Baltimore, MD

Arundel Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
This school is horrible, and the principle needs to go. I would have gave it no stars but my daughter's teacher is wonderful.The principle is careless and has no control over the school. I made a few surprise visits and saw so many things out of place. Classrooms without teachers, children playing in the bathroom with no supervision, parents complaining about their children getting bullied and there has been many times things have been stolen from other children. I even heard one of the teachers telling a child that she was going to drag him across the floor. By the way the bathrooms smell terrible!! I do not blame the children I blame the leadership. The school needs a stronger principle and I hope they get one. This is my daughters first and last year.

Arundel Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
I see a bunch of rave reviews on this school and i must say, either these reveiws are full of it or maybe I'm just picky. My children were told they weren't going to celebrate Halloween in October because not everyone recognizes it as a holiday but had no problem handing out dreidels to students around Christmas. I have also noticed a problem with bullying. My daughter complains about being bullied and instead of the bullies being reprimanded, my child was instead isolated, which is clearly victim blaming. My daughter shouldn't have to come home crying because of the boys in her class.

Posted November 27, 2011
Im rating this school strictly on the basis of how much I have seen such major improvements in my child. If you are looking for a well-structured school you are in the right place, before my child was enrolled at this school I was allowed to tour the school and it was absolutely a wonderful experience to see the students actually well-behaved and actively participating in class.

Arundel Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted September 23, 2008
There is no school I feel is better than Arundel. My kids have been here for three years and the awesome administration that this school is under this year can't be touched.

Posted August 26, 2007
This is a good school getting better. It is under new leadership and has many new programs for students and parents. I believe that it is going to become one of the best schools in Baltimore city.

Posted August 26, 2007
I really like this school. It has a wonderfully secretary who is kind and helpful. The staff is great, especially the principal. I know my grand child will learn a lot from attending this school.

Posted October 20, 2006
Along with Tyrone Harris, I am also a former student of this school and I am proud to have my children continue in footsteps that not only did I take but also my mother. That is a wonderful school in the Cherry Hill community.

Arundel Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted March 26, 2006
I am a former memberof Arundel Elementary School and I know that I am who I am because of this school. I am now a promising elementary school teacher, community activist, loving spouse, educator, mentor, and all-around nice person. Arundel has taught me that Attendance, Academics, and Attitude are all attibutes of the human being that have to stay positive and abundant. The programs that are allowed in this school are enriching and I will promise that your son/ daughter will be most fullfilled when they enroll in this school.

Posted February 01, 2005
Hi, i am a former student at arundel. The whole atmosphere of arundel has changed dramatically in a good way. I was graduate of the first 8th grade class and i wouldn't rather be anything else. Our teachers for the past 4-5 years have given us trips, a prom, graduations. Even during the budget cuts. They gave money from their pockets that most of us didnt even deserve. If you want your child to have enlightened school time, arundel is the place to enroll your child. This school is in the cherry hill area. The teachers are great and a word of advice, be concerned parents. They'll tell you that in a heartbeat. Arundel alumni, jennifer holmes

Posted July 27, 2004
My kids only had the opportunity of being in the school for a very short period of time. But they were pretty please with the school and what it had to offer. The principal was very strong with dealing with the children. I know for a fact that I had a problem child; who if was allowed would go astray, but his behavior was not tolerated which was execellent. My kids stated that they learned more there in the two months that they were there than in the whole year that they were at Sandy Plains and General Strickere which were baltimore county schools. We are no longer in that area which means my children will no longer be able to attend this school. I love to have known the outcome of them being there for a entire school year! Ms Lee 2nd grader keep up the good work.

Arundel Elementary/Middle School
2400 Round Rd, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Arundel Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arundel Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top