Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Barclay Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted May 23, 2016
The staff is always available to help you. They keep you inform of your child's progress. If your child is having a problem with class work or isn't feeling well the staff is on top of it.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
I want like to say thank you to each and every person because I believe it takes a whole team working together to get the job done. I believe if you have a great leader you have greater followers. I would like to send a special shout out to Ms. Spann, and Ms. Jackson. Thanks!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 19, 2015
From what I see any hear i think the teachers are effective with the students. When I look at my grand children's work it let me know that they are on target or even above there grade level.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 18, 2015
Homework for me is important because it gives the children extra time to review and practice more what they have learned. This way it will always be fresh in there minds.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They teach the that they can do anything if they put forth effort . They tell the child that they must had determination and believe in themselves

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They teach the children why and how they should each other and also each other's belongings

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel that they do because I have seen first hand through my grandson who is ADHA how the care and has empathy for you when he's not on task.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
This school put the kids concerns first. Academics are very important but while giving them all of those things I find they also deal with each child's social and communications skills. If I had to rate Barclay I would give them a 99.9.

Barclay Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted June 10, 2014
My son just graduaded from Barclay and since first grade we were treated like family. All the teachers and staff had a real interest in his improvement and well being. We came from another country and Barclay was one of the schools with an ESL program, taught by Mr Alex, who made my son's transition to English very easy. They have a free after school program, organized by Child First, that enriched his school experience greatly. Now with the 29th Street Community Center attached to the building they have even more options, like Robotics and violin lessons. The teachers sent me e-mails and phone calls about my sons progress in class, and i've never seen such dedication. Because of all that, my son is going to Baltimore Polytechnic Institute and i couldn't be more grateful !

Barclay Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted January 03, 2012
I am very impressed with the school and my daughters teacher, Ms. Mundie. She tells me whenever anything is going on with my daughter, and works hard to make sure that she is learning not just at school but also at home. They get recess every day, and have art and computer class ever week as well. The classroom feels so friendly and the kids are all very well behaved (for 4 year olds). My daughter loves her school and her class, and I do too!

2900 Barclay St, Baltimore, MD  21218
Last modified Barclay Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.