K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"Poor communication": Specific feedback (or communication) would have been helpful. I maintain an open-door policy and welcome feedback in person at all times. This year, thankfully, we experienced sudden, sustained growth in our pre-K and K (and other) classes, and several letters and face-to-face talks every day kept all information before the parents at all times. Perhaps e-mails will help. New this school year: EDLINE! This will be an excellent communication piece for our school!
October 02, 2010

Bad
Good

Arlington Baptist School 5

Posted September 20, 2014
So in the past, the administration had been iffy but the new administrator is great! so glad I kept my kids at Arlington. Great teachers, great students and amazing academics.

Arlington Baptist School 5

Posted June 07, 2014
Highly recommended by my church. I enrolled my twin boys. I later found out I did not go wrong with this school.I thank God this kind of school still exist.

Posted March 04, 2014
This is my son's first year at Arlington. I have been extremely impressed with the overall quality of the Christian education that he receiving at the elementary school level. The BJU curriculum is very comprehensive and I think it suits his learning style well. It took him a while to get used to the rigorous academic pace and workload demands but he is now adjusted. I strongly believe that it is very beneficial for students to learn good study habits and work ethic early on at the elementary school level.

Posted August 12, 2013
Some of the teachers do a great job of teaching but the Administration takes decisions without including the parents.

Posted August 12, 2013
The school is being run very poorly, I and a number of other parents are frustrated with the administration.

Arlington Baptist School 2

Posted August 09, 2013
Just read the Principal's reply to the poor communication issue and just had to laugh. The Principal, two weeks prior to the start of scholl just informed parents they will be merging the K-3 and K-4 class with one teacher teaching both classes in one room. How that makes sense I do not know but I have pulled my child from the school. Another private school recently closed and ABS inherited a majority of their students, it seems ABS priority is to make as much money as possible without regard to the quality of education. If you want quality education please try to enroll your child into Liberty Christian School, I have to warn you that they minimize the size of students in their classroom which improves the attention each student receives thus improving their educational experience.

Posted September 20, 2011
I have had my share of Christian Schools (4 to be exact). I finally feel at home. The Principal is caring and supportive and so are the teachers. It is also a good feeling to know that these teachers love the Lord and it shows! Both of my children enjoy the fact that there is a "real" gym and organized sports. I have a graduating senior and an eight grader so we will be there for a few more years.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 02, 2010

Posted October 02, 2010
Wow! I have found the school overall very positive, and the teachers are well prepared. The principal has kept us pretty well informed and is ready to get feedback. Many parents want to get involved; I hope they're ready to put us to work!

Posted September 22, 2010
I have gotten lots of positive feedback on Arlington, but these people had children attending the school at least 7 years ago.I placed my child into their Kindergarten program. Educationally they are good but staffing and communication is very poor.

Arlington Baptist School
3030 N Rolling Rd, Baltimore, MD  21244
Last modified Arlington Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-12