grade. The Wilkes School is a wonderful place to go to school because the teachers care about us learning, they have amazing after-school clubs like Film Club and chorus, and the students are well-behaved and ready to learn. Send your kid here!

This is a wonderful school that provides children with an excellent academic foundation. The children are enthusiastic learners from diverse backgrounds.The teachers nurture their students intellectual curiosity, while at the same time respecting individual learning differences.

This is one of the secret jewels of Baltimore. A wonderful & charming school with caring staff. While the annual budget struggles under the weight of being in a historic building, all of Mount Vernon and downtown Baltimore will be your child's classroom. Best independent school deal in town--tuition, aftercare & lunch in one price.

I am an alum of Grace and St. Peters and it is absolutely the best school ever to send your child or children. My sister and I matriculated through from pre-kindergarten until 5th grade. I spoke at their graduation two years ago (I'm a sophomore in college now), I am still best friends with my classmates from 1st grade, and I still maintain close contact with my past teachers. This school provides students with a foundation that will help them for life. I still remember many of the lessons that I learned there. I am also a person of color and I have to say that I have never been in a more diverse learning environment ever (I've been to 4 schools).

Last modified The Wilks School At Grace & St Peter is a Private school that serves grades PK-5