Posted August 09, 2013
My child will enter 3rd grade this fall. She's been there since K. We LOVE this school. The academics are rigorous and the standards are high, but the teachers really, really care about the children. One day last year my child told me that she cried at lunch b/c she missed me. When I asked what did her teacher do, she said that her teacher hugged her and let her sit near her. It made me love the school even more! She received the best language arts instruction, bar none! She is an excited and passionate (if distracted) student and it has been a pleasure to watch her develop leadership skills and true thinking and problem solving skills. And, having the many Mt. Vernon institutions as her classroom is amazing. When they learned about and celebrated the War of 1812 last year they walked across the street for personalized instruction at the MD Historical Society. They attend the various festivals at the Washington Monument and how can you beat having the main branch of the Enoch Pratt as your school library?

Posted March 30, 2013
I went there for 4th and 5th grade. It is a great school. The teachers care about each student. I really loved social studies, science, and arts there. It was so cool to make movies in social studies. It was great to have Mt. Vernon be my classroom. Enoch Pratt was my library, and the Walters was my art room. The teachers taught me how to love learning. It was like a second home to me. I wish it went beyond 5th grade.

Posted March 11, 2013
I transferred to this school last year in 4th grade. The Wilkes School is a wonderful place to go to school because the teachers care about us learning, they have amazing after-school clubs like Film Club and chorus, and the students are well-behaved and ready to learn. Send your kid here!

Posted December 16, 2010
This is a wonderful school that provides children with an excellent academic foundation. The children are enthusiastic learners from diverse backgrounds.The teachers nurture their students intellectual curiosity, while at the same time respecting individual learning differences.

Posted July 24, 2008
This is one of the secret jewels of Baltimore. A wonderful & charming school with caring staff. While the annual budget struggles under the weight of being in a historic building, all of Mount Vernon and downtown Baltimore will be your child's classroom. Best independent school deal in town--tuition, aftercare & lunch in one price.

Posted February 07, 2007
- a former student
I am an alum of Grace and St. Peters and it is absolutely the best school ever to send your child or children. My sister and I matriculated through from pre-kindergarten until 5th grade. I spoke at their graduation two years ago (I'm a sophomore in college now), I am still best friends with my classmates from 1st grade, and I still maintain close contact with my past teachers. This school provides students with a foundation that will help them for life. I still remember many of the lessons that I learned there. I am also a person of color and I have to say that I have never been in a more diverse learning environment ever (I've been to 4 schools).

Posted November 20, 2005

Posted December 25, 2004

The Wilks School At Grace & St Peter
707 Park Avenue, Baltimore, MD  21201
Last modified The Wilks School At Grace & St Peter is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
The Wilks School At Grace & St Peter Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top