Bad
Good

This school is getting better. At first I had my doubts, but teachers are strict,and they have alot of assemblies and activities for kids and parents.

this school is the worst to school to ever send your kids to the teachers see bullying and do nothing about it. students do whatever they want. there's a fight everyday its horrible do not send your kids there

My son started his first year of pre-k and he loves his new school. The teachers are very nice and professional and they seem to really care about the kids and their education. He learns new things everyday he even knows a little spanish now.

my grand daughter will be attending 2nd grade this august. she attended 1st grade with mrs. vega last year, she was at the top of the class. i will say tthe curriculum was not a challenge for my grand daughter but the teacher ttried pretty hard to educate her students. all in all i do like principle otis lee. i just feel the younger kids should not be in the lunchroom in the mornings with the middle school kids. too much interaction and not enough supervision.

DR.NATHAN PITTSASHBORTON ELE./MID. SCHOOL IS A HARD-WORKING SCHOOL FROM STUDENTS AND PARENTS THAT GOES TO THIS SCHOOL SAYS THAT"THE SCHOOL IS A UNHEALTHY PLACE TO BE" ,ALYIAH SAYS

The teachers at this chool really care about the students. The middle school needs alot of work. The administrations tries, but sometimes they are not avaialable. They also need more police at the school to help with fights in the neighborhood.

I have had my children at Ashburton for three years, and each year the school adds new programs and material for students. I am impressed with the way teachers cares about children, and the administration deals with parents.

My child has been in this school since sixth grade and so far every year these "teachers" have been teaching my child the same thing every year.She is now in the eight grade and they teach her the SAME WORK AS SEVENTH GRADERS! For starters the teaching is very poor,from the first day of school they have had 3 diffrent math teachers, 3 diffrent science teachers and 2 diffrent language arts teachers...This is truly ridiculous and something needs to be done!

My son is currently in the 3rd grade. He has attended this school since kindergarten. When my child was in preschool he was taught along with the 5 yr olds, so when he got to Ashburton I thought "well maybe he is ahead of the class because of the prev year". I was so wrong! The curriculm is poor!! I feel that the teachers do not go the extra mile as far as the students are concerned. My son receives the SAME EXACT ditto sheet for homework EVERY night. He does not get reading assignments, spelling words or vocabulary words. All of his reading & extra math, social studies, maps etc. comes from material that I buy & give to him at home. Pitts Ashburton is a poor example of a educational instition & should be shut down for failing to provide our children with a proper education. Baltimore City has really dropped the ball on this one. Needless to say I am transferring my son next school year. I can no longer sit around & wait for this school to improve. It has taken way too long thus far!

Seems like they lost controll !The children are running wild !Very little learning is taking place.Something has too change and quickly, it is awful.The school needs staff, adin and teachers who are willing to get involved and commit to the challenge.They need to be monitored AND given support services to help get it under controll.Wouldn'r send my child there.

Last modified Dr. Nathan A. Pitts-Ashburton Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.